Free VCL to FireMonkey converter?

Hi

I just read this blog post: http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com.br/2012/07/free-mida-vcl-to-firemonkey-converter.html

It says that Embarcadero has licensed a special version of Mida, a converter for VCL to FireMonkey applications.

As far as I can remember when FireMonkey was released there was a guy that developed this convertion tool and posted some info in the forum and got trolled by many users over here because people were not trusting that that software was real. Is this Mida converter that Embarcadero licensed actually this tool that was developed by him? As far as I can tell he was an italian guy

Well, if this Mida converter licensed by Embarcadero is the application that was trolled in the past, I can only congratulate the developer for getting his job recognized!
0
Eric

> {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote:}{quote}
> Well, if this Mida converter licensed by Embarcadero is the application that was trolled in the past, I can only congratulate the developer for getting his job recognized!

Yes, it is the same guy. The full product page is at http://www.midaconverter.com/

It makes me glad I abandoned my converter project. His attempt is much better.
0
Mike
7/10/2012 10:09:31 PM
Available now in EMB Delphi downloads.

Regards
Godfrey
0
Godfrey
7/11/2012 11:19:03 AM
I almost bought Mida, but the more I think about it, the more solid I am in my convictions that small-format touch-screen based apps really do require a different kind of screen architecture than desktop apps that have evolved around the traditional "Windows approved" GUI designs.

So while this approach seems seductively attractive, I think it's also exactly what is NOT needed.

I've seen far too many examples of mindless "ports" that were originally intended simply as "proof of concept" exercises that ended up shipping as products that eventually failed, and Management concluded there just wasn't enough interest in the new version to warrant further development.  Then someone came out with a better design that cleaned up the market.
0
David
7/11/2012 6:40:13 PM
> I almost bought Mida, but the more I think about it, the more solid I am in my convictions that small-format touch-screen based apps really do require a different kind of screen architecture than desktop apps that have evolved around the traditional "Windows approved" GUI designs.

You have a good point, but I would consider using MIDA to convert to FireMonkey but only to port to OSX (Not iOS)
0
Eric

Free Mida converter download an VCL to FireMonkey Migration Workshop
We've just announced a new developer workshop for C++Builder, Delphi and RAD Studio developers on Migrating VCL Applications to FireMonkey. It will be a free, online 2-hour workshop offered at 3 times on July 25, 2012. When you register, you can also download a free copy of the Mida VCL to FireMonkey converter that can save you a lot of time by helping convert your apps. This is a special edition of the converter created for Embarcadero and works with Delphi XE2, C++Builder XE2 and RAD Studio XE2. You can register for the workshop and get the Mida download at http://embt.co/VCLtoFMwo...

Free Mida converter download an VCL to FireMonkey Migration Workshop
We've just announced a new developer workshop for Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio developers on Migrating VCL Applications to FireMonkey. It will be a free, online 2-hour workshop offered at 3 times on July 25, 2012. When you register, you can also download a free copy of the Mida VCL to FireMonkey converter that can save you a lot of time by helping convert your apps. This is a special edition of the converter created for Embarcadero and works with Delphi XE2, C++Builder XE2 and RAD Studio XE2. You can register for the workshop and get the Mida download at http://embt.co/VCLtoFMwo...

Vcl to Firemonkey converter
I have found a new program (MIDA) for convert automatically DFM and Pas in FMX and pas. it's GREAT !!! don't convert all, of course, but it is very useful. I converted a project VCL , 20 forms, and I have spent using a morning instead of a week:) i was any TMS Pack component in my project and it work in FM The next version will support more pascal update ( application.MessageBox / application.exename ... ). in the last version of MIDA V. 0.81 is add TPageControl,TTabSheet support and other component two picture from site : http://midafiremonkey.files.wordp...

New converter VCL to FireMonkey !!!! [Edit]
I have found a new program (MIDA) for convert automatically DFM and Pas in FMX and pas. it's GREAT !!! don't convert all, of course, but it is very useful. I converted a project VCL , 20 forms, and I have spent using a morning instead of a week:) i was any TMS Pack component in my project and it work in FM :) The next version will support more pascal update ( application.MessageBox / application.exename ... ). two picture from site : Win 32 VCL : http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9877/vcl.png FireMonkey : http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1294/firemonkey...

MIDA a new Vcl to Firemonkey converter
Hi I have found a new program (MIDA) for convert automatically DFM and Pas in FMX and pas. it's GREAT !!! don't convert all, of course, but it is very useful. I converted a project VCL , 20 forms, and I have spent using a morning instead of a week:) i was any TMS Pack component in my project and it work fine in FM ( converted in FM component ) from Mida blog : *Update MIDA V 0.82 – Chart and grid support* ...... in detail i have add support for : TChart , TStringGrid, THeader, TDBGrid, TDBAdvGrid , TcxGrid, Today don’t exist a real dbgrid component fo...

MIDA - Vcl To FireMonkey converter
I am here to present the immediate availability of the best converter from VCL to Firemonkey. More than 200 components converted to the nearest component firemonkey. I remember that the two technologies are very different, can not ‘exist a true total conversion. but you can get a new project with a few change can be compiled in Firemonkey. With the next versions will update the database conversion ( online ), for example when it is available for a real TRichEdit under FM, MIDA will convert automatically the old TRichEdit. The time to create MIDA was rather long and complex. ...

MIDA - Vcl To FireMonkey converter
This message is no longer available. > {quote:title=Mida FireMonkey wrote:}{quote} > I am here to present the immediate availability of the best converter from VCL to Firemonkey. > > > More than 200 components converted to the nearest component firemonkey. > > I remember that the two technologies are very different, can not ‘exist a true total conversion. but you can get a new project with a few change can be compiled in Firemonkey. > > With the next versions will update the database conversion ( online ), for example when it is available for a real TRi...

Mida Converter
Mida is a complete converter of Embarcadero Delphi and C++ Builder VCL applications to FireMonkey applications. It is able to fully convert over 200 components with more being added in each new release. It fully supports and updates the data modules updating the .pas, .cpp, and .dpr files in both Delphi and C++ Builder. VCL Framework and FireMonkey frameworks are very different and in some cases single click conversions are not possible. But in most cases you can generate a new FireMonkey application with only a few manual changes required. Mida is priced modestly costing less than 2 hou...

[...]

ANN: MIDA - Vcl To FireMonkey converter
I am here to present the immediate availability of the best converter from VCL to Firemonkey. More than 200 components converted to the nearest component firemonkey. I remember that the two technologies are very different, can not ‘exist a true total conversion. but you can get a new project with a few change can be compiled in Firemonkey. With the next versions will update the database conversion ( online ), for example when it is available for a real TRichEdit under FM, MIDA will convert automatically the old TRichEdit. The time to create MIDA was rather long and complex. ...

Mida 1.2 Vcl To FireMonkey converter
Further improved the quality of conversion. Improved support for DataModule. Created a video on YouTube to show the simplicity and the power. I activated an account with ShareIt, it will soon be online. I’m ‘adding support for C++ Builder XE2 … will be activated with the next update. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22MbO_HzU-E looks after the video : screenshot on Mac http://midafiremonkey.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/mida12_mac.png Site http://www.midaconverter.com Blog http://blog.midaconverter.com ------------------------------------- Mauro Botta On 2011-1...

Web resources about - Free VCL to FireMonkey converter? - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore