Delphi XE5 Android Api Documentation

Hi all,
i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation?

thanks in advance
0
Manuel

Manuel Di Maio wrote:
> Hi all,
> i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation?
>
> thanks in advance

For the most part it seems it is reading the source.  That is how I figured out
how to translate the tts API.  Remy posted a useful link in that tts thread

"See this tutorial for more details:

http://www.androidhive.info/2012/01/android-text-to-speech-tutorial/"

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 09:51:18 -0700, Manuel Di Maio <> wrote:

>Hi all,
>i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation?
>
>thanks in advance

Do you need custom Delphi interface wrappers to be created for
JARs/APKs that you have?

I have created custom Delphi interface wrappers for customers.
0
Chee
9/25/2013 5:08:31 AM
I want to translate the GcmIntentService.java from my java source files for Delphi source to enable Push messages Gcm

> {quote:title=Chee Wee Chua wrote:}{quote}
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 09:51:18 -0700, Manuel Di Maio <> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation?
> >
> >thanks in advance
>
> Do you need custom Delphi interface wrappers to be created for
> JARs/APKs that you have?
>
> I have created custom Delphi interface wrappers for customers.
0
Manuel
9/25/2013 8:52:34 AM
I have another question concerning Android APIs:

While browsing through various androiapi.jni.blabla.pas units when trying to implement some classes that are still missing, I noticed that some classes are defined using JObject and JObjectClass as base interface, others use IJavaClass and IJavaInstance respectively. The following code snippets are from androidapi.jni.location.pas:

*JObjectClass / JObject*
JGpsSatelliteClass = interface(JObjectClass)
['{8B2B813E-3F20-40F5-AAFF-CA38016DBF99}']
end;

[JavaSignature('android/location/GpsSatellite')]
JGpsSatellite = interface(JObject)
['{23BDBF98-46F8-46EE-93FB-07D1EB30C7F7}']
  {Methods}
  function getAzimuth: Single; cdecl;
  function getElevation: Single; cdecl;
  function getPrn: Integer; cdecl;
  function getSnr: Single; cdecl;
  function hasAlmanac: Boolean; cdecl;
  function hasEphemeris: Boolean; cdecl;
  function usedInFix: Boolean; cdecl;
end;
TJGpsSatellite = class(TJavaGenericImport<JGpsSatelliteClass, JGpsSatellite>) end;

*IJavaClass / IJavaInstance*
JLocationListenerClass = interface(IJavaClass)
['{C0D51209-3DC1-46D5-91C1-CC77097564DB}']
end;

[JavaSignature('android/location/LocationListener')]
JLocationListener = interface(IJavaInstance)
['{D1CF3FB5-3BCB-4959-98D7-BD4D8F93D839}']
  {Methods}
  procedure onLocationChanged(location: JLocation); cdecl;
  procedure onProviderDisabled(provider: JString); cdecl;
  procedure onProviderEnabled(provider: JString); cdecl;
  procedure onStatusChanged(provider: JString; status: Integer; extras: JBundle); cdecl;
end;
TJLocationListener = class(TJavaGenericImport<JLocationListenerClass, JLocationListener>) end;

Is there a general rule of thumb which interface should be used in what cases?

Thank you!
0
Kaspar
6/27/2014 1:14:59 PM
Kaspar Neuenschwander wrote:
> I have another question concerning Android APIs:
>
> While browsing through various androiapi.jni.blabla.pas units when trying to implement some classes that are still missing, I noticed that some classes are defined using JObject and JObjectClass as base interface, others use IJavaClass and IJavaInstance respectively. The following code snippets are from androidapi.jni.location.pas:
>
> *JObjectClass / JObject*
> JGpsSatelliteClass = interface(JObjectClass)
> ['{8B2B813E-3F20-40F5-AAFF-CA38016DBF99}']
> end;
>
> [JavaSignature('android/location/GpsSatellite')]
> JGpsSatellite = interface(JObject)
> ['{23BDBF98-46F8-46EE-93FB-07D1EB30C7F7}']
>   {Methods}
>   function getAzimuth: Single; cdecl;
>   function getElevation: Single; cdecl;
>   function getPrn: Integer; cdecl;
>   function getSnr: Single; cdecl;
>   function hasAlmanac: Boolean; cdecl;
>   function hasEphemeris: Boolean; cdecl;
>   function usedInFix: Boolean; cdecl;
> end;
> TJGpsSatellite = class(TJavaGenericImport<JGpsSatelliteClass, JGpsSatellite>) end;
>
> *IJavaClass / IJavaInstance*
> JLocationListenerClass = interface(IJavaClass)
> ['{C0D51209-3DC1-46D5-91C1-CC77097564DB}']
> end;
>
> [JavaSignature('android/location/LocationListener')]
> JLocationListener = interface(IJavaInstance)
> ['{D1CF3FB5-3BCB-4959-98D7-BD4D8F93D839}']
>   {Methods}
>   procedure onLocationChanged(location: JLocation); cdecl;
>   procedure onProviderDisabled(provider: JString); cdecl;
>   procedure onProviderEnabled(provider: JString); cdecl;
>   procedure onStatusChanged(provider: JString; status: Integer; extras: JBundle); cdecl;
> end;
> TJLocationListener = class(TJavaGenericImport<JLocationListenerClass, JLocationListener>) end;
>
> Is there a general rule of thumb which interface should be used in what cases?
>
> Thank you!

Yes, look at the Android API documentation when converting.  LocationListner is
at
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/location/LocationListener.html.
Notice that it is documented as an Interface.

GpsSatellite is at
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/location/GpsSatellite.html and
notice it is documented as a class.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

Api to skydrive delphi or delphi.net
Dear Good afternoon ... Does anyone have any idea or some documentation on how to implement or delphi.net via delphi api to access skydrive files. Thank you for your help. ...

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Does Delphi XE5 on Android work with the Android emulator? [Edit]
I find that even a hello-world app exactly like the one that David I outlines (add a button, one line of code, set button text) will not run on the Android Emulator configured out of the box. First, after installing the Rad Studio XE5 trial, I followed David I's steps exactly, and the emulator would not even start. Then I clicked Android SDK manager, updated it, and clicked run-without-debugging. It asked me if I wanted to start the emulator this time so I did. Now the Firemonkey app will not start up the emulator, and while it does appear to start debugging, the emulator scree...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) Is it possible to somehow debug DLLs in XE5 compiled with an older Delphi version or is the debug info not compatible? Kind Regards, Jack. Jack wrote: > However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the > following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: > $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) > > Is it possible to somehow debug DLLs in XE5 compiled with an older > Delphi version or is the debug info not compatible? Since you are not recompiling the DLL in XE5, did you copy over D7's TDS file for the DLL when you copied over the DLL itself? The TDS file contains debug information. Although, I do not know if XE5 can use D7's debug info or not. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Dear Remy, Thank you for your reply. I am not able to locate any "TDS" files when I build my dll in Delphi 7. I get a .map...

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Attempting to compile Delphi 5 code in Delphi XE5 is failing
Greetings All, If I'm not in the correct formum please tell me which one I should be in. Just upgraded to Delphi XE5 and am attempting to compile one of my Delphi 5 projects. I used Interbase Express I use either TDataSource -> TCDSProvider -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery or TDataSource -> TClientDataSet -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery Also used TIBDatabase, TIBTransaction, and TIBStoredProc I open the smallest project I have and click compile and almost immediately I receive this error Checking project dependencies... Compiling CITranEngine.dproj...

How to sync Android to Delphi XE5 application
Hello people, I have a doubt, I have developed a FireMonkey Android application where I need sync my app data to a Delphi XE5 application. Basicly I created a .txt file and I sent to my computer using a FTP connection, but this doesn't works fine. I found two problems with this method, 1) It works really bad with 3G connection, less than 50% of attemps works correctly to sync data of my Android to a PC 2) Confirmations about sync (sent data, received data) are no reliable So, I would like to know if there another way to sync data without using .txt files and FTP connection, and if there a method to do it more efficiently. Thank you! ...

Delphi XE5 Firemonkey iOS7 Style (where is it?)
It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style. Am I missing something obvious? > {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote} > It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" > > Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style. > > Am I missing something obvious? What you see in the IDE is one thing. Have you run your app on iOS7 and you see old style? Best Regards, Cristian Peta > {quote:title=Cristian Peta wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote} > > It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" > > > > Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style. > > > > Am I missing something obvious? > > What you see in the IDE is one thi...

Delphi
Dear All, Sorry to ask 2 questions in 24 hours! (I have just come back to using Delphi after a break and I am finding the 2009 version fanstastic! - Just installing 2010 also!) Does anyone know how to call windows to hide/show the Wireless Networking Tray icon in Windows XP from Delphi? Many Thanks Mark <Mark Williams> wrote in message news:178978@forums.codegear.com... > Does anyone know how to call windows to hide/show the > Wireless Networking Tray icon in Windows XP from Delphi? System Tray icons can only be shown/hidden by the apps that call Shell_Notify...

Accessing an Android Java class from Delphi XE5
Hi! How to translate this C++ code to Delphi XE5 for Android: {code} int bufsize=AudioTrack.getMinBufferSize(44100, AudioFormat.CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO, AudioFormat.ENCODING_PCM_16BIT) {code} I found that there is an 'JAudioTrack' type in 'Androidapi.JNI.Media' but I have no clue how to call this 'getMinBufferSize' function which is for 'JAudioTrackClass'. The problem is I don't know how to instanteniate these Android Java classes for Delphi. Please help! Thank you! > How to translate this C++ code Java rather than C++ surely...? ...

Delphi XE5 Android Heap size problem
Android applications that developed with Delphi XE5 use minimum 24 MB RAM. Some phones allow 16-20 MB usage(heap size) for any application. (htc wildfire S A510e, samsung GT-S58330i) So any application that developed with Delphi XE5 does not run these phones. But I have seen some popular applications these can use greater than 30 MB heap size on these phones. if some android applications were able to do this, Is there any way to automatically increase the heap size for our delphi xe5 applications? > {quote:title=mustafa korkmaz wrote:}{quote} > (htc wildfire S A510e, Wi...

How to fully close a Delphi-XE5 Android App?
This has been asked before but not fully answered. I want to exit an app for two reasons. 1. on startup if problems with the data files and (I'd also like to know to handle this case on IOS too!) 2. from a back-button press Other answere here and elsewhere got answers of using: SharedActivity.Finish; or MainActivity.Finish; Both appear to close the window but neither exit the application as in debug mode the program does not end in Delphi and the application is still running on the device itself. The apps seem to eventually go away when in that state, but if you try to run it again, it hangs... that happens if its run again from the icon, or selected from the list of running apps button. If its not possible to get this to work, how would I get the behavior that many apps have --- that is you back step through an app to the main screen, but the last back button just steps back to the home screen without closing the app. Any ideas? The hardware that I am working on is a Nexus 4. I have a solution that works for me I have posted the code a few times before try doing a search > > Both appear to close the window but neither exit the application as in debug mode the program does not end in Delphi and the application is still running on the device itself. The apps seem to eventually go away when in that state, but if you try to run it again, it hangs... that happens if its run again from the icon, or selected from the list of running a...

XE5 Firemonkey Android Import Word document
Hello I am completely new to firemonkey and this will be my first project. I need to import a word doc into an android app so notes can be added to the doc from the firemonkey interface. How can i do this? Would i get the word doc saved as a RTF, PDF, XML or HTML etc. before importing? What controls does fire monkey have that can best handle word processing? Any advice would be much appreciated. Regards Phil ...

Delphi XE5 TWebBrowser Problem on Android [Edit]
I have write 4 samples code: 1) paginaweb:='file://'+pathpdf+'prova.pdf'; webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; 2) paginaweb:='http://www.ufficiotecnicogecom.com/Volantini/prova.pdf'; webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; 3) have used webbrowser1.Navigate(paginaweb); 4) paginaweb := 'http://www.youtube.com/user/SisaCentroSudGecom'; webbrowser1.Navigate(paginaweb); or webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; webbroser1 is in a mobile form. All not work on Android but work fine on iOS, the case of youtube url load page but still stuck on loading vide...

Delphi XE5 - Android
Hello. I have a mobile phone that have this hardware: Processor ARMv7 rev 9 (v71) 849Mhz 445MB ram. Using Android OS v 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) I created a FireMonkey Mobile project, then, i put some edits and labels into my form and just run it. (I already have did the configs to SDK/NDK) My application compile ok, deploy ok, install ok, run ok. But when i see it running on the mobile device, i only see blank screen, i can click on the edits but it is all invisible, it works and show me the keyboard but i can't see anything , its all blank. I need help with this,...

android service application on Delphi XE5 [Edit]
Is it possible to develop "android service application(backround)" on delphi xe5 ? if possible, how to ? Thanks. Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:40 AM Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:45 AM ...

Help Delphi xe5 develop Android App
Hello i have problem for develop android app and use emulator the xe5 failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]. how to fix the problem ...

movetasktoback function delphi xe5 android? [Edit]
Hi, I want my application not close when the back button is pressed. I want it to minimize and run in background. Is this possible? I've saw a movetasktoBack function on Java. Is this function available for Delphi too? {code} public class TestActivity extends Activity { //... // Working for all API levels @Override public boolean onKeyDown(int keyCode, KeyEvent event) { if (keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK) { moveTaskToBack(true); } return super.onKeyDown(keyCode, event); } // Alternative variant for API 5 and higher @Override ...