Firemonkey component funnies [Edit]

Hi All, I've been using Delphi from V3 to V8, and now see it will produce iPad apps. I've downloaded a trial of EX2 and have an odd issue:

I'm a bit rusty, so may bear with me!

Platform set to win32 (to debug), TIdHTTP dropped on the form.

Code completion offers .get for IdHTTP1, but  I get 'IdHTTP1 does not contain a member get'

 IdHTTP1.Get('http://www.bbc.co.uk');

What am I missing?

Ta.

Edited by: martin moore on Sep 29, 2011 8:33 AM
0
martin

> {quote:title=martin moore wrote:}{quote}
> Hi All, I've been using Delphi from V3 to V8, and now see it will produce iPad apps. I've downloaded a trial of EX2 and have an odd issue:
>
> I'm a bit rusty, so may bear with me!
>
> Platform set to win32 (to debug), TIdHTTP dropped on the form.
>
> Code completion offers .get for IdHTTP1, but  I get 'IdHTTP1 does not contain a member get'
>
>  IdHTTP1.Get('http://www.bbc.co.uk');
>
> What am I missing!
>
> Ta.

A question mark?
0
Captain
9/29/2011 2:14:25 PM
That was useful from a Super Hero.

Is it understandable now?
0
martin
9/29/2011 3:35:24 PM
much better. show us your code.
0
Captain

Can a FireMonkey use all the Indy libraries?
Did you already try to redo the application for testing if the current is not corrupted.
Try to browse to the code with CTRL-<click> on the Get function/member. (does it jump to the Indy source?)
Try to create a "normal" WinForm application and see if it is not only related to a FireMonkey project.
Look at you Uses declaration if there is not a strange unit declared.

greets.
0
Robert
9/29/2011 4:11:49 PM
> {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> Can a FireMonkey use all the Indy libraries?
> Did you already try to redo the application for testing if the current is not corrupted.
> Try to browse to the code with CTRL-<click> on the Get function/member. (does it jump to the Indy source?)
> Try to create a "normal" WinForm application and see if it is not only related to a FireMonkey project.
> Look at you Uses declaration if there is not a strange unit declared.
>
> greets.

Hmmm - tidied it up to post the code and it's now OK....

Runs fine in win32, compiles for OSX, but won't run - needs a remote debug profile.

I'm clearly missing big chunks of the how the OSX side of  things works, including what libraries work and which don't (if they don't all, shouild the IDE disable them when targetting OSX?)

In fact I want mobile devices - surely these are iOS, not OSX?

Is there a good but brief intro to this?

Cheers.

Martin.
0
martin

Don't worry Martin. Everyone is trying at the moment because this
is all just released and for ALL Delphi developers quite new.
It's clear that Delphi can not work yet with all the specific OS API's
but for OSX it's already enough to build complete applications.
(For IOS it's still difficult but more and more info is posted on the Web)
There are functions now in Delphi that can tell you which OS you are and
you can use these to "if-then" your code for specific OS function calls.

Search on youtube for like "delphi xe2 osx" and see some video's.

Look at the Embarcadero help wiki:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/Developing_Cross-Platform_Applications

Look at the Master Hess pages
http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/ObjP_Intro.html
(or search on this forum for his postings)

Build you application step for step.
Hold on and share as much information as possible.
0
Robert
9/30/2011 10:41:18 AM
Lovely. I'll have a look.

> {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> Don't worry Martin. Everyone is trying at the moment because this
> is all just released and for ALL Delphi developers quite new.
> It's clear that Delphi can not work yet with all the specific OS API's
> but for OSX it's already enough to build complete applications.
> (For IOS it's still difficult but more and more info is posted on the Web)
> There are functions now in Delphi that can tell you which OS you are and
> you can use these to "if-then" your code for specific OS function calls.
>
> Search on youtube for like "delphi xe2 osx" and see some video's.
>
> Look at the Embarcadero help wiki:
> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/Developing_Cross-Platform_Applications
>
> Look at the Master Hess pages
> http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/ObjP_Intro.html
> (or search on this forum for his postings)
>
> Build you application step for step.
> Hold on and share as much information as possible.
0
martin
9/30/2011 10:52:55 AM
Say hello to Lachlan:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=392795#392795

Who made a FireMonkey Index:

http://www.tindex.net/FireMonkey.html

Edited by: Robert Triest on Sep 30, 2011 1:33 PM
0
Robert

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

Firemonkey components [Edit]
I am rather new to firemonkey and was wondering where to find information on the purposes of certain controls. I am using XE8 update 1, mostly with Android 4.x. Some of the controls look much like other controls so I don't know when to use a particular control v/s when to use another. Is there an article describing the controls and the nuances or advantages of one control of another similar control. I need to know the purpose of a tlayout control, what does it give you when below the form compared to a tpanel. What is the purpose of a toolbar. How does a tstatus work. It seems to...

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

LookupCombobox component under Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello, How can I manage this ? : I have a dataset with ID and Description fields. I need the records to be displayed in a comboBox. Description need to be displayed (in the listbox and with the selected element). ID should be associated with the available items. I'm able to display these records on a comboBox (using livebindings) but I can't find a way to get the ID value. Here is how I've set my visual binding : [BINDSOURCEDB].ID ----> [COMBOBOX].Item.LookupData [BINDSOURCEDB].Description ----> [COMBOBOX].Item.Text Here is my code (OnButonClick) i...

Build Component in Firemonkey [Edit]
Hi, How to build a component in firemonkey to display some numbers that is retrieved from a database table field. Can I get some idea or any examples available? Edited by: Rolance Kripakaran on May 14, 2012 2:52 AM > {quote:title=Rolance Kripakaran wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > How to build a component in firemonkey to display some numbers that is retrieved from a database table field. > > Can I get some idea or any examples available? > There's three tasks you'll need to master to get that done. Firstly you'll need to know about LiveBindings...

Firemonkey custom component [Edit]
I'm using Delphi XE8 and trying to create a cross-platform component for FireMonkey. But I'm facing some problems. Although up the properties "Width" and "Height" in the Object Inspector to compile apparently the size settings are ignored. And when I reopen the project my component is also small. (I noticed that the width and height settings are not saved to the DFM file). Note: All other native components of FireMonkey work properly, just my custom not. Whats the problem? {code} TCard = class(TControl) private { Private declarations } FC...

ANN: New Firemonkey Components [Edit]
Check out what is cooking for the Beta 6 release of Apesuite... http://arcana.sivv.com/blog/2012/5/3/apesuite-beta-6-preview-and-sivv-support-site.html -- Arcana components for Delphi, Intraweb and Firemonkey http://arcana.sivv.com Edited by: Jason Southwell on May 3, 2012 3:55 PM From your website: "Your purchase includes source code and updates for a period of one year." The one year period start with the release of version 1 or it include the beta testing time? > {quote:title=Jason Southwell wrote:}{quote} > Check out what is cooking for the Beta 6 rel...

Firemonkey-Mobile: GridView component? [Edit]
Hello everybody, i'm trying to develop some sample mobile apps with FireMonkey framework. I see that in Tool Palette there is a TListView component, but not a TGridView component. I'm very surprised of this lack, due GridView should share the same logic of ListView, only the layout should be different ( Android work in that way - http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/declaring-layout.html#AdapterViews ). There are other grid components (TGridLayout, TGridPanelLayout) but them haven't the same behavior and features of ListView. So, No way to implement a GridView? Thank yo...

VCL Firemonkey Component name conflict [Edit]
I am writing VCL and Firemonkey versions of a component and want to use the same component name on both frameworks. XE6 Update 1 I install one framework package but when I install the second package I get an error that TMyComponent is already registered with the first package however when I restart the IDE both the VCL and Fm packages are checked as installed in the list of packages. I create either a new VCL Forms application or a new Fm Desktop application and the correct version of TMyComponent can be added to it from the Tool Pallette. I then "Close all" and create a new ...

Error in help- creating a firemonkey component- [Edit]
1- function TDialogButtonPanel.GetStyleObject: TControl; is function TDialogButtonPanel.GetStyleObject:*TFmxObject*; 2- and in the same function Style = 'MyPanelButtonsStyle'; is Style = *'DialogButtonPanelStyle'*; The StyleName of the root (TRectangle) component in the .style file is coincidentally the same as the RCDATA name Please, review then for the future Edited by: Germán Balbi on Jul 14, 2013 12:31 PM > {quote:title=Germán Balbi wrote:}{quote} > Please, review then for the future If there's an issue with the help you&#...

how to refresh/repaint/invalidate a component in firemonkey? [Edit]
Hi, I try to update a component text property periodically ... example: put a TBbutton on a form, add the following code to the OnClick event: {code} procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); var i : integer; begin for i := 1 to 1000000 do begin if i mod 1000 = 0 then begin button1.Text := inttostr(i); button1.Repaint; // have tried "Realign" too... end; end; end; {code} From my point of view, this routine should update the component every thousand steps... I have tried .realign too... withou...

Firemonkey - XE 5 - Mac OS X Firemonkey HD App
My Firemonkey applications have no icon when they run in the dock. What is odd is that when I navigate in the finder to the app bundle to /Users/my_user_id/RADPAServer/scratch-dir I see the icon there, and if I open the app bundle, it contains the .icns file, which seems valid. But the Finder itself, in my iMac running OS X 10.8.5 seems to refuse to show the icon in the dock. Running the app bundle normally (not via RADPASERVER) also results in a broken icon. Note that if I make an icon myself, using the OS X app Icon Composer, and put it in there, it seems valid, but (a) the defau...

Web resources about - Firemonkey component funnies [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore