Android intent filter: associate app with file extension

Hi,

has someone managed to associate a file extension for a Delphi mobile app?

I tried almost all variants from stackoverflow.com and other sources without successes.

Basically I modified AndroidManifest.template.xml adding intent filters to the only activity section I found (com.embarcadero.firemonkey.FMXNativeActivity)
I use a custom extension and no app is associated with it.

Best Regards,

Kai
0
Kai

Found a solution:

edit file "AndroidManifest.template.xml"

add to the main activity

	<intent-filter
	    android:label="%activityLabel%"
	    android:priority='1'>
	    <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
	    <action android:name="android.intent.action.EDIT" />
	    <action android:name="android.intent.action.PICK" />
	    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
	    <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />

	    <data android:mimeType="text/csv" />
	    <data android:pathPattern="*.csv" />
	</intent-filter>

	<intent-filter>
	    <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
	    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
	    <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />

	    <data android:mimeType="text/csv" android:scheme="http" android:host="*" android:pathPattern=".*\\.csv" />
	    <data android:mimeType="text/csv" android:scheme="https" android:host="*" android:pathPattern=".*\\.csv" />
	 </intent-filter>

the goal was that the intent-filter must have the setting android:label="%activityLabel%"

> {quote:title=Kai Zirlewagen wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> has someone managed to associate a file extension for a Delphi mobile app?
>
> I tried almost all variants from stackoverflow.com and other sources without successes.
>
> Basically I modified AndroidManifest.template.xml adding intent filters to the only activity section I found (com.embarcadero.firemonkey.FMXNativeActivity)
> I use a custom extension and no app is associated with it.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Kai
0
Kai

File extension association
I long time ago I had played with the ShellExecute~ API but could not get it to run properly on a CE device. Does anyone out there have a proper function definition AND function call example that works? I want it to automatically open the proper application based on the file that's passed to it. I don't recall what I may have done wrong but just couldn't get it to work like it does on the desktop. I had settled on a RUN("\windows\iexplore.exe " + as_Filename) function call but this is not an option for a new client - they have everything on the handheld ...

Delphi XE7Pro Android/iOS app
I am trialing XE7 to find out if it supports our needs. In my potential app, the user will be grading various things for self-monitoring. I want to export/import to/from DropBox, so the user can take data with them across Android and iPhone as the user changes. It is not important (although nice) the data is in sync across all devices. What matter more than anything is: Will I with Delphi XE7 Pro be able to download/upload e.g. XML file using DropBox API? Two potential soluttions I can imagine: 1) The user has DropBox installed on the phone which is something I can require witho...

Delphi XE7Pro Android/iOS app
I am trialing XE7 to find out if it supports our needs. In my potential app, the user will be grading various things for self-monitoring. I want to export/import to/from DropBox, so the user can take data with them across Android and iPhone as the user changes. It is not important (although nice) the data is in sync across all devices. What matter more than anything is: Will I with Delphi XE7 Pro be able to download/upload e.g. XML file using DropBox API? Two potential soluttions I can imagine: 1) The user has DropBox installed on the phone which is something I can require witho...

How to change file extension filter for uploading file?
Hi, for a project, I need to write code that will give user the ability upload file onto the server. However, I want to restrict the user by changing the file extension filter of the Browse menu to "*.xls, *.xlsx" only. I know I can use FileUpload and write server & client side validation code, but I'm looking for code that changes the item in the file extension filter. If this cannot be done using FileUpload component (which is available after .NET 2.0 Framework); can anyone please give me some pointers or tips to where should I be look...

shellexecute - REPOST - File extension association
I long time ago I had played with the ShellExecute~ API but could not get it to run properly on a CE device. Does anyone out there have a proper function definition AND function call example that works? I want it to automatically open the proper application based on the file that's passed to it. I don't recall what I may have done wrong but just couldn't get it to work like it does on the desktop. I had settled on a RUN("\windows\iexplore.exe " + as_Filename) function call but this is not an option for a new client - they have everything on the handheld complet...

Need code for Uploading File with file extension filter
Hi, I'm a newbie for ASP.NET using C#, and for a project, I'm suppose to allow user to upload an excel file through web form. This can be done with FileUpload. However, when the user clicks Browse, it pop-up a screen with a mini-explorer function and a file extension filter drop-down list of "All files (*.*)". I want to know how can I change the file extension filter drop down list into (*.xls, *.xlsx) only. That way I don't have to worry about user picking up the wrong file. Although I've searched the forum and many people have said that either i...

