FireMonkey and TEdit.OnChange

I am converting a vcl application to FireMonkey  and I must stay it is tedious.
In the VCL application I have a TEdit Box which I initialise (in the OnShow event) with
{code}
  ed_EntryString.OnChange := EditBox_NotifiesListbox;
  ed_EntryString.OnEnter := EditBox_NotifiesListbox;
{code}
When typing in the edit box the EditBox_NotifiesListbox gets executed as expected.

In the Firemonkey version I have (in a self constructed Show event (I also tried in the OnCreate event))
{code}
  ed_EntryString.OnChange := EditBox_NotifiesListbox;
  ed_EntryString.OnEnter := EditBox_NotifiesListbox;
{code}
but the method is never attached an nothing happens when typing in the box.  Any explanation for this behaviour?
0
Bennie

Am 31.05.2012 20:50, schrieb Bennie Coetzer:
> I am converting a vcl application to FireMonkey  and I must stay it is tedious.
> In the VCL application I have a TEdit Box which I initialise (in the OnShow event) with
> {code}
>    ed_EntryString.OnChange := EditBox_NotifiesListbox;
>    ed_EntryString.OnEnter := EditBox_NotifiesListbox;
> {code}
> When typing in the edit box the EditBox_NotifiesListbox gets executed as expected.
>
> In the Firemonkey version I have (in a self constructed Show event (I also tried in the OnCreate event))
> {code}
>    ed_EntryString.OnChange := EditBox_NotifiesListbox;
>    ed_EntryString.OnEnter := EditBox_NotifiesListbox;
> {code}
> but the method is never attached an nothing happens when typing in the box.  Any explanation for this behaviour?

Try ed_EntryString.OnTyping instead.

Uwe Raabe
--
Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>
0
> {quote:title=Uwe Raabe wrote:}{quote}

> Try ed_EntryString.OnTyping instead.

But note that that won't trap events such as cut and paste or select/delete.

To trap the latter you'll need to intercept delete keys in the OnKeyDown.
The former is possible but requires some really advanced hackery.
0
Mike

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Making Firemonkey more compatible with Delphi
I have programmed in Delphi since 1995 Delphi1 I am now evaluating Delphi XE4. It boggles my mind, why embarcadero has lost the most important aspects of Delphi. Simplicity and Fast User Interface creation. I can easily see how Firemonkey can be improved to bring it in line with traditional Delphi Techniques by doing the following. 1. All Firemonkey controls need a data aware counterpart. 2. Firemonkey Styles need to be converted to TControl descendants. 3. ie. TLayout goes to TPanel ( TFMXPanel ) 4. ie. TRectangle does to TFrame TFMXFrame ) 5. LiveBindings gets placed un...

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

setfocus not working on firemonkey tedit
Hello Why would a very simple form not set the focus on a tedit I am calling edit1.setfocus but for some reason I still need to toych the control at runtime What am idoing wrong? Clive Morgan wrote: > I am calling edit1.setfocus but for some reason I still need to toych > the control at runtime Depends on when you do it. You need to show your code. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds: http://delphi.radsoft.com.au/blog > {quote:title=Dave Nottage wrote:}{quote} > Clive Morgan wrote: > > > I am calling edit1.se...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

ANN: Delphi XE2 FireMonkey BOOK
September 5, 2012 Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is available: "FireMonkey Development for iOS and OS X with Delphi XE2" by Graeme Chandler. It is available printed (comb binding) or in PDF and MOBI (Kindle compatible) formats. Only from: http://shop.coogara.com Regards Graeme Chandler Coogara Consulting http://www.coogara.com.au http://shop.coogara.com http://www.strikingwood.com.au Graeme Chandler wrote: > Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is > available: > > "FireMonkey Dev...

Delphi FireMonkey project / testComplete and MSAA
Hi I am actualy working on a new team project developped using FireMonkey. We want to create automated tests with TestComplete which is already used to run tests on some VCL projects. Unfortunatly, we discovered that TestComplete is not directly compatible with FireMonkey application, it only sees the windows but not the controls on it. Making some research we, found that TestComplete is able to identify controls thanks to MSAA. So we created a really short project (only one form with some controls) using the FireMonkey Accessibility Pack in order to look at TestComplete's behavio...

FireMonkey how to limit Tedit input to numeric
Is there a way to limit Tedit to Numeric input only? In Delphi for Windows I use the KeyPress event to capture and delete alpha input, this doesn't work in FireMonkey as there is no KeyPress event. Is there a method for changing the iOS keyboard from alpha to numeric (and back) when switching between Tedits? P.S. FireMonkey is wonderful. I've been looking for a tool like this for years. Thank you so much! Rick Tharp wrote: > Is there a way to limit Tedit to Numeric input only? > > In Delphi for Windows I use the KeyPress event to capture and delete alpha input, ...

Delphi XE5 Firemonkey iOS7 Style (where is it?)
It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style. Am I missing something obvious? > {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote} > It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" > > Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is...

How to "passwordchar" a TEdit in Firemonkey
Hello: There is no PasswordChar property on the TEdit in firemonkey. How can I hide what the user is typing, ie. password field. I would normally just set the passwordchar property to "*". Thanks, Sidney just set the password property to true > {quote:title=Sidney Egnew wrote:}{quote} > Hello: > > There is no PasswordChar property on the TEdit in firemonkey. How can I hide what the user is typing, ie. password field. I would normally just set the passwordchar property to "*". > > Thanks, Sidney ...

FireMonkey TEdit control / TabItem Transitions
I tried to set the "TextPrompt" property in a TEdit - does this work? Also, does anyone know if there are any other ChangeTabAction transitions other than slide sideways such as flip or slide up - down? Thanks - Davis, ...

Web resources about - FireMonkey and TEdit.OnChange - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore