Android Lollipop (5) XE6 apps not running

XE6 latest
Android L

Hi

My previously working test app crashes out during startup on the latest 5.0.1 android.  I have read the other posts re loading graphics at runtime but my app doesn't have any?

I have a form and a button and a label.  About as simple as you can get.

Any one got XE6 to create an app for Lollipop?

TIA

P.
0
Paul

an app with no images used compiled with XE7 does work on Android 5 :)

> It happens to me the same. I have apps created with XE5 and do not work on android 5.0.1.
0
Brian
12/10/2014 1:01:01 AM
> {quote:title=Brian Hamilton wrote:}{quote}
> an app with no images used compiled with XE7 does work on Android 5 :)
>

> > It happens to me the same. I have apps created with XE5 and do not work on android 5.0.1.

Thanks for the info.

Yes I would expect latest XE7 to work out of the box with 5.x but I also expect XE6 to work, certainly with possible changes.  This is going to be a major problem as Lollipop adoption increases.  I may be doing something wrong but it's not obvious nor documented anywhere I have seen yet. I will keep experimenting...

My install base is large on side load and with 10 app store apps, this is going to be a pain.  I don't want to migrate them to XE7 if the next version of Android or iOS breaks something again necessitating another upgrade / redev cycle.

If anyone from Embarcadero is reading this, any support or suggestions are appreciated!  Going native code may be the only viable long term solution I am disappointed to say...

TIA

P.
0
Paul
12/10/2014 1:01:01 AM
Paul wrote:

> Yes I would expect latest XE7 to work out of the box with 5.x

Why would you expect that when Lollipop is not documented on the list of
supported Android versions?  KitKat is the highest documented version supported.
 Also, Lollipop made some major runtime/ABI changes (switch to ART runtime,
support for 64bit architectures, etc), which is likely why Delphi apps are
crashing.  Java-based apps transition to such changes much easier than DK-based
apps do, and Delphi apps are NDK-based.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Paul Gent wrote:}{quote}
> XE6 latest
> Android L
>
> Hi
>
> My previously working test app crashes out during startup on the latest 5.0.1 android.  I have read the other posts re loading graphics at runtime but my app doesn't have any?
>
> I have a form and a button and a label.  About as simple as you can get.
>
> Any one got XE6 to create an app for Lollipop?
>
> TIA
>
> P.

It happens to me the same. I have apps created with XE5 and do not work on android 5.0.1.
0
Antonio
> Paul wrote:
>
> > Yes I would expect latest XE7 to work out of the box with 5.x
>
> Why would you expect that when Lollipop is not documented on the list of
> supported Android versions?  KitKat is the highest documented version supported.
>  Also, Lollipop made some major runtime/ABI changes (switch to ART runtime,
> support for 64bit architectures, etc), which is likely why Delphi apps are
> crashing.  Java-based apps transition to such changes much easier than DK-based
> apps do, and Delphi apps are NDK-based.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Hi

It does appear that 7 works with Lollipop (certainly from the anecdotal evidence of what I have heard and read), is that not the case?

I'd be happy to discuss my reasons and rational with you offline if you think it would help.

Regards

P.
0
Paul
12/10/2014 11:56:16 PM
"It is an known issue we are building a fix for. We had a solution... but turned out not to be the correct one. So we need a little more time. " - Marco Cantù (Embarcadero)
0
Eli
12/11/2014 1:01:01 AM
"It is an known issue we are building a fix for. We had a solution... but turned out not to be the correct one. So we need a little more time. " - Marco Cantù (Embarcadero)

As I've said in other threads on this topic. You're going to encounter breaking changes no matter what tool you use. Google, Apple, and Facebook regularly break their own platforms and obsolete old solutions including older versions of their own native SDKs.
0
Eli
> Paul wrote:
>
> > Yes I would expect latest XE7 to work out of the box with 5.x
>
> Why would you expect that when Lollipop is not documented on the list of
> supported Android versions?  KitKat is the highest documented version supported.
>  Also, Lollipop made some major runtime/ABI changes (switch to ART runtime,
> support for 64bit architectures, etc), which is likely why Delphi apps are
> crashing.  Java-based apps transition to such changes much easier than DK-based
> apps do, and Delphi apps are NDK-based.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Hi

It does appear that 7 works with Lollipop (certainly from the anecdotal evidence of what I have heard and read), is that not the case?

I'd be happy to discuss my reasons and rational with you offline if you think it would help.

Edit: I reread this and I said what I meant poorly.  By "expect" I was trying to convey "I would presume it is the case that". :)

Regards

P.

Edited by: Paul Gent on Dec 10, 2014 11:45 PM
0
Paul
12/11/2014 4:51:21 AM
> {quote:title=Eli M wrote:}{quote}
> "It is an known issue we are building a fix for. We had a solution... but turned out not to be the correct one. So we need a little more time. " - Marco Cantù (Embarcadero)

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed XE6 will be included in the solution.

😀
0
Paul

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Android Lollipop (5) XE6
Hi, is there a fix for XE6 and Lollipop yet? Basic hello world applications are not running on Lollipop with XE6. Regards, Wesley Wesley Harrison wrote: > Hi, > > is there a fix for XE6 and Lollipop yet? Basic hello world applications are not running on Lollipop with XE6. > > Regards, > Wesley There won't be. CE6 does not support Lollipop and it is highly unusual for them to go back to older versions and add new OS support to them. XE7 supports lollipop. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank Y...

Can I assume the new Nexus 5 will run Delphi Android apps ?
Like a fool I dropped and broke my Galaxy S4, now need to replace it. The Nexus 5 that just came out looks great, and affordable. What I can't tell from any reviews is if it has a ARM and NEON support. Can anyone tell me or point me to a link that answers that ? If I order it I think I need to do it quickly, as the 16G is already sold out. Thanks <John Mitchell> wrote in message news:629970@forums.embarcadero.com... > Like a fool I dropped and broke my Galaxy S4, now need to replace it. The Nexus 5 that just came out looks great, and affordable. What I can't tell f...

Problem in running IOS app
Hi, i have delphi 6 and a mac mavericks 10.9.3 with Xcode 6 beta installed with command line tools for mavericks, the problem is after creating a correct profile and sdk in delphi, when im trying to run a simple app i face this error in IOS Device mode: [DCC Error] E2597 ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libsystem_coretls.dylib for architecture armv7 and in iOS Simulate mode: can't Load Simulate Framework! Pleeeasee Help me.. im stucked for days.. i see no such a .dylib in my mac folder and why simulate (more important this is) is not loading? Thank you. > {quote:ti...

Google Analytics in Android Apps (Delphi XE 5)
Hello, Anybody has integrated Google Analytics API in your Android apps? I cannot find samples or ready FMX components so would be great to get any hints in this direction. JVESoft has a component for XE5 that does it. The component is designed for IOS but it could be converted to Android pretty easy I think. http://www.fmxexpress.com/use-google-analytics-in-your-delphi-firemonkey-ios-apps/ The other option is to use the native Android SDK client this way: http://www.fmxexpress.com/implement-custom-android-sdk-callback-events-with-delphi-xe5-firemonkey-on-android/ ...

is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks.
is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. Have a look in your Android output directory -- Linden "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source" > {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > > > Have a look in ...

Running a Delphi XE7 Android app on an Intel device using Houdini
To run the FireMonkey app Intel (Atom) version Android terminal - RAD Studio XE7 http://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/intel-atom-android-firemonkey-rad-studio-xe7-1-en -- Remy Lebeau (Indy Team) ...

