Provisioning for an iOS Device (Ad Hoc) - XE8

I'm trying to setup Ad Hoc provisioning for my app as is described here:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE6/en/Completing_the_Provisioning_Page#iOS_Device_Platform_.28Ad_hoc.29

It seems that whatever I set there (Build Type, Mobile Provision, Developer Certificate) doesn't save when I close the Options window. When I go back, it's all reverted to the what was there originally (i.e., iOS Device - 32 bit - Debug / <auto> / <auto> ).

Is this something peculiar to XE8 or am I doing something wrong?
0
Sean

iOS Simulator SDK selection & Ad Hoc Device deployment selection
How can I select which SDK version the iOS simulator will use from XE4. I can select the iOS simulator version on the MAC simulator app, but this is overridden by XE4. When I right click on the iOS simulator target platform in the XE project manager and select properties, there is an SDK drop down but it is grayed out. E.g. for iOS device I can select iOS5.1 SDK or 6.1 SDK, but no selection option for the simulator? Also, if I have two iOS devices connected to the MAC, how do I specify in XE5 or on XCode which device XE5 must deploy to? > {quote:title=Henri Burger wrote:}{quote} ...

Delphi XE4 - Firemonkey
I have an application that runs fine on windows, however when running on iOS simulator the onKeyUp event for a TEdit control is not being fired? Please advise if this event should get fired when running on iOS? This problem occurs onKeyUp events created directly on the control and by assigning the event programatically. Running XE4 update 1 iPhoneOS6.1.sdk Minimac: OS X 10.9 XCode 5 iOS Simulator Version 7.0 - iPad Retina / iOS 7.0.3(11B508) ...

After installing Delphi XE6 enterpise: Error adding a device device Manager
Adding Android Devices, the following works in Delphi XE5 I click on Add and entered Device name and selected Android Platform. click on enable orientation selected device background picture.png file entered the following values: left = 10 top = 90 screen size: width = 348 height = 610 status bar: size = 78 Position = bottom Then click Ok I get the following error: Access Violation at address 076BEFAD in module 'DeviceManager200.bpl read of address 00000000. ...

Delphi, Firemonkey, IOS, and TCP howto?
I was really excited about the new ability to compile IOS apps written in Delphi, but I'm starting to find some major limitations, unless I'm really overlooking something. I want to write an iphone/pad app that needs to retrieve data from a socket connection, or from a webpage (http, webservice, anything). It seems that all of the Firemonkey internet and indy components are not supported within xcode. Am I overlooking something here, or is this a feature that will not be implemented, or is it planned to be implemented? If this kind of communication is not supported, this is a hu...

Adding provisioning profiles on an iOS7 device with XCode5
I have an iOS 7 device that I want to ad-hoc deploy my app using XCode5. How can I put the provisioning profile on the device? The way I have used for other devices and that is listed in the Embarcadero documentation doesn't seem to be applicable for XCode5. In the help I have looked up for XCode5, it seems to suggest that you use the XCode project manager to add the provisioning profiles, and they get bundled up with the project. However XE5 doesn't use the project manager as far as I am aware, and I am at a loss as to how to get the provisioning profile on the device. Richard...

iOS: Troubles Installing Provisioning profile on my device
Hello group, here's my current setup. Using XE 7/update 1, XCode 6.1.1, iOS 8.1.1 Error: "Unable to install Package (e80008015)" I'm trying to run a very simple hello world program in the iOS simulator and on my iPad. Neither will work. I've created my development certificate (developer.apple.com) and I can also see it in the KeyAChain Access program on my MacBook. I've created my provisioning profiles also and have them saved on my MacBook. The provisioning profile is a development profile and I've selected my iPad and iPhone during the provision profi...

Delphi iOS 7 firemonkey xe5 VideoZoomFactor unimplemented
Hi, I want to use the new IOS 7 AVCaptureDevice feature VideoZoomFactor in Delphi XE5 but the feature hasn't been implemented. Is there a good way to use features that haven't yet been added to base objects in delphi? Are those header files, like IOSapi.AVFoundation.pas machine generated? I modified the files FX.Media.IOS, iOSap.AVFoundation and FMX.Media to add the missing feature i wanted and recompiled. That worked for this feature, but I would like to find a better way. is there a timetable to releasing the iOS 7 features in firemonkey? I was kind of surprised to find i...

Implementing a sip client on delphi xe4 firemonkey for iOS
:-) I need to develop a voice and video SIPclient for iOS using XE4 Firemonkey. What the best way to do this? It´s SIP supported by Firemonkey? Are there any APIs? Regards Gustavo wrote: > I need to develop a voice and video SIPclient for iOS using > XE4 Firemonkey. What the best way to do this? Good luck. SIP is not a trivial protocol to implement manually. You are best off finding a pre-made SIP library to do the work for you. > It´s SIP supported by Firemonkey? I seriously doubt it. > Are there any APIs? SIP is an application-layer proto...