Open a PB exe and read the file that is associated with the file extension
Win XP Pro SP2 PB9 build 7119 I have associated a custom file extension (.cext) with my PB exe. The files are simply text files with my custom file extension. //example test.cext 12345,67890,76543 When I double-click one of these files (from windows explorer or the desktop or wherever) my PB exe launches and I successfully get the full path of the file that was clicked from the commandline. as_FileName = "c:\test.cext" FileExists (as_FileName) returns false When I attempt to open that file (FileOpen(as_FileName, StreamMode!, Read!, Shared!)) I get a -1 back...

Get the fat out from XE5 Android apps
In the modern mobile OSes (like iOS and Android) the applications are run into a sandbox for more control, security and performance reasons and there are no (easy) ways to separate/use a "runtime" library (in Delphi's case RTL + FireMonkey) to be shared by multiple apps. This problem is common to all mobile x-plat runtimes/wrappers like Adobe AIR (http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html) or Mono (http://www.mono-project.com). In Delphi's case the problem with the increasingly fat apps (statically linking RTL + FireMonkey to the application binary) comes from the non-optimi...

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

Renaming files during save = Removes file associated extensions and leaves it blank *OSX*
Name: Anthony Email: ekoshyunatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Renaming files during save = Removes file associated extensions and leaves it blank *OSX* Comments: I've been having this issue using Snow Leopard and Firefox 3. Whenever I save a file and rename it, the file extension gets removed and I have to go back in and append it again after the file is saved. Not sure why this is happening. Is it OSX or Firefox? I can't tell. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 From URL: http://hen...

associate file with app
Could someone point me to any information about how to associate specific file extensions with my application? I would like my app to start whenever a file with the specific extension is clicked or doubleclicked (as the case may be) in file explorer. thanks. E Ayliffe wrote: > Could someone point me to any information about how to associate specific file extensions with my application? I would like my app to start whenever a file with the specific extension is clicked or doubleclicked (as the case may be) in file explorer. > > thanks. 1. Open Default Programs by clicking t...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Tip: How to associate files with no extension
I found a neat little tip. In Windows, if you want to treat files with no extension as text files (i.e. open them in Notepad by default) just go to the Start menu > Run, and enter this command: assoc .=txtfile Now editing files with no extension (such as the Hosts file) is not so annoying. > I found a neat little tip. In Windows, if you want to treat files with > no extension as text files (i.e. open them in Notepad by default) just > go to the Start menu > Run, and enter this command: > assoc .=txtfile > Now editing files with no extension (such as...

associated exe for file extension
hi, Does anybody know, how to determine the path and filename of the executable associated with a file extenstions (*.doc, *.jpg etc.) Thanks, Arnoud URL: http:\\www.gloriant.be I think that in My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.XXX where xxx is the file extention tells you the name of the location of the information. For instance If I am looking for .PQA (which is a Palm Query Application in my file manager) My_Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.PQA has the value "pqaFile". Then further looking in My_Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\pqafile\shell\open\comma...

Web resources about - Android intent filter: associate app with file extension - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Berkshire Fine Spinning Associates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Berkshire Mill No. 1, Adams, now converted to apartments. Berkshire Fine Spinning Associates was founded in 1889 as Berkshire Cotton Manufacturing ...

Ex-Hells Angels associate's poor-quality drugs may have sparked demise
A botched drug deal that saw poor-quality drugs handed to an Australian organised crime figure may have been the catalyst for a Sydney underworld ...

Associate Bonus Watch: ‘Very Satisfying’ Bonuses — Plus A Pay Scale Overhaul
Another firm moves away from merit-based compensation and back toward lockstep.

Drake associates Majid Jordan release new song off debut LP; mysterious Toronto artist dvsn streaming ...
by Andrew Sacher If you're not familiar with R&B duo Majid Jordan by name, you surely know Drake's "Hold On We're Going Home" that they're prominently ...

'El Chapo' associate Kate del Castillo investigated, Mexican official says
CNN 'El Chapo' associate Kate del Castillo investigated, Mexican official says CNN (CNN) Actress Kate del Castillo is under investigation ...

Timothy McVeigh Associate Gary Hunt Sends Out A Call To Arms
Reporter JJ McNab posted McVeigh associate Gary Hunt's call to arms to Twitter Tuesday night. Apparently from an email blast, it calls for "all ...

Raconteur Associates Inks First Look Deal With BBC Worldwide
Start-up indie Raconteur Associates has inked a first look deal with BBC Worldwide . The company, which was launched at the end of last year ...

Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Position Held by Lau Associates
Seeking Alpha Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Position Held by Lau Associates EMQ Cisco Systems logo Lau Associates continued to hold its stake ...

Walmart To Raise Wages For 1.2 Million Associates
Walmart is about to raise the pay of more than 1.2 million associates at its Walmart and Sam's Club stores. It's the second phase of a two-year ...

Philly police reportedly warned 3 'radical' associates of terror suspect at large
Philly police reportedly warned 3 'radical' associates of terror suspect at large