Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS

Hi,

How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS?
I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl'
which both point to the same file with the same registration
'TFireMonkeyControl'.

If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly,
then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS
(FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the
FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file:

{$I FMCOMPILE.INC}

uses

{$IFDEF COMPILEIOS}
   FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effects
{$ELSE}
   FMX.Types, FMX.Objects, FMX.Forms, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.Effects
{$ENDIF}

the IDE gives me a message that the package needs to be recompiled.
I thought it might be due to the same DCU files,
(FMX.FireMonkeyControl.dcu), yet installing them from separate folders
gives the same error.

- Must I copy the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file and rename it to
FMX_FireMonkeyControl for iOS? even if the source file compiles for both
FMX and FMI? Or is it the component name TFireMonkeyControl that needs
to be different for FMX and FMI. If you compare it with TButton, the
component name remains the same for both FMX and FMI and is  installed
for both platforms.
0
Pieter

Nevermind,

Issue is solved:
We have to create 2 packages with different file names.
A good approach is renaming fmx.FireMonkeyControl.pas to
fmx_FireMonkeyControl.pas.

"Pieter Scheldeman"  wrote in message news:423664@forums.embarcadero.com...

[...]

11/29/2011 3:58:36 PM
Also, installing binary versions (DCU only) for FMX to work with Win32,
Win64 and OSX32 need seperate folders with
Dcu files generated for each platform. If the Pas files are delivered then
separate folders are not necessary.

For FMI, DCU's can be generated in the main folder, as building applications
with Xcode does not work if the Pas file is not delivered.

Regards,
Pieter