XE7 iOS Ad hoc Deployment File Size
Hi, I have set the build configuration to Release, and the device configuration to Ad hoc. The distribution certificate is set to iPhone Distribution and the mobile provision profile is set to /Users/Ken/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/444df1c0-a7b0-4a32-ae64-1572d294e5be.mobileprovision which I have confirmed is the correct one. I have done a build before deploying the project. Everything builds, links and deploys seemingly fine except that the ipa file generated in the Release folder is 43mb which is only 3mb less than the debug version. When I do the same for Android the...

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

Version 5.5 of LGX Ad Hoc Released (.NET and XML based Ad Hoc Report Builder)
LogiXML is announcing the newest version of our web-based Ad Hoc Report Builder, LGX Ad Hoc. A number of new features have been added from the feedback from our user community. Key new features include: Charting – End-users can now easily add a variety of charts to their reports with a couple of clicks. Easier-to-use Report Wizard – As end-users create and modify reports they can now easily skip to any step of the process. Easy Set Up Process – LGX Ad Hoc can not be set-up and configured automatically with an improved set-up and install program. Administr...

XE 7 IOS 8.3 Ad-hoc Deployment
I have been trying to deploy (ad-hoc) a simple XE7 app - Ian Grove's DrawerForm sample app - to my IPad running IOS 8.3. All that happens is when I install it from my iTunes it says installing but never finishes, on the IPad itself I get an icon for the app but there is no Firemonkey image on it, and when I try to run it, the name just changes to "installing". I'm fairly sure I have got my provisioning configured correctly, I have spent a couple of days trying variations on that, and very carefully work ing through the Embarcadero IOS Mobile Application Development tutoria...

Firemonkey 2 component did not appear on IOS device after launching [Edit]
My application is only to test no code, a form with background color with button, label and image. While launching on ios simulator everything work. Launching on an ios device it launch without problem but we see only the colorful form and image an can't see any other component I have put (button, label...). While launching I got no error it launch on the device but I have some warnings which I paste at the end. --[Warning Warning] Local file "iOSDevice\Debug\Project1.rsm" not found. Skipping deployment. Success Thanks for responding Regards Edited by: re...

Steps to deploy FM ios app via ad hoc
XE6 I've been able to deploy my app to an ipad by connecting it to my mac and running through XE6. I've read a bit about how to deploy to up to 100 devices using Apple's ad hoc method, but I was hoping to get a step by step guide. Questions I have: 1) Do I need to recompile my app AFTER I get the list of devices? 2) If I get the device ID and register it with Apple, can I then just email the .ipa file to the user and he/she can install from the email? Thanks for any guidance. Keith > {quote:title=Keith Marbach wrote:}{quote} > 1) Do I need to recompile my app ...

Web resources about - Provisioning for an iOS Device (Ad Hoc) - XE8 - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Provisioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In telecommunication , provisioning is the process of preparing and equipping a network to allow it to provide (new) services to its users. In ...

Razor : DevOps + Bare-metal Provisioning - Nick Weaver of VMware - YouTube
"Razor : DevOps + Bare-metal Provisioning" Nick Weaver, Automation Architect at VMware at PuppetConf 2012. Join the Razor mailing list + ask ...

Inabox signs DGIT Telflow to upgrade its provisioning system
Australian ICT provider, Inabox Group, has announced plans to upgrade its provisioning platform to service delivery platform, DGIT Telflow, in ...

Citrix XenDesktop v.7.1 Provisioning Services (PVS) Deep Dive
Computerworld Australia is the leading source of technology news, analysis and tools for IT decision makers, managers and professionals. ...

Gemalto Demonstrates Remote Provisioning of Consumer Devices Based on GSMA Architecture
... world leader in digital security, presents a demonstration that brings to life for the first time a common architecture for the remote provisioning ...

Zero Touch Provisioning can help the network world catch up to server advances
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor ...

Improper ‘provisioning and planning’ blamed for Apple’s botched live stream, not CDN capacity
... in the future. Filed under: AAPL Company Continue reading more about AAPL Company at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Improper ‘provisioning ...

Metal as a Service: Canonical announces Ubuntu server provisioning tool
... company behind the Ubuntu Linux distribution, has announced a new tool called Metal as a Service (MAAS) that is designed to simplify the provisioning ...

Identity, Authentication, and Provisioning Them Online
Christina jotted down some thoughts on indentity on a flight to SF and I read them this morning. In her post, she references Ev's excellent post ...

Overland Storage Revolutionises Unified Storage with SnapServer DX, Provisioning-free Storage for Distributed ...
Overland Storage today unveiled SnapServer DX, a new unified NAS and iSCSI SAN device that leverages the company&rsquo;s new standards-based ...