Firemonkey - XE 5 - Mac OS X Firemonkey HD App - No icon in the dock. [Edit]

My Firemonkey applications have no icon when they run in the dock.  What is odd is that when I navigate in the finder to the app bundle to /Users/my_user_id/RADPAServer/scratch-dir  I see the icon there, and if I open the app bundle, it contains
the .icns file, which seems valid. But the Finder itself, in my iMac running OS X 10.8.5 seems to refuse to show the icon in the dock.

Running the app bundle normally (not via RADPASERVER) also results in a broken icon.

Note that if I make an icon myself, using the OS X app Icon Composer, and put it in there, it seems valid, but

(a) the default icon never shows up in the app, and

(b) even when I change the default icon in the IDE, it doesn't change in the resulting app bundle.  I can load my own .icns icon but it doesn't get stored into the bundle.

Anyone else see completely broken Icon behaviour in OS X Firemonkey HD with XE5?

screenshot:  http://imgur.com/79pThTy

Warren

Edited by: Warren Postma on Oct 9, 2013 7:12 PM
0
Warren

you are correct

this was working OK in XE4

I had not really noticed the problem...

is there a QC for this?
0
Brian
10/10/2013 6:07:04 AM
actually to add to this

the application run from the folder created and deployed via paserver does not show the icon...

but having the exe file copied into the previous application bundle , works OK
0
Brian
10/10/2013 8:39:20 AM
> Anyone else see completely broken Icon behaviour in OS X Firemonkey HD with XE5?

Yes.
0
Chris
10/10/2013 8:57:33 AM
>Anyone else see completely broken Icon behaviour in OS X Firemonkey HD with XE5?

You mean with the default Delphi icns? Now that you mention it, yes.

Opening that default icns file on the Mac with Preview shows corrupted icons in it.

But if you make your own icns file, with Img2icns for instance, the icon file works ok for the Project icns.

Edit: as a workaround, the default delphi icns file is "delphi_PROJECTICNS.icns" in the  installation /bin/ folder. If you can fix it and replace it then the default icns will work.

Edited by: Douglas Rudd on Oct 11, 2013 1:29 PM
0
Douglas

An OS X GUI Delphi app without FireMonkey
Yes, I did it! I already thought it should be possible, but expected I'd have to do a lot of translating of headers, etc. Not so. The Macapi.* units for OS X provided almost everything that was needed to write an AppKit (Open Source equivalent of Cocoa) app, using "native" components. This is a naked (console!) app without a .nib or .xib file. It creates a window with a few OS-X-native buttons, labels, edit boxes and combo boxes on it, and reacts to certain events, like a button click, a combobox selecton change, a timer firing, etc. No FireMonkey required. It is ...

TFloatAnimation in a FireMonkey HD App [Edit]
Hi Guys, I'm using a TFloatAnimation attached to another parent graphical object, to provide simple animation of the Position.X property of said parent. It all works as expected, without any code and there are some nice properties that that allow Flash-like control over the animation, e.g. to provide an 'easing in' and/or 'easing out' effect. However, the animation is rather jittery - i.e. does not flow at a nice constant frame-rate. So I am wondering if there there exists any method that I can call to invoke, for example, Double-Buffered or VSync based drawi...

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]
Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2? > {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote} > Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS > > Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2 For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_...

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit]
Hello guys I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see. I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description > {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha w...

FireMonkey-iOS XE2 on Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) and Xcode 4.4.1 [Edit]
I recently got the trial version of Embarcadero® RAD Studio XE2 and is trying to figure out using Firemonkey to develop IOS applications. However I've run into a problem: I'm trying to compile onto a Macbook Pro running on Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) and Xcode 4.4.1. I've installed Free Pascal Compiler 2.6.0, but can't install FireMonkey-iOS-XE2, since the newest version of Xcode doesn't support iOS 4.2 or 4.3 (it does support iOS 4.0 and 4.1, however). I've read, that I could install an older version of Xcode to get the iOS 4.3, but the problem is, that the o...

ANN: TMS Pack for FireMonkey v1.5 with new TMS Grid for FireMonkey released
We're very proud to announce the availability of TMS Pack for FireMonkey v1.5 at http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsfmxpack.asp that includes our new TMS Grid for FireMonkey and also a new Outlook style navigation bar and advanced edit controls. Screenshot: http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/img/TMSFMXGridCollection_small.png TMS Grid for FireMonkey feature set: - Fully style-able, customizable and architected from the ground up for FireMonkey - Fully cross platform, support for Win32, Win64, Mac OSX, iOS - High performance: handles >500.000 rows, >10.000 columns witho...

How to get rid of default Firemonkey icon as application icon on iPhone? [Edit]
My iOS app successfully deploys to my iPhone in the "debug" mode and all is well except that it is somehow still using the standard default Firemonkey icon, when I clearly have specified my own icons in Project Settings. Would anyone know why my own icon wouldn't deploy? Oddly, the "startup screen" graphic DID deploy. As soon as I tap the Firemonkey icon, I do get my own graphic, but I can't have the Firemonkey icon be my app's icon. Thanks Edited by: Joseph Glosz on Jul 29, 2013 11:27 AM Joseph Glosz wrote: > Would anyone know why my own icon ...

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

Missing architecture armv7 trying to submit firemonkey app to app store... [Edit]
Hi All, I have tried dozens of configuration settings trying to get this to work, but still to no avail... When I am trying to submit to the app store, the application loader is reporting the following error *iPhone/iPod Touch: application executable is missing a required architecture. At least one of the following architecture(s) must be present: armv7.* My understanding is that fpc 2.4 can only generate armv6 code anyway. I have tried setting all build settings to only reference armv6, installed the previous version of XCode 3.2.6 and linked with the iOS SDK 4.3, ho...

Application icon doesn't 'take'
I am deploying my iOS app to my iPhone ("debug") mode and it works OK except that the application icon is still the Firemonkey default icon. I've set the icons in Project Options.. and it doesn't seem to matter if I use JPG or PNG, it STILL shows the FireMonkey icon!! I've set the icons in "All Configurations" and verified that it uses the same filenames for Debug and Release. The icon shows up just file in the Project Options window. But it doesn't make to the iPhone. I've tried rebooting the iPhone in case something was cached there. But no luck wi...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

Web resources about - Firemonkey - XE 5 - Mac OS X Firemonkey HD App - No icon in the dock. [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore