Class segmentation fault (11) [Edit]

Please follow the steps below:

1. Create New Firemonkey Moblie Application
2. Add TGeustureManager component to the Form
3. Add 2 TButton components to the Form:
     *   Button1.Text: "Button1: Do something..."
     *   Button2.Text: "Button2: Exit Application..."
4. Double click on Button2 Component and write the following code for OnClick Event:
{code}
begin
  if MessageDlg('Are you sure you want to Exit?', TMsgDlgType.mtWarning,
          [TMsgDlgBtn.mbYes, TMsgDlgBtn.mbNo], 0) = mrYes then
    SharedActivity.finish;
end;
{code}
5. Run the application in debug mode.
6. on the device, click the button 2, then click yes to the popped up message. An exception will appear:
*Project Project1.apk raised exception class segment fault (11).*

Why is this exception raised?
I thought it is related to unused TGeustureManager component. but NO it is NOT:
1. If you open the Location Demo project that comes with Delphi xe5.
2. Add TButton component to Location Label.
3. Add the same code as above to OnClick Event.
4. Run the application, and click on Button5, you will get the same exception.

*Is this a bug should I report? or am I doing something wrong?*

(ps): for the same post but with images please read the question in   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19875029/class-segmentation-fault-11/19951740?noredirect=1#comment29709119_19951740

Edited by: Oussama Al-Rifai on Nov 22, 2013 5:53 AM
0
Oussama

> {quote:title=Oussama Al-Rifai wrote:}{quote}
> Please follow the steps below:
>
> 1. Create New Firemonkey Moblie Application
> 2. Add TGeustureManager component to the Form
> 3. Add 2 TButton components to the Form:
>      *   Button1.Text: "Button1: Do something..."
>      *   Button2.Text: "Button2: Exit Application..."
> 4. Double click on Button2 Component and write the following code for OnClick Event:
> {code}
> begin
>   if MessageDlg('Are you sure you want to Exit?', TMsgDlgType.mtWarning,
>           [TMsgDlgBtn.mbYes, TMsgDlgBtn.mbNo], 0) = mrYes then
>     SharedActivity.finish;
> end;
> {code}
> 5. Run the application in debug mode.
> 6. on the device, click the button 2, then click yes to the popped up message. An exception will appear:
> *Project Project1.apk raised exception class segment fault (11).*
>
> Why is this exception raised?
> I thought it is related to unused TGeustureManager component. but NO it is NOT:
> 1. If you open the Location Demo project that comes with Delphi xe5.
> 2. Add TButton component to Location Label.
> 3. Add the same code as above to OnClick Event.
> 4. Run the application, and click on Button5, you will get the same exception.
>
> *Is this a bug should I report? or am I doing something wrong?*
>
> (ps): for the same post but with images please read the question in   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19875029/class-segmentation-fault-11/19951740?noredirect=1#comment29709119_19951740
>
> Edited by: Oussama Al-Rifai on Nov 22, 2013 5:53 AM

i tried to answer to stackoverflow.
0
Michele
11/22/2013 3:44:35 PM
> {quote:title=Michele Carone wrote:}{quote}

> i tried to answer to stackoverflow.

Thanks Michele,

If you are the user with suggestion to use Halt to quit the application. Then, as I answered in Stack Overflow: using Halt raises the same exception.
0
Oussama

Firemonkey Android client: raised exception class segmentation fault(11)
Dear, My android client use SQLConnection connect to datasnap server. In Designe environment, It can get data from datasnap server, when i run it ro Android device and try to set SQLConnection to open , raised exception message:'Client_Android project raised exception class segmentation fault(11)', 'Client_Android' is my project name. Please help me! thanks. > {quote:title=guohai cui wrote:}{quote} > Dear, > > My android client use SQLConnection connect to datasnap server. In Designe environment, It can get data from datasnap server, when i run it...

Project1.apk raised exception class segmentation fault(11)?
Hi, I am using Rad Studio XE8. Using C++ Builder, I created an "empty form" and ran it on android device and press the back button to exit I get this error message "Project1.apk raised exception class segmentation fault(11)". I tried it with Delphi no error. When I press break it takes me to the break point : in FMX.Platform.Android line 2830 if SameValue(FScreenScale, 0, TEpsilon.Scale) then Knowing that I didn't have that issue in XE7. Thanks Ramez ...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

URGENT Segmentation Fault 11 KDE4 11.4openSuse
After the last most recent update, i performed a restart and now kwin is completely dead, I am unable to use the keyboard to type commands into console or search, only works when i open firefox using the GUI. Everything crashes! Even the crash handler crashes consistantly, so I can't report anything or get details.. When I try to restart, the icons for Restart and Shutdown are missing, I only see Logout, Switch User & Lock, and I can't do any of these things! The most recent info about the crashes is this one for the KDE session manager: Executable: kdeinit4 PID: 3156 S...