Missing SQLite table column when running Delphi XE6 app on iPad
I have a cross-platform app written in Delphi XE6 (on a Windows XP PC) that uses a SQLite database. Today, within my PC, I added an extra field to one of the tables found within my database. When I run my app on my PC or on an Android tablet, the new field is present. However, when I run the app on an iPad, the new field does not exist. Since they all use the same database, how is it possible that the field exist on my PC and my Android tablet but not on my iPad? Have you tried removing the app completely from the ipad and then re-install? I believe the deployed data files are not overwri...

We recently migrated a PB6.5 application to PB 9 (Ver 9.0.1 Build 6533) and when we run the app in interactive mode, it runs fine but upon exiting the app
We recently migrated a PB6.5 application to PB 9 (Ver 9.0.1 Build 6533) and when we run the app in interactive mode, it runs fine but upon exiting the app - it always generates the following message: PB90.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. If we run the app through the debugger, there is never any such error upon closing out of the application. I can never find any error log file that gets created. We are running the PB code on a Novell network against an Oracle 8 database. Any s...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

I can't to run android apps as android Emulator
I have one laptop of 4 GB of memory. I set one usb device in my laptop as ReadyBoost and i have now 8 GB o memory but i never can to run one android emulator. How i can to fix this for run android app in android emulator? Can i to set Genymotion emulator into delphi? Genymotion is very very faster that Android AVD manager or android Tools. Thanks, Edgar Mejia Android emulators are extremely slow and do not support the same feature set as real devices. It is not recommended to use an Android emulator. If you have an Android device, use your Android device instead. That said...

Get the fat out from XE5 Android apps
In the modern mobile OSes (like iOS and Android) the applications are run into a sandbox for more control, security and performance reasons and there are no (easy) ways to separate/use a "runtime" library (in Delphi's case RTL + FireMonkey) to be shared by multiple apps. This problem is common to all mobile x-plat runtimes/wrappers like Adobe AIR (http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html) or Mono (http://www.mono-project.com). In Delphi's case the problem with the increasingly fat apps (statically linking RTL + FireMonkey to the application binary) comes from the non-optimi...

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

Web resources about - Android Lollipop (5) XE6 apps not running - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Android Lollipop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Android 5.0 "Lollipop" is a version of the Android mobile operating system developed by Google . Unveiled on June 25, 2014, the operating system ...

Sequel In The Works For Viral Facebook App Take This Lollipop
Facebook users took to Take This Lollipop , to the tune of more than 100 million views. How will its potential sequel fare? continued… New ...

Hug Me, Diggle, Bike Race, Twoo, Amazon, Take This Lollipop and more on this week’s emerging Facebook ...
... 260,000 +150,000 + 136% 8. Amazon Sweepstakes 950,000 +130,000 + 16% 9. The Fan Machine 330,000 +120,000 + 57% 10. TakeThisLollipop ...

Chad Lollipop (@ChadLollipop) on Twitter

Lollipop 3: Eggs of Doom on the App Store on iTunes
Get Lollipop 3: Eggs of Doom on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - clavier_android Lollipop - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Is LOLLIPOP CHAINSAW Worth Playing? NEW CHALLENGER - YouTube
Yesterday Anthony reviewed Lollipop Chainsaw. So did Kotaku's Tina Amini. Today they meet up in the studio to talk about what went right and ...

Lollipop lady 'witnessed husband die in Oakleigh crash'
Severely injured when a motorist hit her at a school crossing, "lollipop lady" Susan Parsons hadn't been back on her feet long when another tragedy ...

Lollipop's Playland & Cafe fight: The tears that set in motion horrific brawl at child's birthday party ...
The uncle of the seven-year-old girl at the centre of the brawl at child's birthday party in Sydney's west has described the events leading up ...

New life for Lollipop - Northern Rivers Pets - Animal and Dog News in Northern Rivers - Clarence Valley ...
... BEHIND these beautiful dark brown eyes lies a heartbreaking story of cruel neglect and renewed hope for survival. If five-year-old mare Lollipop ...