Android Lollipop (5) XE6 - Apps not running

Hi,

is there a fix for XE6 and Lollipop yet? Basic hello world applications are not running on Lollipop with XE6.

Regards,
Wesley
0
Wesley

Wesley Harrison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a fix for XE6 and Lollipop yet? Basic hello world applications are not running on Lollipop with XE6.
>
> Regards,
> Wesley

There won't be.  CE6 does not support Lollipop and it is highly unusual for them
to go back to older versions and add new OS support to them.  XE7 supports lollipop.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
Wesley wrote:

> is there a fix for XE6 and Lollipop yet? Basic hello world
> applications are not running on Lollipop with XE6.

Borland/CodeGear/Inprise/Embarcadero rarely releases fixes for older versions.
 Considering that the current version is XE7, and that a new version is on
the horizon (see http://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/if-you-are-doing-ios-development-join-the-beta-to-get-access-to-the-64-bit-toolchain),
I think it is safe to say that they are likely not going to release a fix
for XE6 and earlier.  But I am not an Embarcadero employee, so that is just
a guess on my part.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Wesley wrote:
>
> > is there a fix for XE6 and Lollipop yet? Basic hello world
> > applications are not running on Lollipop with XE6.
>
> Borland/CodeGear/Inprise/Embarcadero rarely releases fixes for older versions.
>  Considering that the current version is XE7, and that a new version is on
> the horizon (see http://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/if-you-are-doing-ios-development-join-the-beta-to-get-access-to-the-64-bit-toolchain),
> I think it is safe to say that they are likely not going to release a fix
> for XE6 and earlier.  But I am not an Embarcadero employee, so that is just
> a guess on my part.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)j

Thanks for the quick response.
0
Wesley

is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks.
is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. Have a look in your Android output directory -- Linden "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source" > {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > > > Have a look in ...

Run 5.5.00 + 5.5.04 on same server?
Is it possible to run two separate engines of different versions on the same server? I have a customer that has a third party application running 5.5.00 on Novell Netware. My application has been tested under 5.5.04. The customer would like each app to run under their recommended configurations, so he's looking at running 2 instances of the database engine NLM, one for the third party app and the second for our app. Is this possible, and if so, are there any issues with the engine being of different versions (they would be installed to a separate directory on the Novell server, ...

Delphi and 5.5
Hello! I work with Delphi5 and SQL Anywhere 5.5 for DBMS-applications developing. There are 2 questions. 1. For desktop application. I'd like to include necessary files of SQL Anywhere into distribution to make installation procedure most simpler for user. Which files of SQL Anywhere should I put into installational package and also which additions should I make in Windows registry? 2. How can I register DB alias in ODBC? 3. The same for CS-application. Is it possible at all? TIA I believe all your questions about SQL Anywhere can be answered by reading the on-...

Running 5.5.05 dbsrv50 and 5.5.04 dbclient
Hello, I probably already know the answer to this but I guess I hope I am wrong... :) How bad is it to run a 5.5.05 server and still have 5.5.04 clients, as obviously this is easier to upgrade. I made the mistake of using 5.5.05 client and a 5.5.04 server and couldn't write BLOBs anymore, but hey I was careless.. Any thoughts most welcome. Jill Pearson http://www.sareen.com I believe it is recommended that the server and client be the same version. However, the server can have a later version than the client, but not the other way around. -- Steve Ayotte ...

XE6 and Android 4.5
I've tried some demos XE6 on a device with Android 4.5 and always fails to launch. It launch a bus error. Is XE6 compatible with Android 4.5 ? Or have I to set some configuration in the project ? Thanks very much. Joe Vargas wrote: > I've tried some demos XE6 on a device with Android 4.5 and always fails to launch. It launch a bus error. Is XE6 compatible with Android 4.5 ? > > Or have I to set some configuration in the project ? > > Thanks very much. 4.5 is a beta OS and not released yet. As such it is not supported. Once 4.5 is released I am sur...

Running Delphi 5 on windows 7
Hi all, I am very knew to delphi and I'm only using it for a university project, hence the use of the old version. The problem I'm having is after installing the software and trying to build a new package I get the following error message - unable to rename 'C:\Program files(x86)\borland\delphi5\bin\delphi32.$$$' to 'C:\Program files(x86)\borland\delphi5\bin\delphi32.dro' once this error message appears my only option is ok and once I click ok nothing appears so I can't even create a new project. Does anyone know what might cause this or even better, ho...

Is this possible on Delphi Xe 5 for android?
http://www.vogella.com/articles/AndroidNotifications/article.html Is this possible to achieve in delphi? > {quote:title=Ionut Cristea wrote:}{quote} > http://www.vogella.com/articles/AndroidNotifications/article.html > > > Is this possible to achieve in delphi? Maybe this is what you are looking for: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Mobile_Tutorial:_Using_the_Notification_Center_%28iOS_and_Android%29 -- Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. > {quote:title=Mihaela Andreea Plaesu wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Ionut Cristea wrote:}{quote} &g...

Delphi XE6 Android deployment problem
Hi! Trying out the 30 day trial of Delphi XE6, deploying an app. written in XE5, where deploying is successful, but deploying the same app. without any changes with XE6, half of the files are missing from the installation on the Android device. If I rename the .apk to .zip and look inside, the missing files are in the .zip. In 'deployment' page there are some .so files added which the app. is loading dynamically. Some of the files do get copied in the app.'s folder but some of them are not. I could not find any difference between the copied files' deployment options and t...

Java convertion for Android to Delphi XE6
Re Posted this post again as no reply received. Need to convert following java code to delphi: // Configure BeaconManager. beaconManager = new BeaconManager(this); beaconManager.setRangingListener(new BeaconManager.RangingListener() { @Override public void onBeaconsDiscovered(Region region, final List<Beacon> beacons) { // Note that results are not delivered on UI thread. runOnUiThread(new Runnable() { @Override public void run() { // Note that beacons reported here are already sorted by estimated // distance between device and beacon. getActionBar().setSubtitle("Foun...

Can i run groupwise 5.5 on NetWare 6.5
I hava an groupwise 5.5 runing on the netware 4.11 server, now i want to migrate netware 4.11 to netware 6.5. and groupwise 5.5 can run on netware 6.5? many thanks , > I hava an groupwise 5.5 runing on the netware 4.11 server, now i want to > migrate netware 4.11 to netware 6.5. and groupwise 5.5 can run on netware > 6.5? many thanks It should run just fine. Have you asked in the GW groups? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests ...

Delphi 5 direct access components to SA 5.5
Hello! I am before the choice. Which components set is better for subject? I'd like to ask people who have definitive experience in testing of such components. We have a such number: NativeDB ASADAC ODBCExpress SQLDirect Titan Which is better? Any valid conclusion is very appreciated. Thanks in advance. I haven't tried all of the products you list, but I can recommend NativeDB. It is made specifically for SQL Anywhere, so it supports some features of SQL Anywhere that multi-target middleware does not support. The vendor supports the product very promptl...

Is ASA 5.5.03 running under novell 5.1 ?
Hi there, if not, which version do I need for? TIA, justus maier You will need to be running at least 5504 build 1929 or greater, or any build of 5505. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL and click "GO" "Justus Maier" <justus.maier@mapware.de> wrote in message news:$c2jtZqvAHA.191@for...

IBLite and Android 5.0 (Lollipop) issue
I try to run simple application, which use IBLite, to the Android 5.0 emulator but get the message "Unfortunately, [ProjectName] has stopped". In the Android 4.4 emulator no problem, the application runs. *IBLite support Lollipop?* ...

Delphi XE8, how to run PhotoWall Sample on Android
I have been unsuccessful when attempting to run the sample app named 'PhotoWall' that comes with Delphi XE8 on my Windows 8 PC and my Android tablet. When the three executables making the Embarcadero code sample are run on my PC, the 'Mobile PhotoWall' app has no problem detecting the other two apps: the 'Media Receiver' app and the 'VCL Media Receiver' app. However, when I compile and run the 'Mobile PhotoWall' app from my Android tablet (connected to my PC via a USB cable), it does not detect the other two apps. Has anobody been able to successfu...

Delphi&5.5
Hello! I try to implement SQL-query using TQuery componenet SELECT count(*) FROM dba.M_F where id_f=6 and date_now > '01.01.2000' Then I get an error message General SQL error [Sybase][ODBC driver]: cannot convert 01.01.2000 to a date/time. What's a matter (I tried any different variants of date kind)? Does anyone this problem encounter? Alter your SELECT statement to the following : SELECT count(*) from dba.M_F where id_f = 6 and date_now > '2000-01-01' note that date picture is 'yyyy-mm-dd' for SQL Anywhere. <Nicolay_A._Vasiliev&...

Web resources about - Android Lollipop (5) XE6 - Apps not running - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Android Lollipop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Android 5.0 "Lollipop" is a version of the Android mobile operating system developed by Google . Unveiled on June 25, 2014, the operating system ...

Sequel In The Works For Viral Facebook App Take This Lollipop
Facebook users took to Take This Lollipop , to the tune of more than 100 million views. How will its potential sequel fare? continued… New ...

Hug Me, Diggle, Bike Race, Twoo, Amazon, Take This Lollipop and more on this week’s emerging Facebook ...
... 260,000 +150,000 + 136% 8. Amazon Sweepstakes 950,000 +130,000 + 16% 9. The Fan Machine 330,000 +120,000 + 57% 10. TakeThisLollipop ...

Chad Lollipop (@ChadLollipop) on Twitter

Lollipop 3: Eggs of Doom on the App Store on iTunes
Get Lollipop 3: Eggs of Doom on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - clavier_android Lollipop - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Is LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW Worth Playing? NEW CHALLENGER - YouTube
Yesterday Anthony reviewed Lollipop Chainsaw. So did Kotaku's Tina Amini. Today they meet up in the studio to talk about what went right and ...

Lollipop lady 'witnessed husband die in Oakleigh crash'
Severely injured when a motorist hit her at a school crossing, "lollipop lady" Susan Parsons hadn't been back on her feet long when another tragedy ...

Lollipop's Playland & Cafe fight: The tears that set in motion horrific brawl at child's birthday party ...
The uncle of the seven-year-old girl at the centre of the brawl at child's birthday party in Sydney's west has described the events leading up ...

New life for Lollipop - Northern Rivers Pets - Animal and Dog News in Northern Rivers - Clarence Valley ...
... BEHIND these beautiful dark brown eyes lies a heartbreaking story of cruel neglect and renewed hope for survival. If five-year-old mare Lollipop ...