Convert XAML to Firemonkey controls?

Anybody spent time or thoughts on converting XAML objects to firemonkey controls?
0
Marcel

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Vcl to Firemonkey converter
I have found a new program (MIDA) for convert automatically DFM and Pas in FMX and pas. it's GREAT !!! don't convert all, of course, but it is very useful. I converted a project VCL , 20 forms, and I have spent using a morning instead of a week:) i was any TMS Pack component in my project and it work in FM The next version will support more pascal update ( application.MessageBox / application.exename ... ). in the last version of MIDA V. 0.81 is add TPageControl,TTabSheet support and other component two picture from site : http://midafiremonkey.files.wordp...

Virtual Controls in FireMonkey
What are the fireMonkey controls that support UI virtualisation > {quote:title=vikosh maha wrote:}{quote} > What are the fireMonkey controls that support UI virtualisation As of XE2 the TGrid is the only one I know of (certainly TListBox and TTreeView don't). I haven't investigated XE3 far enough yet to give an answer. ...

Serial Port Controlling in Firemonkey?
Hi, What kind of path should I follow to make my application requires serial port communication compatiable with windows and Mac OS enviorement? Thanks. ...

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

Change a control matrix in firemonkey
Hi every I have a TRectangle and a TMatrix3x2F i managed to copy the Matrix values from the rectangle.AbsoluteMatrix to TMatrix3x2F like this: {code} void TForm1::GrabRectMatrix() { Matrix3x2F FTransform; FTransform._11 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m11; FTransform._12 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m12; FTransform._21 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m21; FTransform._22 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m22; FTransform._31 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m31; FTransform._32 = Rect1->AbsoluteMatrix.m32; } //--------------------------------------------------------------------------- {code} ...

Free VCL to FireMonkey converter?
Hi I just read this blog post: http://delphi-insider.blogspot.com.br/2012/07/free-mida-vcl-to-firemonkey-converter.html It says that Embarcadero has licensed a special version of Mida, a converter for VCL to FireMonkey applications. As far as I can remember when FireMonkey was released there was a guy that developed this convertion tool and posted some info in the forum and got trolled by many users over here because people were not trusting that that software was real. Is this Mida converter that Embarcadero licensed actually this tool that was developed by him? As far as I can tell ...

FireMonkey controls and the Hint property
Where are the HINT (and related ShowHint) properties in FM Controls? I am not able to find them. Or is there some other way how to show hint when mouse is over the control? TIA > {quote:title=Miroslav Ondrisek wrote:}{quote} > Where are the HINT (and related ShowHint) properties in FM Controls? I am not able to find them. Or is there some other way how to show hint when mouse is over the control? > > TIA Nobody knows? ...

Native OS Controls for Firemonkey
I've just launched a Kickstarter project to build a Native OS control framework and component set for Firemonkey. NakeyMonkey is first a set of base components and interfaces that simplify wrapping native OS controls in a cross-platform way allowing them to be write-once, cross-compile. By providing a base component to descend native wrappers from and a base platform object for implementing the OS specific implementation, NakeyMonkey allows components like a RichEdit to be available to your Firemonkey apps without having to rewrite the entire implementation of parsing rich text tags a...

Making Firemonkey more compatible with Delphi
I have programmed in Delphi since 1995 Delphi1 I am now evaluating Delphi XE4. It boggles my mind, why embarcadero has lost the most important aspects of Delphi. Simplicity and Fast User Interface creation. I can easily see how Firemonkey can be improved to bring it in line with traditional Delphi Techniques by doing the following. 1. All Firemonkey controls need a data aware counterpart. 2. Firemonkey Styles need to be converted to TControl descendants. 3. ie. TLayout goes to TPanel ( TFMXPanel ) 4. ie. TRectangle does to TFrame TFMXFrame ) 5. LiveBindings gets placed un...

Drag Firemonkey controls at runtime
I would like to be able to drag controls around at runtime. e.g., a rectangle or panel using teh mouse - move it from one location to another With VCL I would use something like this http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa102505a.htm if (Sender is TWinControl) then begin inReposition:=True; SetCapture(TWinControl(Sender).Handle); GetCursorPos(oldPos); end; However, I am completely stuck on how to do similar in firemonkey - I know it is a long shot being so new and all but anyone out there point me the right direction? OK, I have a kind of a work-around u...

Web resources about - Convert XAML to Firemonkey controls? - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore