How to sync Android to Delphi XE5 application

Hello people,
I have a doubt, I have developed a FireMonkey Android application where I need sync my app data to a Delphi XE5 application. Basicly I created a .txt file and I sent to my computer using a FTP connection, but this doesn't works fine.

I found two problems with this method,

1) It works really bad with 3G connection, less than 50% of attemps works correctly to sync data of my Android to a PC
2) Confirmations about sync (sent data, received data) are no reliable

So, I would like to know if there another way to sync data without using .txt files and FTP connection, and if there a method to do it more efficiently.

Thank you!
0
Matheus

android service application on Delphi XE5 [Edit]
Is it possible to develop "android service application(backround)" on delphi xe5 ? if possible, how to ? Thanks. Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:40 AM Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:45 AM ...

Delphi XE5 - Android
Hello. I have a mobile phone that have this hardware: Processor ARMv7 rev 9 (v71) 849Mhz 445MB ram. Using Android OS v 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) I created a FireMonkey Mobile project, then, i put some edits and labels into my form and just run it. (I already have did the configs to SDK/NDK) My application compile ok, deploy ok, install ok, run ok. But when i see it running on the mobile device, i only see blank screen, i can click on the edits but it is all invisible, it works and show me the keyboard but i can't see anything , its all blank. I need help with this,...

Delphi Android XE5: Applications only white screen displayed
For testing I made a very simple application for android: A button and label It works successfully on smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Mini 3, Samsung Note and Huawei Ascend P1. But on my mobile: Huawei Ascend P6 and my wife's cell phone: Huawei Honor 2, mobile displays only completely blank screen! Both smartphones have the same *quad-core processor* with *Huawei K3V2* which ADB command shows: Processor: *ARMv7* Processor rev 0 (v7l) processor: 0 BogoMIPS: 2789.00 processor: 1 BogoMIPS: 2789.00 processor: 2 BogoMIPS: 2789.00 processor: 3 BogoMIPS: 2789.00 Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee *neon* vfpv3 CPU implementer: 0x41 CPU architecture: 7 CPU variant: 0x3 CPU part: 0xc09 CPU revision: 0 Hardware: huawei Revised: 0000 Serial: 0000000000000000 Also in the mobile apps I tested with different type of cpu info and all confirm that if you have ARMv7 and NEON. Then for any application I do with delphi xe5 in the phone only displays a blank screen? What I can do? I appreciate the guidance you can give me. Best Regards. are you using the default permissions? (maybe try changing those...i.e have or have not set to use SD card write permissions) also is this a brand new hello world app? > {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote} > are you using the default permissions? > > (maybe try changing those...i.e have or have not set to use SD card write permissions) > > also is ...

TWebBrowser crashes the application on Android (Delphi XE5 update2)

Delphi XE5 can not build Android application. Speed is very very low???
My computer: SONYVAIO, RAM 4 GB , CPU Intel core 2 duo 2 GHz, OS Windows Vista home (sp2) My test application have only 1 button, 1 edit, 1 chat with any value (no connetion database). I build/run it into simulator very low. It spend about 9 minutes. How can i get higher speed? Tuan Nguyen wrote: > My computer: SONYVAIO, RAM 4 GB , CPU Intel core 2 duo 2 GHz, OS Windows Vista home (sp2) > > My test application have only 1 button, 1 edit, 1 chat with any value (no connetion database). I build/run it into simulator very low. It spend about 9 minutes. > > How can i g...

Delphi XE5 Update 2
I should have 8 options. I see just the first 2: Blank Application and 3d Application. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/FireMonkey_Mobile_Application_Templates How can I get the others to appear? Kyle Miller wrote: > I should have 8 options. I see just the first 2: Blank Application and 3d Application. > http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/FireMonkey_Mobile_Application_Templates > > How can I get the others to appear? > I've seen this happen for C++, but not for Delphi. If you launch with the -r option I expect they'll be there. -...

[SOLVED] Delphi XE5
Hello, I have a very simple program that works perfectly. But if I add a TIdTcpClient component on my form, with no change in the properties or event, just add it, then application crash when exiting with the hardware return button. What is wrong ? thank you Franck {code} unit FormTestModbusXE; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.TabControl, FMX.StdCtrls, FMX.Edit, FMX.Layouts, FMX.ListBox, IdBaseComponent, IdComponent, IdTCPConnection, IdTCPClient; type TForm1 = class(TForm) TabControl1: TTabControl; TabItem1: TTabItem; TabItem2: TTabItem; TabItem3: TTabItem; TabItem4: TTabItem; ListBox1: TListBox; LabelIP: TLabel; Edit1: TEdit; LabelPort: TLabel; Edit2: TEdit; BtnConnect: TButton; IdTCPClient1: TIdTCPClient; procedure BtnConnectClick(Sender: TObject); private { Déclarations privées } IdTcpClient : TIdTcpClient; public { Déclarations publiques } end; var Form1: TForm1; implementation {$R *.fmx} uses FMXCommon; //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ procedure TForm1.BtnConnectClick(Sender: TObject); begin ListBox1.items.add('Connecting'); end; end. {code} franck wrote: > But if I ...

Delphi XE5(U2) Firemonkey application crashes at startup on OSX on new mac [Edit]
Hello, I'm trying to deploy my first application on a mac platform. I have successfully built the application on my dev mac and run it through PAServer and now I would like to deploy it on a different MacOS. I tried to drag and drop the application .app file into the application folder of the new Mac. The app shows up but as soon as I start it, I got a message telling me that it stopped unexpectedly. I'm really lost here: With windows, I'd have no problem finding out what is wrong but, with a Mac, I haven't got a clue what I did wrong. The application doesn't do an...

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Does Delphi XE5 on Android work with the Android emulator? [Edit]
I find that even a hello-world app exactly like the one that David I outlines (add a button, one line of code, set button text) will not run on the Android Emulator configured out of the box. First, after installing the Rad Studio XE5 trial, I followed David I's steps exactly, and the emulator would not even start. Then I clicked Android SDK manager, updated it, and clicked run-without-debugging. It asked me if I wanted to start the emulator this time so I did. Now the Firemonkey app will not start up the emulator, and while it does appear to start debugging, the emulator scree...

Android application and Delphi
Hi, I'm looking for an example to build an Android application with Delphi XE2 Professional. Is it possible ? Are they some tutorials ? Regards Marc Marc foix wrote: > Is it possible ? Not a native application, no. Not yet, anyway. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com If you want something Delphi-Like you can use RemObjects Oxygene for JAVA. It already has a Visual Studio Shell based integration with the Android SDK. It is working and you can code in a Delphi dialect. ...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Delphi XE5 background application
Hello everyone. I am developing an application in Delphi XE5 which will run on iOS and ANDROID mobile. The application is simple, just take the latitude and longitude of the device and by a DataSnap connection i stored de information in a database. This is already working fine, but my problem is that when the APPLICATION is placed in the background. Nothing else works, when I open the application again I have no more connection with the DataSnap server. It seems that the application was paused in the Moment that was plac ed in the background. Some of you have any tips of what I need to do...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) Is it possible to somehow debug DLLs in XE5 compiled with an older Delphi version or is the debug info not compatible? Kind Regards, Jack. Jack wrote: > However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the > following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: > $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) > > Is it possible to somehow debug DLLs in XE5 compiled with an older > Delphi version or is the debug info not compatible? Since you are not recompiling the DLL in XE5, did you copy over D7's TDS file for the DLL when you copied over the DLL itself? The TDS file contains debug information. Although, I do not know if XE5 can use D7's debug info or not. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Dear Remy, Thank you for your reply. I am not able to locate any "TDS" files when I build my dll in Delphi 7. I get a .map...

Attempting to compile Delphi 5 code in Delphi XE5 is failing
Greetings All, If I'm not in the correct formum please tell me which one I should be in. Just upgraded to Delphi XE5 and am attempting to compile one of my Delphi 5 projects. I used Interbase Express I use either TDataSource -> TCDSProvider -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery or TDataSource -> TClientDataSet -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery Also used TIBDatabase, TIBTransaction, and TIBStoredProc I open the smallest project I have and click compile and almost immediately I receive this error Checking project dependencies... Compiling CITranEngine.dproj...

ActiveX differences between Delphi 7 and Delphi XE4 in an MFC application
When I create an ActiveX control based on a TPanel (with no added code) in Delphi 7, I am able to add this to a MFC C++ application and have it run fine. When I take the exact same code and compile it in Delphi XE4 (and XE2), MFC throws an assertion. I confirmed that the only changes are in the dcu, ocx and res files. The assertion is happening on ASSERT(wFlags == DISPATCH_METHOD); in occsite.cpp (I included the source to this). {code} STDMETHODIMP COleControlSite::XEventSink::Invoke( DISPID dispid, REFIID, LCID, unsigned short wFlags, DISPPARAMS* pDispParams, VARIANT* pvar...

Delphi XE5 Android Api Documentation
Hi all, i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation? thanks in advance Manuel Di Maio wrote: > Hi all, > i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation? > > thanks in advance For the most part it seems it is reading the source. That is how I figured out how to translate the tts API. Remy posted a useful link in that...

Delphi XE5 DataSnap application
Hi all I have developed a datasnap server in Delphi XE5. one client connect to Server. one client fire a method (lets say Server.ComputeTables ). the Server is doing some long computation in the method ComputeTables. 1,2,5 xx minutes. how to send feedback to the client? (a real feedback not ... "the server is doing something ... please wait"). like server passed step 1 server passed step 2 server passed step 3 etc ... tks alot On your server, use NotifyCallback to send a message to the client. Response:=TJSONValue.Create; TDSServer(fDSServer).Notif...

Web resources about - How to sync Android to Delphi XE5 application - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with "trash" applicants ...

NZ doctor Alan Kenny flooded with 'trash' applications for $370k job
The New Zealand GP who couldn't find a doctor to take up a $NZ400,000 ($370,000) position at his practice has been inundated with &quot;trash&quot; ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Western Digital Introduces Its First Helium-Filled HDDs for Consumer Applications
... two models with 10 TB capacity. This week Western Digital unveiled the world’s first family of helium-filled HDDs designed for consumer applications, ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

Oklahoma: Concealed Carry Permit Applications Surge Following Obama’s Gun Control
... State Bureau of Investigation numbers suggest gun control talk and Pres. Obama's gun controls contributed to surging concealed carry applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 27% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 4.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Review: 5 application security testing tools compared
Users weigh in on favorite features, room for improvement. Application security is arguably the biggest cyber threat , responsible for 90 percent ...

Mortgage applications fall 4.8%
Low mortgage rates are no longer a novelty, hence no longer a sudden incentive for mortgage borrowers.