Delphi XE5(U2) Firemonkey application crashes at startup on OSX on new mac [Edit]

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy my first application on a mac platform. I have successfully built the application on my dev mac and run it through PAServer and now I would like to deploy it on a different MacOS.

I tried to drag and drop the application .app file into the application folder of the new Mac. The app shows up but as soon as I start it, I got a message telling me that it stopped unexpectedly.

I'm really lost here: With windows, I'd have no problem finding out what is wrong but, with a Mac, I haven't got a clue what I did wrong. The application doesn't do anything fancy: loads a bunch of XML files and uses the standard controls for displaying its UI.

What is the "normal" procedure for deploying a FireMonkey application on a Mac without XCode and PAServer installed ? If there some some of trace logging system that can tell me what part of the application blew up ?

Thanks

Edited by: Stephane Grobety on Jan 8, 2014 5:32 AM
0
Stephane

> {quote:title=Stephane Grobety wrote:}{quote}
>  If there some some of trace logging system that can tell me what part of the application blew up ?
Crash reports are written to ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/     (~ stands for you home folder)
These contain a stack trace of the crash. You can find these addresses in the map file of your application if you enable that in the linker options. A few days ago I posted a tool that makes this a little bit easier to thirdpartytools.general.
0
Sebastian
1/8/2014 1:55:53 PM
> {quote:title=Sebastian Zierer wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Stephane Grobety wrote:}{quote}
> >  If there some some of trace logging system that can tell me what part of the application blew up ?
> Crash reports are written to ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/     (~ stands for you home folder)
> These contain a stack trace of the crash. You can find these addresses in the map file of your application if you enable that in the linker options. A few days ago I posted a tool that makes this a little bit easier to thirdpartytools.general.

Thank you for your answer. I'll look into the target mac /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ folder. On my test mac, however, that folder is empty.

Is there anything special that needs to be done to install a FireMonkey application on a Mac ?
0
Stephane
1/8/2014 2:31:13 PM
> {quote:title=Stephane Grobety wrote:}{quote}
> Thank you for your answer. I'll look into the target mac /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ folder. On my test mac, however, that folder is empty.
If you looked at /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ then that is the wrong folder. It must be ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/. You can also run "Console" to view the log files.

> Is there anything special that needs to be done to install a FireMonkey application on a Mac ?
I use diskutil to put the .app package from the paserver scratch-dir into a dmg image. Then this dmg image can be transferred to another mac. If you distribute the dmg over the internet, it is a good idea to sign the .app package before putting it into the dmg image.
0
Sebastian
1/8/2014 4:16:51 PM
Thank you again for answering.

> {quote:title=Sebastian Zierer wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Stephane Grobety wrote:}{quote}
> > Thank you for your answer. I'll look into the target mac /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ folder. On my test mac, however, that folder is empty.
> If you looked at /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ then that is the wrong folder. It must be ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/. You can also run "Console" to view the log files.

Ah, thank you. For some reason, the forum web site removed the tilde from your original message, hence the confusion. I found the dump location on my test machine, I'll try to grab them from the problematic system tomorrow.

> > Is there anything special that needs to be done to install a FireMonkey application on a Mac ?
> I use diskutil to put the .app package from the paserver scratch-dir into a dmg image. Then this dmg image can be transferred to another mac. If you distribute the dmg over the internet, it is a good idea to sign the .app package before putting it into the dmg image.

My app just reads XML files from the user's document folder (I'm using TPath.GetDocumentsPath to get this) and doesn't need anything else (as far as I know). So far, it will only be deployed at a single location and distributed by hand. I deployed it by copying the content of the scratch folder (the .app file) and putting it on a USB drive. On the target system I drag-and-dropped it into the "application" folder. Is there another step that must be taken ?
0
Stephane
1/8/2014 5:01:07 PM
Does it have to do with security issues? You cant normally run an app on OSX unless it is signed with developer certificate.

