Serial Port Controlling in Firemonkey?

Hi,

What kind of path should I follow to make my application requires
serial port communication compatiable with windows and Mac OS
enviorement?

Thanks.
0
Mehmet

Serial Port and Firemonkey
I would like to use Delphi XE2 Starter Firemonkey to make a 3D visualize the signals from an Inertial Measurment Unit (IMU). The IMU sends measures through a serial port. To read from that serial port, I tried to use the TApdComPort component, in the APRO librairy from TurboPower Asynchronous. The TApdComport works fine with VCL, but when I switch to Firemonkey the code does'nt compile : "unit controls.dcu" not found. Seems that the APRO library is not compatible with FireMonkey. Have anyone any idea on how to use a serial port with FireMonkey ? > {quote:title=r...

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

Virtual Controls in FireMonkey
What are the fireMonkey controls that support UI virtualisation > {quote:title=vikosh maha wrote:}{quote} > What are the fireMonkey controls that support UI virtualisation As of XE2 the TGrid is the only one I know of (certainly TListBox and TTreeView don't). I haven't investigated XE3 far enough yet to give an answer. ...

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Motherboard without serial port and modem is serial port
hi all . i have modem with moder 'usrobatic 5668' (http://www.usr.com/support/5668/995668b-ug/main.htm)and it work well in linux with my old motherboard . this week i buy new motherboard Gigabyte EP43-tUD3l and this mother board havent and serial port for i connet my modet to it . so i buy a Wipro pci serial card (2/4/8 port) and the company say: > plug and play atumatic distbute IRQ and I/O adress and seitch no jump > using software to setup 32 bus designm support pci 2.1 criterion adapt > high speed i/o controller (16c550c or UART) one pc can connect several > ...

Change a control matrix in firemonkey
Hi every I have a TRectangle and a TMatrix3x2F i managed to copy the Matrix values from the rectangle.AbsoluteMatrix to TMatrix3x2F like this: {code} void TForm1::GrabRectMatrix() { Matrix3x2F FTransform; FTransform._11 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m11; FTransform._12 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m12; FTransform._21 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m21; FTransform._22 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m22; FTransform._31 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m31; FTransform._32 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m32; } //--------------------------------------------------------------------------- {code} ...

Convert XAML to Firemonkey controls?
Anybody spent time or thoughts on converting XAML objects to firemonkey controls? ...

When will the IDE be ported to Firemonkey?
I'm curious as to when this port will happen if at all. The IDE needs a make-over. Any thoughts? Peter wrote: > I'm curious as to when this port will happen if at all. IMHO, when pigs fly, hell freezes over, or FireMonkey becomes stable, whichever occurs first :) FireMonkey has so many problems still, I would hate to see the IDE ported anytime soon. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Peter Von??a wrote: > I'm curious as to when this port will happen if at all. Being windows the unique supported platform for the IDE, IMHO time is better spent doing other things ...

Native OS Controls for Firemonkey
I've just launched a Kickstarter project to build a Native OS control framework and component set for Firemonkey. NakeyMonkey is first a set of base components and interfaces that simplify wrapping native OS controls in a cross-platform way allowing them to be write-once, cross-compile. By providing a base component to descend native wrappers from and a base platform object for implementing the OS specific implementation, NakeyMonkey allows components like a RichEdit to be available to your Firemonkey apps without having to rewrite the entire implementation of parsing rich text tags a...

FireMonkey controls and the Hint property
Where are the HINT (and related ShowHint) properties in FM Controls? I am not able to find them. Or is there some other way how to show hint when mouse is over the control? TIA > {quote:title=Miroslav Ondrisek wrote:}{quote} > Where are the HINT (and related ShowHint) properties in FM Controls? I am not able to find them. Or is there some other way how to show hint when mouse is over the control? > > TIA Nobody knows? ...

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

Drag Firemonkey controls at runtime
I would like to be able to drag controls around at runtime. e.g., a rectangle or panel using teh mouse - move it from one location to another With VCL I would use something like this http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa102505a.htm if (Sender is TWinControl) then begin inReposition:=True; SetCapture(TWinControl(Sender).Handle); GetCursorPos(oldPos); end; However, I am completely stuck on how to do similar in firemonkey - I know it is a long shot being so new and all but anyone out there point me the right direction? OK, I have a kind of a work-around u...

Web resources about - Serial Port Controlling in Firemonkey? - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Talk:Controlling for a variable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of the WikiProject Statistics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of statistics on Wikipedia. If ...

Controlling What You Share on Timeline - Facebook
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Controlling What You Share on Timeline geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

Balloon Snake - Pop Balloons by Controlling a Bird with the Accelerometer or by Touching on the App Store ...
Get Balloon Snake - Pop Balloons by Controlling a Bird with the Accelerometer or by Touching on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and ...

Controlling a Computer with Eyes - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Some folks know I work with assistive technology, and this shot is one from many I took in the last few days at a conference in Phoenix. This ...

Controlling Doepfer modular synth with a Wiimote - YouTube
This video is about controlling a modular synth with Nintendo's wiimote gamepad, using Doepfer A-100, Doepfer MCV24, Wiimote and computer. Softwares ...

Controlling the minds of cockroaches using Microsoft's Xbox Kinect
Late last year, you were introduced to real, live, remote-controlled cockroaches. Well, the insect hackers at the North Carolina State University ...

CONTROLLING CHAOS: Twitter's Wild Ride From Doodle To IPO
CONTROLLING CHAOS: Twitter's Wild Ride From Doodle To IPO Business Insider Australia “We apologise if the following profile lacks our usual ...

View from the Street: Power to the people controlling the power!
Your news of the day, reduced to a snarky rant.

Dying to be clean: The new technique for controlling feral cats
Cleanliness may be next to godliness unless you're a feral cat, in which case, cleanliness may get you a place next to god. In kitty heaven, ...

Fears Of Telstra controlling NBN - Nextgen - AAPT - Optus - HarbourIT - Budde
The NBN was supposed to create a level playing field, but there are fears that Telstra could still exert bottleneck control over access to customers, ...