Problems with CheckBox in FireMonkey mobile app

I tried to use a CheckBox in a Firemonkey Mobile App. But when running the App I can't click on the CheckBox, e.g. it doesn't change it's IsSelected value. Also if I try to handle the OnClick event I never receive this event. On the same form I also use a TTMSFMXRating component. Most of the time it doesn't react when clicking on it. On an other form that TTMSFMXRating works without problems. What do I do wrong ? I can't see any difference between these two forms (on both of them I also have some FireDAC
DB access). I also tried to generate a new FireMonkey Mobile App with just a CheckBox. But also there I can't change it's IsChecked value by clicking on it and don't receive any onClick events. I would be happy for every hint.
0
Andre

> {quote:title=Andre Wiget wrote:}{quote}
> I tried to use a CheckBox in a Firemonkey Mobile App. But when running the App I can't click on the CheckBox, e.g. it doesn't change it's IsSelected value. Also if I try to handle the OnClick event I never receive this event. On the same form I also use a TTMSFMXRating component. Most of the time it doesn't react when clicking on it. On an other form that TTMSFMXRating works without problems. What do I do wrong ? I can't see any difference between these two forms (on both of them I also have some FireDA
C DB access). I also tried to generate a new FireMonkey Mobile App with just a CheckBox. But also there I can't change it's IsChecked value by clicking on it and don't receive any onClick events. I would be happy for every hint.

Don't use check boxes on mobile. Use a TSwitch instead.

--
FireMonkey users guide http://bit.ly/10abRZX
MonkeyStyler FireMonkey style designer http://bit.ly/PzxKyI

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

First FireMonkey app -- little problems
Hi, I've started a very simple, 32-bit application as an FM learning tool and I've run into some things that seem a little odd. I'm using Delphi XE2 Pro. The work station is a new Lenovo W510 (8GB memory) running Win7/64 Enterprise. I'm using LiveBindings to connect to a simple (4 tables) MS Access 2010 database using a TADOConnection and TADODataSets. I have several TEdits for the top-level table and 3 TStringGrids for the child tables with master/detail relationships established and working. I've noticed a few oddities: 1) Is there a way to specify...

Firemonkey iOS app problem with resource files
I just started a new Firemonkey iOS app, and dropped a couple of TEdits and buttons on the main form along with a TMemo. When I try to build I get two error messages, for the dcc command line for the DPR: File not found: 'FMX_Filter.res' File not found: 'FMX_Platform_Win.res' Any ideas how to resolve those? I just wanted to compile the basic skeleton before moving on to add code to it. Thanks for your help! -- Cheers, Van "Half of what I say is meaningless..." - John Lennon "Your job is to figure out which half." - Van Swofford Ah, n...

Rendering problem on webbrowser in android app firemonkey
Hi. I have tryed the TWebBrowser demos http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Mobile_Tutorial:_Using_the_Web_Browser_Component_(iOS_and_Android) If i try to open for example the url http://www.webnews.it/2014/04/10/windows-phone-8-1-scaricare-lupdate-in-anticipo/?ref=post into native Android Web Browser Program, i see all page into screen (is not present horizontal scroll bar) This page seems to be responsive Instead, the same url in FireMonkey is not seen correctly: The page is great, appears the horizontal bar. If TWebBrowser uses the native browser, why t...

FireMonkey mobile app ListView displays only 200
My FireMonkey mobile app has access to a SQLite database. Within my database, I have a table for which I would like to display the value of a specific field within a list view component. In order to do do (via the LiveBindings Wizard), I have created a TBindSourceDB as well as a TFDTable components. The app runs. However, the list view only displays 200 records out of 1000. I did find references to the use of a 'AutoBufferCount' property that needs to be set to 'true' in order to have all the records displayed. Unfortunately, these references were related to a string grid vi...

Firemonkey - XE 5 - Mac OS X Firemonkey HD App
My Firemonkey applications have no icon when they run in the dock. What is odd is that when I navigate in the finder to the app bundle to /Users/my_user_id/RADPAServer/scratch-dir I see the icon there, and if I open the app bundle, it contains the .icns file, which seems valid. But the Finder itself, in my iMac running OS X 10.8.5 seems to refuse to show the icon in the dock. Running the app bundle normally (not via RADPASERVER) also results in a broken icon. Note that if I make an icon myself, using the OS X app Icon Composer, and put it in there, it seems valid, but (a) the defau...

Create Firemonkey Mobile Apps missing after XE7 Upgrade
Hi folks, I just upgraded from XE6 to XE7 Prrofessional Installed XE7 ok Installed XE7 Mobile Add-on Pack ok Both products registered ok with Embarcadero Now when I start XE7 there are no Firemonkey options showing when I select File->New-> Help->Licence Manager shows both items Any ideas why I can't create Firemonkey Mobile Apps from this install ? select multi device form > {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote} > select multi device form Thanks Brian I had the same where did everything go moment when I first used XE7 :) ...

An OS X GUI Delphi app without FireMonkey
Yes, I did it! I already thought it should be possible, but expected I'd have to do a lot of translating of headers, etc. Not so. The Macapi.* units for OS X provided almost everything that was needed to write an AppKit (Open Source equivalent of Cocoa) app, using "native" components. This is a naked (console!) app without a .nib or .xib file. It creates a window with a few OS-X-native buttons, labels, edit boxes and combo boxes on it, and reacts to certain events, like a button click, a combobox selecton change, a timer firing, etc. No FireMonkey required. It is ...

Using FireMonkey TLang component for mobile app localization?
Following advice from Stephen Ball I had a look at TLang for application localization. The help file tells me to put it on a form and then doubleclick it whereupon it will open a "Language Designer" which will find and list the strings in the form... There should be a list of the strings from my components in the left hand side: "The original strings are placed in the first column and you can insert the translations in the second column." But in my case the whole dialog is filled with texts like: Source 3.4" WQVGA Android Phone (240dpx432dp: ldpi) 5.4&quo...

Problem Linking C code in a Firemonkey iOS app
I am porting an App using XE2 (update 4) to iOS. It is a backgammon program (www.extremegammon.com) that relies on a neural network. The NN code is in C (I never got the time to convert it to pascal). I got the interface working well and very responsive (once i realized that using image effect such as shadow was something to absolutely avoid) and i am now adding the engine (about 60000 lines of Pascal and 4000 lines of C). i manage to compile it and it works well in the simulator (i386 architecture). the C code compiles for armv6 and armv7 (in a separate project). i copied the *.o files gen...

Firemonkey Problems
I am new to Firemonkey. I have created the beginning of a program in FireMonkey that includes: SQLConnection SQLQuery DatasetProvider ClientDataSet BindingsList BindSourceDB GridBindSourceDB created by the LiveBinding Wizard The Grid is populated with selected fields from a SQLite3 database. I have three problems. I can’t find a way to center the test in a TLabel and place it at a vertical position that I select. I Can’t find a way to change the font, font size, font color or font horizontal position in the Heading or Body in a GridBindSourceDB. The Edit functions are grayed out...

Web resources about - Problems with CheckBox in FireMonkey mobile app - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore