FireMonkey component visibility

Windows 64 bit and Delphi XE2 development environment.

In looking at the FireMonkey demos supplied by Embarcadero, the vast
majority of the components are not visible at design time.  If I compile the
demos the components are visible at run time.  If I then click at design
time on the location where a component is displayed at run time, the
component will be outlined and the grips in the corners of the component
will be present.  I can use these to move the component, but if the
component loses focus at design time, it will become invisible.  The
TAniIndicator and TPanel are the exceptions, i.e. they are visible at design
time.

The above problem also occurs if I try to create a FireMonkey application
from scratch.  I have no problems with the VCL components.

Suggestions?

TIA

John
0
John

> {quote:title=John Eastman wrote:}{quote}
> Windows 64 bit and Delphi XE2 development environment.
>
> In looking at the FireMonkey demos supplied by Embarcadero, the vast
> majority of the components are not visible at design time.  If I compile the
> demos the components are visible at run time.  If I then click at design
> time on the location where a component is displayed at run time, the
> component will be outlined and the grips in the corners of the component
> will be present.  I can use these to move the component, but if the
> component loses focus at design time, it will become invisible.  The
> TAniIndicator and TPanel are the exceptions, i.e. they are visible at design
> time.
>
> The above problem also occurs if I try to create a FireMonkey application
> from scratch.  I have no problems with the VCL components.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> TIA
>
> John

I have had the same error "ghost components".

Try:
Component -> Install packages... and disable TeeTree.
Restart and hope ;-)

Philip
0
Philip
8/27/2012 9:17:06 AM
Philip

Interestingly, that solved the problem.  I am using the most recent version
of TeeChart Pro, 2012.06.

Are you using the TeeChart components that come with XE2 or the pro version
of TeeChart?  I suspect that the problem is with both versions, but the
question needs to be asked.  Once this is determined, I think TeeChart
support needs to be notified.

TIA

John

John

"Philip Offergeld" wrote in message news:497779@forums.embarcadero.com...

> {quote:title=John Eastman wrote:}{quote}
> Windows 64 bit and Delphi XE2 development environment.
>
> In looking at the FireMonkey demos supplied by Embarcadero, the vast
> majority of the components are not visible at design time.  If I compile
> the
> demos the components are visible at run time.  If I then click at design
> time on the location where a component is displayed at run time, the
> component will be outlined and the grips in the corners of the component
> will be present.  I can use these to move the component, but if the
> component loses focus at design time, it will become invisible.  The
> TAniIndicator and TPanel are the exceptions, i.e. they are visible at
> design
> time.
>
> The above problem also occurs if I try to create a FireMonkey application
> from scratch.  I have no problems with the VCL components.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> TIA
>
> John

I have had the same error "ghost components".

Try:
Component -> Install packages... and disable TeeTree.
Restart and hope ;-)

Philip
0
John
8/27/2012 4:48:04 PM
> {quote:title=John Eastman wrote:}
Interestingly, that solved the problem. I am using the most recent version
of TeeChart Pro, 2012.06.

Are you using the TeeChart components that come with XE2 or the pro version
of TeeChart? I suspect that the problem is with both versions, but the
question needs to be asked. Once this is determined, I think TeeChart
support needs to be notified.
{quote}

I use the Pro-Version.
Steema is still informed: http://www.teechart.net/support//viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12833&start=15

Philip

Edited by: Philip Offergeld on Aug 28, 2012 4:16 PM
0
Philip

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

Firemonkey components
I am rather new to firemonkey and was wondering where to find information on the purposes of certain controls. I am using XE8 update 1, mostly with Android 4.x. Some of the controls look much like other controls so I don't know when to use a particular control v/s when to use another. Is there an article describing the controls and the nuances or advantages of one control of another similar control. I need to know the purpose of a tlayout control, what does it give you when below the form compared to a tpanel. What is the purpose of a toolbar. How does a tstatus work. It seems to...

Delphi XE 5 / XE 6 Firemonkey custom component display problem
Hi everybody, I've a problem and I would like to know if you have encountered the same type of problem, and better, if you have solved it. Let's go for the explanation! With Firemonkey if you chose to create a new component derived from TListBox class with the wizard and you build and install it on a custom palet there is no problem. I mean that you can drag your own new component on a form and all is OK! But if you are doing the same thing with the TCustomListBox class as ancestor you can create your component without problem but when you drag this new one on a form you have ...

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.2! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.2! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.2! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.2! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.0! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.0! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.0! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.0! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

FireMonkey component Hint
Hi Everyone, I am currently converting a D7 VCL project to XE2 FireMonkey (for use on Windows and Mac) I would like to display some kind of "hint" to my users when they mouse over a button or any other screen component. Does anyone know of a Delphi XE2 FireMonkey component (like balloon help or anything else) that I can add to my screen components to give this kind if functionality? Many thanks in advance, Michael +1. There seems to be a fair amount of stuff missing in Firemonkey. Certainly not a timesaver early on in development. ...

Web resources about - FireMonkey component visibility - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore