Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]

Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS
Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2?
0
laureano
2/3/2012 10:08:49 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey
📃 4901 articles.
⭐ 4 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2929 Views

> {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote}
> Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS
>
> Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2
For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself:
http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_Status.html
Apple's docs start here:
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#releasenotes/General/WhatsNewIniPhoneOS/Articles/iOS5.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30915195-SW1
Key-value storage in the cloud is straightforward - for example, you can store app preferences in the cloud as well as local. That way regardless of where the user starts your app (iPhone, iPad, Mac), the state of the app when it was used last (anywhere) is restored. If the user is not connected to the Internet, then you use the locally stored preferences instead.
Document storage in the cloud is more complicated. Typically you might start with something like an NSDocument subclass (OS X) or UIDocument subclass (iOS) since objects of these classes know how to synchronize their content with the cloud. In general you would not use a database with iCloud since that would result in the entire database being synced every time a change to it is detected. Instead you could use Core Data so that only change transactions are synced.
Dropbox is also a possibility. You can work both with files as well as the Dropbox API. This article covers how to move files around in iOS via Dropbox. There's a link at the end to the Dropbox API documentation.
http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/ObjP_Part5.html
Dropbox also cautions against syncing databases, since this would be triggered with any change.
Thanks.
-Phil
0
Phil
2/3/2012 10:30:58 PM
Thanks, I'll be working on this and let you know how it works.
0
laureano