I could not change the Height of TEdit in IOS with Delphi XE7 UP1

I built a simple demo with Delphi XE7 UP1 in IOS. After I run my app in my ipad, I can not change the Height of the TEdit, which I put in a form. The TEdit seems has a fixed height, and could not be changed. so what should I do so that I can change the height of my TEdit? thx!
0
Ji

http://codeverge.com/embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey/how-to-change-the-height-in-a-t/1060266
--
Linden
"Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"
> {quote:title=Ji Xinlong wrote:}{quote}
> I built a simple demo with Delphi XE7 UP1 in IOS. After I run my app in my ipad, I can not change the Height of the TEdit, which I put in a form. The TEdit seems has a fixed height, and could not be changed. so what should I do so that I can change the height of my TEdit? thx!

Possibly because mobile has certain default guidelines for control heights like that?
certainly makes it easier to read what you have typed if its allowed to be bigger
maybe TMS have a comonent that can be used instead?
0
Brian

Delphi XE4 - Firemonkey
I have an application that runs fine on windows, however when running on iOS simulator the onKeyUp event for a TEdit control is not being fired? Please advise if this event should get fired when running on iOS? This problem occurs onKeyUp events created directly on the control and by assigning the event programatically. Running XE4 update 1 iPhoneOS6.1.sdk Minimac: OS X 10.9 XCode 5 iOS Simulator Version 7.0 - iPad Retina / iOS 7.0.3(11B508) ...

Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010
I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010. I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options. After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon. However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon. I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything. I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it. Help! RG Robert Gutierrez wrote: > I have a...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi XE7, iOS and InputQuery
I would like to use an 'InputQuery' component to request a Username and Password from the user. I am able to achieve my goal with my Android app but not with my iPad one. 'InputQuery' only requests one of the two values. Am I doing something wrong or is 'InputQuery' not working properly on iOS? ...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Has anything changed in the Slice Function from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE?
I have a piece of code which contains the following, it compiles fine under Delphi 2010, but gives me an E2193 error when I try to compile it with Delphi XE Has anything changed in the Slice Function from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE? {code} var i : Integer ; R : Double ; dArray : Array[0..24] of Double ; begin .... R := Math.Mean( System.Slice( dArray , i ) ); .... end; {code} Thanks On 30/09/2010 6:07 PM, Wayne Davis wrote: > I have a piece of code which contains the following, it compiles fine under Delphi 2010, > but gives me an E2193 error...

Delphi XE7 and iOS Mobile pack
I recently bought D-XE7 Professional and the Mobile pack. I installed as per instructions (I think). I was never asked to register the Mobile pack, even though I was sent a registration code. I can open XE7 fine, but I am not able to do anything with mobile apps. I suspect I somehow need to enter my mobile pack registration numbers, but I can't figure out where. Anyone know? - - Dave When you run the install enter the mobile pack serial number instead of the Pro version serial number. Select Modify, Repair, Uninstall from Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 group in the start menu. Selec...

Delphi, Firemonkey, IOS, and TCP howto?
I was really excited about the new ability to compile IOS apps written in Delphi, but I'm starting to find some major limitations, unless I'm really overlooking something. I want to write an iphone/pad app that needs to retrieve data from a socket connection, or from a webpage (http, webservice, anything). It seems that all of the Firemonkey internet and indy components are not supported within xcode. Am I overlooking something here, or is this a feature that will not be implemented, or is it planned to be implemented? If this kind of communication is not supported, this is a hu...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
Could someone check this document for me, since I cannot get my Delphi to talk properly anymore with my Mac and compile for my Test, adhoc and App Store. Had to reinstall my laptop, and forgot those settings, and I am at a loss. I added some screens in it, so you know what I all did. Could someone take a look at it, and tell me what's wrong / missing etc? Thank you ...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8d526.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8d526.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/msword; name="Create Profile for Delphi.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Create Profile for Delphi.doc" 0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFAAAAbwIAAAAAAAAA EAAAcQIAAAEAAAD+////AAAAAGoCAABrAgAAbAIAAG...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
Could someone check this document for me, since I cannot get my Delphi to talk properly anymore with my Mac and compile for my Test, adhoc and App Store. Had to reinstall my laptop, and forgot those settings, and I am at a loss. I added some screens in it, so you know what I all did. Could someone take a look at it, and tell me what's wrong / missing etc? Thank you ...

Delphi iOS 7 firemonkey xe5 VideoZoomFactor unimplemented
Hi, I want to use the new IOS 7 AVCaptureDevice feature VideoZoomFactor in Delphi XE5 but the feature hasn't been implemented. Is there a good way to use features that haven't yet been added to base objects in delphi? Are those header files, like IOSapi.AVFoundation.pas machine generated? I modified the files FX.Media.IOS, iOSap.AVFoundation and FMX.Media to add the missing feature i wanted and recompiled. That worked for this feature, but I would like to find a better way. is there a timetable to releasing the iOS 7 features in firemonkey? I was kind of surprised to find i...

Implementing a sip client on delphi xe4 firemonkey for iOS
:-) I need to develop a voice and video SIPclient for iOS using XE4 Firemonkey. What the best way to do this? It´s SIP supported by Firemonkey? Are there any APIs? Regards Gustavo wrote: > I need to develop a voice and video SIPclient for iOS using > XE4 Firemonkey. What the best way to do this? Good luck. SIP is not a trivial protocol to implement manually. You are best off finding a pre-made SIP library to do the work for you. > It´s SIP supported by Firemonkey? I seriously doubt it. > Are there any APIs? SIP is an application-layer proto...

Web resources about - I could not change the Height of TEdit in IOS with Delphi XE7 UP1 - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Change Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Change Congress is an American organization that aims to end perceived corruption in the United States Congress by reducing what it considers ...

Gold Coast Commonwealth Games tender call unlikely to change
Minister says US company doesn't need to worry about audit.

Apple is making a big change to its iAd advertising sales platform
... HBO welcomes you to ‘Sesame Street’ beginning Jan. 16 , and SoundCloud CEO says subscriptions are coming in 2016 . Apple is making a big change ...

43 Reasons SEOs Can’t Fear Change: 2016 Digital Marketing Predictions
43 Reasons SEOs Can’t Fear Change: 2016 Digital Marketing Predictions was originally published on BruceClay.com, home of expert search engine ...

Here's a 3-minute animation that will completely change the way you see the universe
Carl Sagan told us that there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on all of the Earth's beaches. At the same time, there ...

Climate change called world's biggest economic risk
For first time since World Economic Forum in Davos began ranking global risks, the environment tops the list

Growing trend to change retail business
Whether retailers like it or not, shoppers are raising the stakes of the game: they want to shop online and pick up in store.

Open thread for night owls: Obama gives climate change more attention than ever heard in a SOTU
President Obama spent eight paragraphs on climate change Tuesday night in his State of the Union address. No surprise that this didn’t bring ...

Showtime Boss On Half-Hour Comedy Strategy, Series Release Pattern Change
UPDATED: House Of Lies was one of the first two pilots David Nevins picked up after joining Showtime, along with Homeland . He went on to order ...

Five Ways Startup Funding Will Change In 2016
There are a number of untenable conditions in startup financing that will lead to market corrections, but I do not see a "bubble burst" coming ...