FireMonkey TEdit control / TabItem Transitions

I tried to set the "TextPrompt" property in a TEdit - does this work?

Also, does anyone know if there are any other ChangeTabAction transitions other than slide sideways such as flip or slide up - down?

Thanks - Davis,
0
Davis

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

FireMonkey and TEdit.OnChange
I am converting a vcl application to FireMonkey and I must stay it is tedious. In the VCL application I have a TEdit Box which I initialise (in the OnShow event) with {code} ed_EntryString.OnChange := EditBox_NotifiesListbox; ed_EntryString.OnEnter := EditBox_NotifiesListbox; {code} When typing in the edit box the EditBox_NotifiesListbox gets executed as expected. In the Firemonkey version I have (in a self constructed Show event (I also tried in the OnCreate event)) {code} ed_EntryString.OnChange := EditBox_NotifiesListbox; ed_EntryString.OnEnter := EditBox_NotifiesListb...

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Virtual Controls in FireMonkey
What are the fireMonkey controls that support UI virtualisation > {quote:title=vikosh maha wrote:}{quote} > What are the fireMonkey controls that support UI virtualisation As of XE2 the TGrid is the only one I know of (certainly TListBox and TTreeView don't). I haven't investigated XE3 far enough yet to give an answer. ...

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

Drag Firemonkey controls at runtime
I would like to be able to drag controls around at runtime. e.g., a rectangle or panel using teh mouse - move it from one location to another With VCL I would use something like this http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa102505a.htm if (Sender is TWinControl) then begin inReposition:=True; SetCapture(TWinControl(Sender).Handle); GetCursorPos(oldPos); end; However, I am completely stuck on how to do similar in firemonkey - I know it is a long shot being so new and all but anyone out there point me the right direction? OK, I have a kind of a work-around u...

setfocus not working on firemonkey tedit
Hello Why would a very simple form not set the focus on a tedit I am calling edit1.setfocus but for some reason I still need to toych the control at runtime What am idoing wrong? Clive Morgan wrote: > I am calling edit1.setfocus but for some reason I still need to toych > the control at runtime Depends on when you do it. You need to show your code. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds: http://delphi.radsoft.com.au/blog > {quote:title=Dave Nottage wrote:}{quote} > Clive Morgan wrote: > > > I am calling edit1.se...

Making Firemonkey more compatible with Delphi
I have programmed in Delphi since 1995 Delphi1 I am now evaluating Delphi XE4. It boggles my mind, why embarcadero has lost the most important aspects of Delphi. Simplicity and Fast User Interface creation. I can easily see how Firemonkey can be improved to bring it in line with traditional Delphi Techniques by doing the following. 1. All Firemonkey controls need a data aware counterpart. 2. Firemonkey Styles need to be converted to TControl descendants. 3. ie. TLayout goes to TPanel ( TFMXPanel ) 4. ie. TRectangle does to TFrame TFMXFrame ) 5. LiveBindings gets placed un...

Change a control matrix in firemonkey
Hi every I have a TRectangle and a TMatrix3x2F i managed to copy the Matrix values from the rectangle.AbsoluteMatrix to TMatrix3x2F like this: {code} void TForm1::GrabRectMatrix() { Matrix3x2F FTransform; FTransform._11 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m11; FTransform._12 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m12; FTransform._21 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m21; FTransform._22 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m22; FTransform._31 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m31; FTransform._32 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m32; } //--------------------------------------------------------------------------- {code} ...

Serial Port Controlling in Firemonkey?
Hi, What kind of path should I follow to make my application requires serial port communication compatiable with windows and Mac OS enviorement? Thanks. ...

Native OS Controls for Firemonkey
I've just launched a Kickstarter project to build a Native OS control framework and component set for Firemonkey. NakeyMonkey is first a set of base components and interfaces that simplify wrapping native OS controls in a cross-platform way allowing them to be write-once, cross-compile. By providing a base component to descend native wrappers from and a base platform object for implementing the OS specific implementation, NakeyMonkey allows components like a RichEdit to be available to your Firemonkey apps without having to rewrite the entire implementation of parsing rich text tags a...

Convert XAML to Firemonkey controls?
Anybody spent time or thoughts on converting XAML objects to firemonkey controls? ...

Web resources about - FireMonkey TEdit control / TabItem Transitions - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Sublimation (phase transition) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sublimation is the transition of a substance directly from the solid to the gas phase without passing through an intermediate liquid phase. Sublimation ...

Paul Roos looks outside box as transition takes place
Melbourne coach Paul Roos says he aims to spend more time with the club's medical and fitness departments in his final year as senior coach before ...

3 Things I Wish I Knew About Navigating A Career Transition
Jeena Cho shares some of the things she learned on my journey to a new career, and she hopes it's helpful to you.

Martha Stewart Employees Laid Off as Part of Editorial Transition
A "small fraction of employees" from Martha Stewart Living and Martha Stewart Weddings were laid off on Tuesday, stemming from the recently signed ...

Apple’s 2015 was a year of transition
... sold more iPhones than ever before, and delivered record-breaking profits in the process, Apple in 2015 was seemingly a company in transition, ...

Jimmy Butler Making Rocky but Necessary Transition to Chicago Bulls' Leader - Bleacher Report
CHICAGO — Give the Chicago Bulls ' season this: One of the questions from training camp has been answered beyond a shadow of a doubt. This is ...

December 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 250 Institutions, Q4 2015 Transition Matrix
... WI ($91 million); and State Bank of Nauvoo, Nauvoo, IL ($32 million). With it being the end of the fourth quarter, we bring an updated transition ...

Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) To Enable Energy Transition
... are looking to sustain year on year growth whilst balancing the need to [&hellip Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) To Enable Energy Transition ...

The 19 Biggest Kardashian Moments of 2015: From Kylie's Lips to Saint West to Caitlyn Jenner's Transition ...
The 19 Biggest Kardashian Moments of 2015: From Kylie's Lips to Saint West to Caitlyn Jenner's Transition

Mastering The Transition Of Becoming A Manager Of Your Former Coworkers
Becoming the boss of people who used to be your peers can be awkward. Here are seven ways to make the transition smoother. You and your coworkers ...