My version of the TListView - hope you like it!

To me, the TListView just didn't seem to fit my needs and didn't provide the flexibiliy I needed.  What's more, the more Text/Graphic/Objects added to the TListView rows affected scrolling performance due to each object having to be redrawn.

Because of this, I decided to write, what I believe, is the way TListView should have been implemented.  My version is a fully cached list view where each row is cached as a graphic so there is no performance hit for number of rows or objects per row.

A few features...
- Fully cached which delivers a much more native performance feel
- Easily add text and graphics using standard TCanvas style methods
- Support for Indicator colour icons per row
- Add embedded switches for any/all rows and respond to switch events.
- Add embedded SegmentButtons for any/all rows and respond to click events.
- Property to set as a Single-check list (i.e. radio list selection)
- Property to set as a multi-selection list
- Set accessories on a per item basis.
- Lots more events including event to respond to a long-tab action

Here's some screen shots of the list view demo running on an iPhone 5C.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24455058/ksComponents.pdf

Full source and demo available on GitHub...
https://github.com/gmurt/KernowSoftwareFMX

Components also include my TksSlideMenu (also included in the demo) which is a cached menu component which is simple to implement as it inherits from a non-visual TComponent.

Would be good to hear what you think of these components, especially the ksListView, quite proud of this one ;-)

Kind regards,
Graham
0
Graham

> {quote:title=Graham Murt wrote:}{quote}
> To me, the TListView just didn't seem to fit my needs and didn't provide the flexibiliy I needed.  What's more, the more Text/Graphic/Objects added to the TListView rows affected scrolling performance due to each object having to be redrawn.
>
> Because of this, I decided to write, what I believe, is the way TListView should have been implemented.  My version is a fully cached list view where each row is cached as a graphic so there is no performance hit for number of rows or objects per row.
>
> A few features...
> - Fully cached which delivers a much more native performance feel
> - Easily add text and graphics using standard TCanvas style methods
> - Support for Indicator colour icons per row
> - Add embedded switches for any/all rows and respond to switch events.
> - Add embedded SegmentButtons for any/all rows and respond to click events.
> - Property to set as a Single-check list (i.e. radio list selection)
> - Property to set as a multi-selection list
> - Set accessories on a per item basis.
> - Lots more events including event to respond to a long-tab action
>
> Here's some screen shots of the list view demo running on an iPhone 5C.
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24455058/ksComponents.pdf
>
> Full source and demo available on GitHub...
> https://github.com/gmurt/KernowSoftwareFMX
>
> Components also include my TksSlideMenu (also included in the demo) which is a cached menu component which is simple to implement as it inherits from a non-visual TComponent.
>
> Would be good to hear what you think of these components, especially the ksListView, quite proud of this one ;-)
>
> Kind regards,
> Graham

I've set up a twitter account where I will be posting information about the components and (hopefully) getting some feedback.
https://twitter.com/kscomponents
0
Graham
7/31/2015 12:11:42 PM
Looks good from what is shown in the pdf :)
0
Brian

Download Latest version of Delphi XE5 Firemonkey 3
Hello I have a number of bugs in my Android application that seem to be firemonkey issues not my application. I am simply trying to find the latest version for XE5. I have a licenced Enterprise edition at Update 2 level. All I can find are free trial of XE6, The EDN website seems very slow often clicking on front page items with no response. Where can I check I have the latest version of my installed software please? Delphi + Firemonkey Registered user download area is what you want. Steps: 1. http://members.embarcadero.com 2. Login using the same crededtials you used to regist...

Language like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7
Hi I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP or REST) and send data to server via HTTPS. I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed. Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7. Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use if i like to achieve my task? Pero perov wrote: > I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed. That is not true. > Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what > have the lan...

Is there a TRichEdit98 version suitable for the latest delphi versions?
Hello all, I am using TRichEdit98 in an old component I am trying to port to DelphiXE so I was wondering if anyone knows if there exist a TRichEdit98 for Delphi 2010? Regards On 21-Sep-10 22:41, John Ioannides wrote: > Hello all, > > I am using TRichEdit98 in an old component I am trying to port to DelphiXE so I was wondering if anyone knows if there exist a TRichEdit98 for Delphi 2010? Have you looked at TJvRichEdit in the JVCL? Not sure how much work converting from TRichEdit98 to TJvRichEdit will be, but it's probably worth the trouble as TJvRichEdit is compa...

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

I Like It... I Like it!!!
Hi, gang, What can I say but "Wowwwwwwww! I like it." Today, I discovered and downloaded a new program, SeaMonkey (new for me, anyway). It is awesome. It is almost everything I want in a browser. It has the power of Firefox and the completeness of the old Netscape Navigator. I love it. I am glad that I was able to add certain plugins that I grew to like in Firefox, such as AdBlock (it, too, is awesome) and the same bookmarklets I had with Firefox, too, such as "Remember Password, which overcomes the arrogance of sites such as mail.yahoo.com that think we are too ...

i like this version
Name: tariq Email: basak_ukathotmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 Summary: i like this version Comments: i have windows media player but i was try to many times could not used any way hope this one better Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061204 GranParadiso/3.0a1 ...

Delphi Versions
Don't laugh, but I am not a company and years ago I purchased Delphi 5 professional out of my own pocket, along with Crystal reports developer, Infopower and Orpheus components, help & manual help writer, etc... I am currently writing a program that I would like to market - not complex, single user, non server based. I'm taking a shot on my own without a company to hold my hand. I just want to know if there are any major concerns with continuing with this version of Delphi for the time being? Money is an issue in that I just don't have enough to upgrade all th...

I like, i like.
Name: Derek Shell Email: guitarzan327_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: I like, i like. Comments: I love the new design. The way that the browser is so sleek, it looks absolutely fabulous. I also really like the spell check feature, that's a big help for someone like me, who doesn't spell very well. Haven't got to try anymore of the features, but I'm sure their great also. Keep up the good work, love it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

Delphi versions
Is Delphi 2007 the last version of Delphi that defaults the String type to AnsiString? Is it still available from Embarcadero? I have a whole lot of projects that use the String type and I have been compiling them in Delphi 7. Pier "Pier Nardin" <piern@ramm.co.za> wrote in message news:590487@forums.embarcadero.com... > Is Delphi 2007 the last version of Delphi that defaults the String type to > AnsiString? Is it still available from Embarcadero? I have a whole lot of > projects that use the String type and I have been compiling them in Delphi > ...

HELP! Trying to Complie old Delphi program on any version of Delphi
Hey everyone I'm new to the programming world and unfortunately I have come across a big problem that I will hope I can get some help with. I have a program that was apparently created using delphi 3 and then finished using delphi 4 with some additional parts added later. I have found copies of amost every version of delphi ever made and installed them on my pc and attempted to compile this program in question. Unfortuantely I have yet to get it to compile without a few thousand error messages and I am st uck between a rock and a hard place. I know very little of Delphi programming, let a...

I Like it
Name: Carole Kester Email: pioneertowndollsatearthlinkdotnet Product: eBay Companion Summary: I Like it - I like it Comments: So far I can't find anything bad about this program; however, I am just getting back into selling; however, my husband is a collector really likes this reference information that you can view what's coming up. Thanks for bringing a little more efficiency into our lives. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16 From URL: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/add-ons/ebay/feedback...

Like this version
Name: Subhadeep A. Mitra Email: leodotsubhadeepatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Like this version Comments: As told by you, this version of Firefox simply rocks, only it won't make more change in speed in slow connections,e.g.USB modems,data cards etc. Looking forward a stable release of this version. All the best....!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1) Gecko/20090616 Firefox/3.5 GTB5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to pr...

i don't like the changes from version 2 to version 3
Name: Steve Email: Qasaratshawdotca Product: Firefox Summary: i don't like the changes from version 2 to version 3 Comments: why was the downloads manager window changed?? its MUCH better on version 2 the auto complete feature when you type in web page adresses was also ALOT better in version 2, at least in version 2, the main page of the site was ALWAYS at the top of the list, as well as the way the dropdown list looked for the visted websites was alot neater as well ... please change these to back to the way version 2 had them.. or at the least allow for these opi...

Best practice when code should still compile with elder versions of Delphi but also Delphi 2009
When tryung to compile Turbopower Orpheus and other Turbopower products which I still use in my applications and therefor need to convert to Delphi 2009, I get lots of warnings even though others has made it possible to get Orpheus compiled. The problem is checking a char in a set which gives a type cast warning and suggests using a new function instead. [DCC Warning] ovcdbnum.pas(401): W1050 WideChar reduced to byte char in set expressions. Consider using 'CharInSet' function in 'SysUtils' unit. So what would be the best practice here eg. correcting this ro...

Web resources about - My version of the TListView - hope you like it! - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Blogs
FireMonkey’s underlying visual control architecture has been significantly overhauled in XE8 to enable multiple presentation implementations ...

Use AnsiString And UTF8String In Delphi XE5 Firemonkey On Android And IOS
Embarcadero disabled access to byte stings in Delphi XE5 Firemonkey and if you're a long time Delphi developer you may be missing them. They ...

Turbo Vision port to the GNU compiler and more - History
Turbo Vision port to the GNU compiler and more

Blogs
Get Latest Updates On Embarcadero Products And News Information. Embarcadero Community Blog Also Discuss About The Code Samples And Snippets. ...

Contact - Delphi XE5 XE6 XE7 XE8 Firemonkey, Delphi Android, Delphi IOS