When you run it through PAServer, it bypasses this so it will run without signing.
0
Douglas

New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit]
Hello guys I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see. I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description > {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha w...

Crash on starting new Firemonkey application or form [Edit]
Just instaled XE5 plus update 2 plus hot fixes 1,3. If I try to go to File - New - Firemonkey Desktop application or File-New-Firemonkey Form then I get Error creating form: Access violation at address 06BEBF66 in module 'fmx190.bpl'. Read of address 00000000. So unable to do anything in Firemonkey. VCL applications work fine. Using Windows Vista 64-bit, 4GB RAM. tried reboot, tried repair installation. Any ideas ? version of fmx190.bpl is 19.0.14356.6604 Edited by: Dave Peters on Jan 8, 2014 9:18 AM ...

Does Delphi XE5 firemonkey work on current Samsung tablets? [Edit]
I am being told that Delphi XE5 with firemonkey will not work on the current range of Samsung tablets even if they have Android 4 is that true? If so I will be very disappointed having invested thousands of pounds and a few hundred hours to adopt the technology on the promise I can now deploy to Android mobile devices. When I run even the most simple Hello World app I simply get a black screen on my brand new Samsung tablet. I am told it only works on Android devices with a ARMv7 CPU supporting NEON instruction sets. If this is the case developers need to know that I have been told today ...

Touch Gestures in Firemonkey 3D application Delphi XE3 MacOS [Edit]
Hi! I'm trying to create a MacOS Firemonkey 3D application with gestures enabled but I can't make it work. I can place a GestureManager on the form but there is no Touch property on the TForm3D object. Then I've tried to create a TLayer3D with a normal TPanel where I was able to set the Touch property but the gestures didn't work although it captured any other mouse movements. Then I've created a separate HD TForm with a GestureManager and with the Touch property set which worked as a stand alone form but whe n I've linked a touch enabled TPanel on the HD TForm to t...

Delphi XE5 Update 2
I should have 8 options. I see just the first 2: Blank Application and 3d Application. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/FireMonkey_Mobile_Application_Templates How can I get the others to appear? Kyle Miller wrote: > I should have 8 options. I see just the first 2: Blank Application and 3d Application. > http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/FireMonkey_Mobile_Application_Templates > > How can I get the others to appear? > I've seen this happen for C++, but not for Delphi. If you launch with the -r option I expect they'll be there. -...

[SOLVED] Delphi XE5
Hello, I have a very simple program that works perfectly. But if I add a TIdTcpClient component on my form, with no change in the properties or event, just add it, then application crash when exiting with the hardware return button. What is wrong ? thank you Franck {code} unit FormTestModbusXE; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.TabControl, FMX.StdCtrls, FMX.Edit, FMX.Layouts, FMX.ListBox, IdBaseComponent, IdComponent, IdTCPConnection, Id...

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

RAD Studio XE2 a new era for Delphi and C++Builder Developers: 64-bit, Mac OS/X, LiveBinding, Cloud API, FireMonkey
More details emerged about XE2 & FireMonkey http://www.dzone.com/links/rad_studio_xe2_a_new_era_for_delphi_and_cbuilder.html This release represents a new era for Delphi and C++Builder developers, there are lot of new stuffs on this release and we will show all of them during the RAD Studio XE Tour, in the mean time I would like to highlight some of them: - New Delphi for 64-bit Windows and full VCL/RTL support - dbExpress ODBC driver - Full monitoring and controlling of DataSnap connections - LiveBinding, the new mechanism for binding any type of data - Cloud API support...

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

Delphi XE5 Firemonkey iOS7 Style (where is it?)
It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style. Am I missing something obvious? > {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote} > It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" > > Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is...

android service application on Delphi XE5 [Edit]
Is it possible to develop "android service application(backround)" on delphi xe5 ? if possible, how to ? Thanks. Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:40 AM Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:45 AM ...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Web resources about - Delphi XE5(U2) Firemonkey application crashes at startup on OSX on new mac [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush