Delphi XE5 update 2 stops all Android Apps Compiling

Hello

Downloaded and installed XE5 Update 2 after un-installing RAD Studio XE5 now none of my Android apps will compile, all of which were compiling before. Get Linkage error message such as:-

[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)

Tried doing build and deleting .o .dcu and .apk files

Checked Android SDK installed and the NDK

This is a bad situation and any help most appreciated.
0
Clive

Clive Morgan wrote:

> [DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)

If you create a new application for Android, do you have the same issue?

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds:
> {quote:title=Clive Morgan wrote:}{quote}
> [DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)

See if a fresh project has the same error. I had a similar problem with my iOS app after upgrading to Update 2. A fresh project (and then re-adding the forms to the new project) fixed the problem for me.
0
Eli
12/29/2013 7:45:24 AM

> This is a bad situation and any help most appreciated.

Same problem - doesn't anybody do Quality Assurance??
0
pete
12/29/2013 8:17:49 AM
> {quote:title=pete henry wrote:}{quote}
> >
> > This is a bad situation and any help most appreciated.
>
> Same problem - doesn't anybody do Quality Assurance??

Yeah - if you force a new Project .. Build problem goes away
0
pete
12/29/2013 5:40:00 PM
Clive Morgan wrote:

> Tried doing build and deleting .o .dcu and .apk files

Have you checked whether using "Clean" first helps? I found that worked
at least for an iOS project going from Update 1 to Update 2.

To use Clean, right-click the project in the Project Manager window,
and click Clean, then do the same for Build.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds:
http://delphi.radsoft.com.au/blog
0
Dave
12/29/2013 11:09:04 PM
> {quote:title=Dave Nottage wrote:}{quote}
> Clive Morgan wrote:
>
> > Tried doing build and deleting .o .dcu and .apk files
>
> Have you checked whether using "Clean" first helps? I found that worked
> at least for an iOS project going from Update 1 to Update 2.
>
> To use Clean, right-click the project in the Project Manager window,
> and click Clean, then do the same for Build.
>
> --
> Dave Nottage [TeamB]
> Find tips and code samples at Delphi Worlds:
> http://delphi.radsoft.com.au/blog

Shift+F9 is good enough
0
pete
12/30/2013 9:42:29 AM
> {quote:title=Clive Morgan wrote:}{quote}
> Hello
>
> Downloaded and installed XE5 Update 2 after un-installing RAD Studio XE5 now none of my Android apps will compile, all of which were compiling before. Get Linkage error message such as:-
>
> [DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)
>
> Tried doing build and deleting .o .dcu and .apk files
>
> Checked Android SDK installed and the NDK
>
> This is a bad situation and any help most appreciated.

I was fighting this today.

What resolved it for me was opening RAD Studio XE5->Android Tools and installing the pending packages.  I think it was the 4.4.2 (API 19) packages that were missing for my Galaxy S4.
0
John

Web resources about - Delphi XE5 update 2 stops all Android Apps Compiling - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Feds put protest activity under microscope in compiling national 'risk forecast'
Use of social media, the spread of "citizen journalism," and the involvement of young people are among the key trends highlighted by a federal ...

10 Tips For Compiling A Deal Sheet
Compiling a deal sheet is a great way of taking stock of your experience and of seeing where your experience may be lacking.

Compiling 64-Bit Code
Describes the 64-bit features available in OS X.

Is there a benefit to compiling your code as you go?
Stack Exchange This Q&A is part of a weekly series of posts highlighting common questions encountered by technophiles and answered by users ...

6 cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Compiling The Absurd Box Score For Space Jam ; Or, Shawn Bradley Sucked Against Cartoons, Too
This is Regressing, a numbers-minded column by our clever friends at the Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective. Over the next few days, ...

We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. Help Us.
The United States has no database of police shootings. There is no standardized process by which officers log when they've discharged their weapons ...

Flat UI Pro Tutorial: Setting and Compiling Using LESS
In this video tutorial, you use components from Flat UI Pro to create a complete simple mail app using LESS. He takes you through the steps to ...

Industrious 4chan user is compiling a list of every videogame ever made
... me to enter a few hundreds of games into my Backloggery account , and I haven't even finished it yet. Ambitious 4chan user Data_baser is compiling ...