TBitmap gets smaller on rotation in delphi xe8 firemonkey multi device proj

I have an TImage compontent with a bitmap. The image component size properties are singles and TBitmap size properties are integers. The bitmap needs to be the same size as the component and i've made a resize method that gets called everytime the screen rotates.

So i've tried to trunc the component size in order to set the size and tried to round it, but every time the bitmap gets smaller.

I also tried to cast the sizes of the image component to integer so it doesn't have to round the size for the bitmap. But this has no effect.

*Is there a solution for this problem?*
0
Remi

Is the bitmap a child in the component? Just set align=client and use margins.
0
Chris
7/31/2015 7:32:50 PM
Is the bitmap a child in the component? Just set align=client and use margins.

otherwise use a timer onresize. set it 2 or 3 seconds. in the timer, execute your resize code.

Edited by: Chris Dunn on Jul 31, 2015 12:36 PM
0
Chris
7/31/2015 7:39:38 PM
> {quote:title=Chris Dunn wrote:}{quote}
> Is the bitmap a child in the component? Just set align=client and use margins.
>
> otherwise use a timer onresize. set it 2 or 3 seconds. in the timer, execute your resize code.
>
> Edited by: Chris Dunn on Jul 31, 2015 12:36 PM

Yes it's a child of an Image component. But the bitmap doesn't have the Align property, only the image component has an align property and it's already set on Client.
0
Remi
8/3/2015 7:25:15 AM
Need more info.
I can Start new multi device project -> drop timage -> Load bitmap -> onformresize set height and width of Timage in IOS and Android.
The bitmap resizes its-self. Do you have other properties set?
0
Chris
8/4/2015 3:28:44 PM
> {quote:title=Chris Dunn wrote:}{quote}
> Need more info.
> I can Start new multi device project -> drop timage -> Load bitmap -> onformresize set height and width of Timage in IOS and Android.
> The bitmap resizes its-self. Do you have other properties set?

Yes I add the bitmap runtime. I use the image compontent to draw on like a signature.
0
Remi

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. ...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Making Firemonkey more compatible with Delphi
I have programmed in Delphi since 1995 Delphi1 I am now evaluating Delphi XE4. It boggles my mind, why embarcadero has lost the most important aspects of Delphi. Simplicity and Fast User Interface creation. I can easily see how Firemonkey can be improved to bring it in line with traditional Delphi Techniques by doing the following. 1. All Firemonkey controls need a data aware counterpart. 2. Firemonkey Styles need to be converted to TControl descendants. 3. ie. TLayout goes to TPanel ( TFMXPanel ) 4. ie. TRectangle does to TFrame TFMXFrame ) 5. LiveBindings gets placed un...

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

ANN: Delphi XE2 FireMonkey BOOK
September 5, 2012 Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is available: "FireMonkey Development for iOS and OS X with Delphi XE2" by Graeme Chandler. It is available printed (comb binding) or in PDF and MOBI (Kindle compatible) formats. Only from: http://shop.coogara.com Regards Graeme Chandler Coogara Consulting http://www.coogara.com.au http://shop.coogara.com http://www.strikingwood.com.au Graeme Chandler wrote: > Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is > available: > > "FireMonkey Dev...

Delphi FireMonkey project / testComplete and MSAA
Hi I am actualy working on a new team project developped using FireMonkey. We want to create automated tests with TestComplete which is already used to run tests on some VCL projects. Unfortunatly, we discovered that TestComplete is not directly compatible with FireMonkey application, it only sees the windows but not the controls on it. Making some research we, found that TestComplete is able to identify controls thanks to MSAA. So we created a really short project (only one form with some controls) using the FireMonkey Accessibility Pack in order to look at TestComplete's behavio...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

Delphi, Firemonkey, IOS, and TCP howto?
I was really excited about the new ability to compile IOS apps written in Delphi, but I'm starting to find some major limitations, unless I'm really overlooking something. I want to write an iphone/pad app that needs to retrieve data from a socket connection, or from a webpage (http, webservice, anything). It seems that all of the Firemonkey internet and indy components are not supported within xcode. Am I overlooking something here, or is this a feature that will not be implemented, or is it planned to be implemented? If this kind of communication is not supported, this is a hu...

Delphi XE5 Firemonkey iOS7 Style (where is it?)
It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style. Am I missing something obvious? > {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote} > It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" > > Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is...

Best Place to get help on converting Delphi 2007 string to Delphi 2009
Where is the best place to get help on converting Delphi 2007 strings to Delphi 2009? The most common problem getting Delphi 7-Delphi 2007 components to compile seems to be caused by the new Unicode strings in Delphi 2009. It would be great if there was some place to go to get help with this. Maybe there should be a new group for String conversion where developers could ask short questions about conversion. For example: Delphi 7 - Delphi 2007 CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; CharArray = array[0..MaxInt-1] of Char; Compiles Delphi 2009 CharArrayPtr = ^CharArray; CharArray ...

How to fix get IP-MAC pairs code below from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 ?
How to get All IP - MAC address pairs on local PC by Delphi 2009 ? The Code below can get correct answer on Delphi 7, but get error answer on Delphi 2009. How to fix ? or Are there the better method ? // Delphi 7 (Delphi 2009 failed) // // Get Alll IP-MAC address pairs on local PC // unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; function GetIPMAC: String; const ANY_SIZE = 1; MAX_ADAPTER_ADDRESS_LENGTH = 8; // arb. MAX_INTERFACE_NAME_LEN = 256; { mrapi.h } MAXL...

Web resources about - TBitmap gets smaller on rotation in delphi xe8 firemonkey multi device proj - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore