obb files android

Hi all,

I am developing an app for Android, in which i'm playing a number of .mp4 files.  Due to the limitations of the apk size, i can't get all my mp4 files in the project.  So according to our friend Google, the solution would be using obb expansion files. However, I don't really see how I can include these in the delphi project, neither how to get the contents of the file to be played in the app ....
Anyone who ever did a similar thing?

Thanks!

Kris
1
Kris

Looks like it is covered pretty extensively here:

http://developer.android.com/google/play/expansion-files.html

I don't think there is anything implemented in Delphi to help you with that but there is nothing stopping you either. The Android Manifest is available to customize. You can include your own JARs by dragging them to the Android Library folder in the project manager.

There are BroadcastReceiver tutorials available via Google.
0
Eli

Firemonkey Android Ftp File Send Problem
hi guys, (sorry about my english) we develop an application on xe5 firemonkey android platform. our app connect ftp server succesfuly and start to send a file (a picture which size about 70 kb) but it newer ends. while the app running we never reach the file from ftp directory. if we close the app then we can open file from ftp. we try in debug mode or run app from phone manually problem is same. but we run same code in firemonkey desktop app in windows; it works. can anybody help us to find what is the problem? here is our code; {code} procedure TPrgDosyaGonder.execute(); begin...

is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks.
is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. Have a look in your Android output directory -- Linden "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source" > {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > > > Have a look in ...

Linking a .a file in firemonkey - Delphi XE5 SP1
I am trying to link .a files from my FireMonkey application in XE5 for an iOS application, but I am running into issues. I have 3 different .a files that I have tried using, all of which give me the same error when I try to link them: *Bad Object file format: 'd:\project...\libzbar.a'* I have tried this with 2 commonly used .a files, one for barcode reading (zbar) and a magtek card stripe reader library. I also have another test library made in xcode with 2 methods. They all produce the same error on compile. During an embarcadero seminar, we were told that any .a file could b...

Delphi XE5 Android Compiler
Does it support the linking of C object files when selecting Android as the target platform? I get an error [DCC Error] uEMUIntf.pas(28): E1030 Invalid compiler directive: '$L' when trying to compile a simple sample application that compiles with no problems for Win32, Mac OSX and iOS. If not, that is a bit of problem for an app that I wanted to port to Android! Regards Mike I should add that "uEMUIntf.pas" is my own source code file that links in the external C object files. Mike "Mike Brindley" <barpless@yahoo.com> wrote in mess...

Android C demo program to Firemonkey Delphi (Will Pay)
I have a C demo program for the Android platform that I need to convert to Firemonkey and Delphi XE5. This demo logic is written in pure C, and reads one of 5 canned barcodes. Page39a contains those barcodes. The goal is to scan those codes and react accordingly. This conversion will serve as a learning process for me. I am willing to pay for this conversion if need be. Thanking you all in advance and I look forward to any recommendations. Andy http://www.odesk.com/ has developers for hire. Thanks Eli. I will check it out. Andy On Thu, 29 May 2014 06:18:43 -0700, Eli...

Delphi Android Dev for Google Glass
Greetings! I am trying to avoid doing dev work in Eclipse for Google Glass, and wondered if there is a way to create or modify files that typically would appear in /res under Eclipse? Specifically, I want to have a /res/values/strings.xml, and something in /res/xml. The rationale is here (launching an app via voice): https://developers.google.com/glass/develop/gdk/input/voice#launching_glassware Any thoughts? Thanks! S. just so it may help someone later along the line until Radstudio has a way (that I can find) to do this, here is a quick hack: decompile the completed apk...

Delphi XE 7 UPDATE 1 FireMonkey, Drag & Drop Files... how?
I have an app and want to add drag and drop files support, i try this code for example: {code} procedure TForm1.Grid1DragDrop(Sender: TObject; const Data: TDragObject; const Point: TPointF); begin caption := data.Files[0]; end; procedure TForm1.Grid1DragOver(Sender: TObject; const Data: TDragObject; const Point: TPointF; var Operation: TDragOperation); begin operation := TDragOperation.Link; end; {code} and work correctly in a new proyect, but if i implement this in an exisiting proyect this no work :( what happen? how make this work? thanks and sorry for my en...

Delphi XE 7 UPDATE 1 FireMonkey, Drag & Drop Files... how?
I have an app and want to add drag and drop files support, i try this code for example: {code} procedure TForm1.Grid1DragDrop(Sender: TObject; const Data: TDragObject; const Point: TPointF); begin caption := data.Files[0]; end; procedure TForm1.Grid1DragOver(Sender: TObject; const Data: TDragObject; const Point: TPointF; var Operation: TDragOperation); begin operation := TDragOperation.Link; end; {code} and work correctly in a new proyect, but if i implement this in an exisiting proyect this no work :( what happen? how make this work? thanks and sorry for my en...

Delphi XE7Pro Android/iOS app
I am trialing XE7 to find out if it supports our needs. In my potential app, the user will be grading various things for self-monitoring. I want to export/import to/from DropBox, so the user can take data with them across Android and iPhone as the user changes. It is not important (although nice) the data is in sync across all devices. What matter more than anything is: Will I with Delphi XE7 Pro be able to download/upload e.g. XML file using DropBox API? Two potential soluttions I can imagine: 1) The user has DropBox installed on the phone which is something I can require witho...

Delphi XE7Pro Android/iOS app
I am trialing XE7 to find out if it supports our needs. In my potential app, the user will be grading various things for self-monitoring. I want to export/import to/from DropBox, so the user can take data with them across Android and iPhone as the user changes. It is not important (although nice) the data is in sync across all devices. What matter more than anything is: Will I with Delphi XE7 Pro be able to download/upload e.g. XML file using DropBox API? Two potential soluttions I can imagine: 1) The user has DropBox installed on the phone which is something I can require witho...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

converting delphi interface files to c++ header files?
Good day all If you would all be so kind and bear with me: i'm rather new in this and i've never worked with Delphi. I have a project in c++ that uses a bunch of dll-s written in delphi. Those dll.s came with a bunch of .INT files, who are aparently pascal(delphi) interface files. Now. Is there a way to convert them to something remotely looking like c++ header files? Thank you very much Best regards > {quote:title=Luka Sostar wrote:}{quote} > Good day all > > If you would all be so kind and bear with me: i'm rather new in this and i've never work...

Delphi 2010: how to convert .idl files to .TLB files?
Delphi 2010 ships many IDL files under the folder Embarcadero\RAD Studio\7.0\include\idl I searched the online help, but found no clue how to convert .IDL into the .TLB format, so that I can import the type library. I tried gentlb.exe, but it didn't work. Matt Hall Hi Matt, > I searched the online help, but found no clue how to convert .IDL into the .TLB format, so that I can import the type library. Since Delphi 2009, the Type Library doesn't work with TLB files anymore, but instead with .ridl files (Reduced IDL files). You can also find some imported typ...

Web resources about - obb files android - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Android Apps - Appolicious ™ App Directory
... Love in association with Trending: games action games keyboards photography e-books Join Sign In with Yahoo! Already a member? Log in Android ...

Android phone name generator
Just click on the logo. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Android Studio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Android Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for the Android platform. It was announced on 16 May 2013 at the Google I/O conference ...

Gartner: Android and iOS dominate smartphone market with 98 percent marketshare
Android and iOS-powered devices have long dominated the smartphone market, and it's still clear that the two mobile operating systems show no ...

Android adware can install itself even when users explicitly reject it
(credit: Lookout) Two weeks ago, Ars reported on newly discovered Android adware that is virtually impossible to uninstall . Now, researchers ...

Google streams apps to Android handsets
BBC News Google streams apps to Android handsets BBC News An experimental cloud-based virtualisation technology Google has developed underpins ...

Skype for Android 6.11 adds improved sharing and tracking tools
Microsoft has released Skype for Android 6.11 , with a focus on helping users share and keep track of what Skype says are "moments that matter". ...

This $45 Android tablet makes a great gift, and you don’t need to wait for Black Friday to get it
... who loves pink (think your mother, wife, girlfriend, sister, niece or daughter) then this is the tablet for you. The iRULU X1S 7" Google Android ...

How I use Android: Gmail app product manager Matthew Izatt
If there's one app practically every Android user knows, it's Gmail. Gmail for Android has been the platform's de facto email client from the ...

iFixIt: This Android phone beats the iPhone when it comes to repairability
Apple’s computers and devices may be at the top of the review charts, but one way in which they almost never do very well is in iFixit’s repairability ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 4:19:38 PM