Segmentation fault 11 during checksetup.pl
Hi I=E2=80=99ve been running BZ for 6 Months or more on an Apple iMac. The iMac is running Developer Preview 4 of OS X 10.10 (Yoesemite) Yesterday BZ was running fine, and the machine was not shutdown = overnight. Today when I try to access BZ I get this message in the browser: Software error: Perl API version v5.16.0 of DBI does not match v5.18.0 at = /System/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm line = 217. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at = lib/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DBI.pm line 278. Compilation failed in require at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 12. B...

Delphi 2009 Class Completion Syntax [Edit]
Hi all, Is it possible to setup the Class Completion syntax? The guys made it haven't read Object Pascal Style Guide - http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/10280 Variables are lowercase, wrong space position (before or after identifiers), etc. Thank you! ...

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

Segmentation fault using smartcard on openSUSE 11.3
Hi all, I have a problem with OpenSC while trying to use cardreader OMNIKEY CardMan 6121. I've installed drivers from manufacturer website (ifdokccid_lnx_x64-3.5.1.tar.gz). After that I run opensc-tool and everything seems to be OK. But pkcs11-tool gives me a "Segmentation fault" error. Firefox crashes immediately when I insert cardreader into USB. I've installed OpenSC PKCS#11 Module (/usr/lib64/onepi-opensc-pkcs11.so) on my Firefox. I tried to debug using "pcscd -fd" and I saw that pcscd uses right drivers "ifdokccid". All this wor...

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

Calling Microsoft c++ class from a Delphi app [Edit]
Hello all ! I'm trying to call a class written under Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 by a Delphi app, but there is something wrong with the stack. Here is the Microsoft Visual C++ 2003 class ---------------------------------------------------- class CPlugIn { public: virtual void GetArraySize ( int &XSize, // Number of array columns (X) int &YSize // Number of array rows (Y) ) = 0; .... ---------------------------------------------------- and many other methods in there that I have removed for more clarity. This class translate in to Delphi i...

child pid 33?? exit signal Segmentation fault(11)
--____WQVTKMOQGSVJLKVLHXYA____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 6 Feb 2007 11:39:32 +0000" Hi Just rebooted my server (SLES10), webaccess worked for a few mins but now = /gw/webacc is timing out. /var/opt/novell/httpd/logs/error_log [notice] child pid 3374 exit signal Segmentation fault [11] Any ideas as to what is happening Mich --____WQVTKMOQGSVJLKVLHXYA____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____EFIMJQDWQYMFPUZQYNUI____" -...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. ...

C++ Builder XE7 and android device
I connected my Android phone (Android 4.1.1) to PC and have a strange problem running my application on it after compiling it in C++ Builder XE 7. If I create a blank application (no components on the form) it will run with no problems on my android phone. But, if I place a single component on the form (no matter what the component is) I get segmentation fault (11). Then again, I remove the component and my app is running again normally. Is this some kind of bug or am I doing something wrong? Solved it! I needed to update my phone. Having latest updates now working perfectly. ...

Web resources about - Class segmentation fault (11) [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Segmentation (biology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Segmentation in biology refers to the division of some animal and plant body plans into a series of repetitive segments. This article will focus ...

Ads API Profile: Marin Software Provides Audience Segmentation Across Facebook and Paid Search
Facebook’s performance advertising system lets buyers target users based on identity, location, interests, and Facebook connections, but it doesn’t ...

ViBe video segmentation embedded on a Canon digicam with CHDK - YouTube
Download the IEEE-TIP paper: http://goo.gl/KgStV Download the Android app: http://goo.gl/qvYDk http://www.ulg.ac.be/telecom/research/vibe/ This ...

Why Audience Segmentation Isn't All It's Cracked Up to Be
Good customer segmentation is important, but it's not the starting point of a targeted marketing communications or media plan, especially today ...

Segmentation within Silver
... co-pays, co-insurance, ease of use, pain in the ass factors and branding’s repuational efforts. One area of particular interest of segmentation ...

Fragmentation and Segmentation
Benedict Evans on Apple’s segmentation-by-device of new features in iOS: How do you segment without fragmenting? Apple achieved this pretty ...

Customer Segmentation Explored
... few fortunate people have both. Brands can command a price premium or a time premium or both. This leads into a universal cross-category segmentation ...

Who to follow: serendipity or segmentation?
One of the most hotly contested discussion topics at PodCamp NH this past weekend was the question of who to follow on social networks like LinkedIn ...

Target Breach Happened Because of a Basic Network Segmentation Error
The massive data breach at Target last month may have resulted partly from the retailer's failure to properly segregate systems handling sensitive ...

Segmentation - ClickZ
Apr 4, 2014 - Pinterest is the latest social network to wed paid ads, so it's time for media buyers to prepare for this next wave of social media ...