How to create component/property editors for FMX components?

Hi All,
I've created (I hope :) ) a FireMonkey component.  Now I want to create component editors and property editors.  I know how to do it for VCL (include DesignIntf, DesignEditors, descend from TComponentEditor and TPropertyEditor and register them).  How do you create component editors and property editors in FireMonkey though?
Thanks,
Tom
0
Thomas

> I've created (I hope :) ) a FireMonkey component.  Now I want to create
> component editors and property editors.  I know how to do it for VCL
> (include DesignIntf, DesignEditors, descend from TComponentEditor and
> TPropertyEditor and register them).  How do you create component editors
> and property editors in FireMonkey though?  Thanks, Tom

It looks like you do exactly as you would with a custom VCL component, with
exactly the same classes (this is presumably why DesignEditors and friends
are not unit scoped). I've just tried out writing a custom component
editor, and it worked.
0
Chris

How to create a component via property editor?
hi all, I want to create a component whatever i want, via using a property editor which i created. how could i do this? for ex: in dataset fields proeprty editor it use CreateFieldControl procedure but there is no source code for this... how could i create a component using my proeprty editor? http://delphi.about.com/od/vclusing/a/customvcldev.htm would be a good place to start Edited by: Dominic Mahon on Feb 7, 2010 1:17 PM > {quote:title=Dominic Mahon wrote:}{quote} > http://delphi.about.com/od/vclusing/a/customvcldev.htm would be a good place to start > > Edited by...

Components in Components
I'm finishing up on a component that I've been creating at run-time but thought I'd go ahead and compile it and add it to my palette. The component contains a number of TPersistent components and a couple of TComponents. It's working well, and it compiles OK, but in the Object Inspector each of the TComponent properties has a drop-down control next to it, as if I was supposed to pick a component from a list. What is going on with this? Do I need to define the owner differently, or specify a parent-lik e object? I'd rather it just list the name of the class, like how i...

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

How to read Component Property (from the component itself)
I am using this code to read a Jaguar Component Property (from the Component itself) : private String getProperty(String _s) throws javax.ejb.EJBException, com.sybase.jaguar.util.JException { String propVal = null; try { powersoft.powerj.jaguar.InitialContext ctx = new powersoft.powerj.jaguar.InitialContext (); propVal = (String)ctx.lookup(_s); } catch (java.lang.Exception e) { com.sybase.jaguar.server.Jaguar.writeLog(true, getClass().toString() + e.toString()); } return (propVal); } ...

How to create a component within a component
Any idea where I can find some info on how to create a component within a component. What I mean is a like the TRibbon. You can create a TRibbonPage and TRibbonGroup at design time. You can even play and move the TRibbonGroup at design time. The component I have created is okay but I cannot move it. The only reading I have is Programming Delphi Custom Components published in 1996. Thanks in advance. Peter. "Peter Herijgers" <spam@unipro-tech.com> wrote in message news:303051@forums.embarcadero.com... > The component I have created is okay but I &g...

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

Custom property editor accessing other component properties
I have a component which has a custom property editor for one of its properties. The custom property editor is derived from TStringProperty and works as expected. I need to, however, modify the editor to show a number of user selectable items which depends on the value of another property in the same component. How do you design a property editor for a component that can reference other properties of the component besides the one that it is designed to edit? I am using BCB6. Regards FarmerJo John wrote: > I have a component which has a custom property editor for one of its &...

getting Component properties from CORBA Component
Hi, Does nyone know if there's a way to get user set properties for a component within a CORBA component? I've tried using Toolkit.getProperty(), System.getProperty/ies() and the security getProperty(), and none of these work. Otherwise, how can I set a property for a CORBA component, and pick it up from within my code? I want to have several components, that vary only according to a user set property. Thank you andrewo ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Here is an example: ContextKeyword lcx...

Component name creating new component
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_7afd9.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Concerning the additional "s" ScrollPanel becomes sScrollPanel --JivePart=_7afd9.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; name="payeasy.package.php" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="payeasy.package.php" PD9waHANCiAgcmVxdWlyZV9vbmNlKCJycGNsL3JwY2wuaW5jLnBocCIpOw0KDQogIHVzZV91bml0...

Creating a new component from existing components
Is it possible to create a new component from existing components. Example.. ProgressBar, TextBox and Label. If so, how is this done. Ray. Ray wrote: > Is it possible to create a new component from existing components. > Example.. > > ProgressBar, TextBox and Label. > > If so, how is this done. Look at the source code for the VCL's own TLabeledEdit component in ExtCtrls.pas. It is a composite component consisting of a TEdit and a TLabel. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) ...

Custom property editor that can access other properties of a component.
I have a component that has a custom property editor for one of its properties. The editor provides a drop-down list of items that the user can select, this works as expected. I would like to modify the editor so that the list of items in the drop-down list depends also on the value of another property in the same component. How do I design a custom property editor that can access a property of a component other than the property for which the editor is registered? Regards FarmerJo John wrote: > How do I design a custom property editor that can access a property > of a compo...

Editing PB Component Properties adds com.sybase.jaguar.component.iso_level property
Whenever we use Jaguar Manager (EAS 4.2.2) to set a component property on a PowerBuilder component the following property is appended automatically: com.sybase.jaguar.component.iso_level=serializable From what I read on a Sybase document the property creates problems. Anyone experiencing this? TIA A. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090406010200000407040509 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Aggelos Paraskevopoulos wrote: > Whenever we use Jaguar Manager (EAS 4.2.2) to set a component ...

to create bugs in a component of the product and not in several components
I have two groups that can create bugs in a product that has several components. It is possible to be caused that a group can create bugs in a component of the product and not in several components? sepulveda187, On 5 Apr 2005 10:26:43 -0700, sepulveda187@yahoo.com <sepulveda187@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have two groups that can create bugs in a product that has several > components. It is possible to be caused that a group can create bugs > in a component of the product and not in several components? No :( At least not without heavy code modification. Regar...

Composite component, using frame or create component?
I need to create a custom 'edit control'. It has a custom bitmapped background. It will have two labels, one for a caption, and one for the editable content (a number). When clicking on the editable content (the label), another form will popup to allow the user to enter the actual number from a number pad (its a touch screen application). It seems that I could create this using a frame? Or can one create a custom vcl component to do this? Any suggestions on what what makes sense design wise? tk Hello, totte karlsson wrote: > Any suggestions on what what...

Web resources about - How to create component/property editors for FMX components? - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

It’s a new year, and time for the claimed iPhone 7 component photos to begin
Taiwanese site Apple Club has posted what it claims are leaked photos of iPhone 7 components. The photos appear to show the backlight of a new ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

John Ridley Extends ABC Studios Deal For Three More Years; Film Component Added
John Ridley and his production arm, International Famous Players Radio Picture Corporation, have extended their first-look deal with ABC Studios ...

Passive component maker Chilisin reports 20% increase in October revenues
Chilisin Electronics, which manufactures inductors and power chokes, has announced consolidated revenues for October 2015 increased 20.3% from ...

5 Must-Have Components Of A Modern Customer Experience
Companies coming out of the sharing economy are first to execute well on customer experience innovation.They simply move much faster than anyone ...