Delphi XE5 Android App dies preparing INDY email [Edit]

Can someone help me with the following code, it connects and authenticates the idsmtp connection but the app dies on the line:-
   idMessage1.Recipients.EMailAddresses:='colin@gmail.com';

Anyone had and overcome this problem?

begin
if idSMtp1.Connected = true then
   idsmtp1.Disconnect;

   idsmtp1.Connect;                          //THIS LINE WORKS
   idSmtp1.Authenticate;                                            //THIS LINE WORKS
   idMessage1.Clear;                                                 //THIS LINE WORKS
   idMessage1.From.Text := 'Testing';                            //THIS LINE WORKS
   idMessage1.From.Address:='colin@computer.co.uk' ;    //THIS LINE WORKS

//STOPS ON THIS LINE
   idMessage1.Recipients.EMailAddresses:='colin@gmail.com';           \\several different live email addresses tried

   idMessage1.Priority :=mpHigh;
   idMessage1.Sender.Text:='SenderTExt';
   idMessage1.Subject:='Indy Test Email';
   idMessage1.Body.Add('this is the indy message body');
   try
      showMessage('Sending');
      idSMTP1.Send(IdMEssage1);
      showMessage('Sent!!!');

   Except
      ShowMEssage('Did not send');
   end;

Edited by: Clive Morgan on Oct 13, 2013 11:13 AM
0
Clive

Clive Morgan wrote:

> Can someone help me with the following code, it connects and authenticates the idsmtp connection but the app dies on
> the line:-    idMessage1.Recipients.EMailAddresses:='colin@gmail.com';

In the version that shipped with XE5, there's a bug (caused by the introduction of zero based strings) in the email
address parsing which causes it to go into an endless loop. The latest source fixes this issue, and a zip of the source
is available, here:

  http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/

(the first in the list)

What I do is unzip the source to a directory separate from the source installed with XE5, and set the search paths
either on a project basis, or "globally" using Tools|Options, Environment Options->Delphi Options->Library. The
required folders are under the Lib folder, namely Core, Protocols and System.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
0
Dave wrote:

> In the version that shipped with XE5, there's a bug (caused by
> the introduction of zero based strings)

I just recently found out that another ZBS-related bug in the shipping version
of Indy in XE5 (which has already been fixed) indirectly causes a safecall
failure in DataSnap on mobile systems (see QC #118633).  Just goes to show
that Zero-Based Strings can be REALLY DANGEROUS!

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Delphi XE5 Android problem (Indy TCP) [Edit]
Hi! Have some major problems, no ideas left. My Android app. is using a component TCP Server-Client Library (http://www.3delite.hu/Object%20Pascal%20Developer%20Resources/TCPServerClientLibrary.html) that I made before. The server app. is built with Delphi XE2 and is using this same component too. The problem is that when I try to download some files with it to Android the Android app. either freezes, or the download stops, randomly (sometimes 3 files arrive successfully and then freezes/stops). Testing with 3 10MB and 2 100MB audio files which are transfered at the same time. What ...

[SOLVED] Delphi XE5
Hello, I have a very simple program that works perfectly. But if I add a TIdTcpClient component on my form, with no change in the properties or event, just add it, then application crash when exiting with the hardware return button. What is wrong ? thank you Franck {code} unit FormTestModbusXE; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.TabControl, FMX.StdCtrls, FMX.Edit, FMX.Layouts, FMX.ListBox, IdBaseComponent, IdComponent, IdTCPConnection, Id...

New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit]
Hello guys I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see. I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description > {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha w...

Does Delphi XE5 on Android work with the Android emulator? [Edit]
I find that even a hello-world app exactly like the one that David I outlines (add a button, one line of code, set button text) will not run on the Android Emulator configured out of the box. First, after installing the Rad Studio XE5 trial, I followed David I's steps exactly, and the emulator would not even start. Then I clicked Android SDK manager, updated it, and clicked run-without-debugging. It asked me if I wanted to start the emulator this time so I did. Now the Firemonkey app will not start up the emulator, and while it does appear to start debugging, the emulator scree...

Get the fat out from XE5 Android apps
In the modern mobile OSes (like iOS and Android) the applications are run into a sandbox for more control, security and performance reasons and there are no (easy) ways to separate/use a "runtime" library (in Delphi's case RTL + FireMonkey) to be shared by multiple apps. This problem is common to all mobile x-plat runtimes/wrappers like Adobe AIR (http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html) or Mono (http://www.mono-project.com). In Delphi's case the problem with the increasingly fat apps (statically linking RTL + FireMonkey to the application binary) comes from the non-optimi...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

How to build enterprise-grade Delphi app
Hi It would be nice to build enterprise-grade appl with Delphi, but are the options or third party software (like in J2EE) to do this? e.g. 1) there is J2EE middleware for hosting components - developer is not required to handle all the issues that are connected with session handling and different contexts in which the components can be stored (like application, session, request context, etc.). I understand that some of this can be done in DataSnap or in Web Services (can be even PHP, Java or .NET) and Delphi client - but in both cases there are some drawbacks: - for DataSnap - much shou...

Delphi XE5 TWebBrowser Problem on Android [Edit]
I have write 4 samples code: 1) paginaweb:='file://'+pathpdf+'prova.pdf'; webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; 2) paginaweb:='http://www.ufficiotecnicogecom.com/Volantini/prova.pdf'; webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; 3) have used webbrowser1.Navigate(paginaweb); 4) paginaweb := 'http://www.youtube.com/user/SisaCentroSudGecom'; webbrowser1.Navigate(paginaweb); or webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; webbroser1 is in a mobile form. All not work on Android but work fine on iOS, the case of youtube url load page but still stuck on loading vide...

android service application on Delphi XE5 [Edit]
Is it possible to develop "android service application(backround)" on delphi xe5 ? if possible, how to ? Thanks. Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:40 AM Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:45 AM ...

Help Delphi xe5 develop Android App
Hello i have problem for develop android app and use emulator the xe5 failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]. how to fix the problem ...

How to fully close a Delphi-XE5 Android App?
This has been asked before but not fully answered. I want to exit an app for two reasons. 1. on startup if problems with the data files and (I'd also like to know to handle this case on IOS too!) 2. from a back-button press Other answere here and elsewhere got answers of using: SharedActivity.Finish; or MainActivity.Finish; Both appear to close the window but neither exit the application as in debug mode the program does not end in Delphi and the application is still running on the device itself. The apps seem to eventually go away when in that state, but if you tr...

movetasktoback function delphi xe5 android? [Edit]
Hi, I want my application not close when the back button is pressed. I want it to minimize and run in background. Is this possible? I've saw a movetasktoBack function on Java. Is this function available for Delphi too? {code} public class TestActivity extends Activity { //... // Working for all API levels @Override public boolean onKeyDown(int keyCode, KeyEvent event) { if (keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK) { moveTaskToBack(true); } return super.onKeyDown(keyCode, event); } // Alternative variant for API 5 and higher @Override ...

Web resources about - Delphi XE5 Android App dies preparing INDY email [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Wikipedia:Preparing images for upload - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

Amtrak Preparing for Pending Winter Storm in the Northeast
Amtrak forces are preparing for the potential of a highly disruptive winter storm to impact the Northeast Corridor during the early part of the ...

Preparing for the New Facebook Profile Design
We’re closing in on the launch of the new profile design. We want to make sure that we give you enough time to get your applications ready and ...

Preparing for Instagram as an advertising platform
Ever since Facebook purchased Instagram , Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg hinted that advertising will come to the photo sharing ...

Preparing the Pad for Launch
jurvetson posted a photo: At the high power pads at LDRS (Large Dangerous Rocket Ships)... with the biggest motor I have ever attempted, an ...

Preparing for John Siracusa's Review of OS X Lion - YouTube
Watch on mobile: http://prep.patdryburgh.com As Apple prepares to release their latest update to the Mac operating system, the Nerds among us ...

Day in the life: Preparing for Christmas in the desert
Christmas is a year-round event for the Dubai-based owner of a hand-made glass decoration company.

Karabakh preparing for municipal elections
On 11 September Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan convoked a consultation dedicated to preparedness for the September 13 elections to ...

Abbott says Australia preparing for humanitarian role in Iraq
Prime Minister Tony Abbott says Australia is preparing to become involved in the humanitarian airdrop to help Iraqis fleeing jihadists.

China preparing stimulus program to possibly spark PC, handset sales
China will soon roll out a plan to stimulate sales of IT products, which could help revive PC shipments in the nation, and further stimulate ...