Android AVD - How to use Genymotion with Delphi XE5

I use the Genymotion AVD in Eclipse and it works fine. Much faster than the standard AVD's provided for in Android Eclipse.

In Delphi XE5 the Genymotion AVD shows up in the right panel as a recognized Android device. I have the AVD running in the background (Nexus 4). Unfortunately I'm not able to use Delphi XE5 with the Genymotion AVD. Here is the error message after the project attempts to launch:

Unable to create process: Unable to install c:\path of sample application\forms.apk.
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE]

Any help debugging this error?
0
Dave

Dave wrote:

> Unfortunately I'm not able to use Delphi XE5 with the Genymotion AVD.
> Here is the error message after the project attempts to launch:
>
> Unable to create process: Unable to install c:\path of sample
> application\forms.apk. Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE]

Genymotion is an x86-based emulator.  It cannot run native ARM apps, like
Delphi apps.  It can only run Java-based apps (which most Android apps are).
 That is why Delphi is complaining about an incompatible CPU ABI.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Does Delphi XE5 on Android work with the Android emulator? [Edit]
I find that even a hello-world app exactly like the one that David I outlines (add a button, one line of code, set button text) will not run on the Android Emulator configured out of the box. First, after installing the Rad Studio XE5 trial, I followed David I's steps exactly, and the emulator would not even start. Then I clicked Android SDK manager, updated it, and clicked run-without-debugging. It asked me if I wanted to start the emulator this time so I did. Now the Firemonkey app will not start up the emulator, and while it does appear to start debugging, the emulator scree...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

To use or not to use Delphi

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Web resources about - Android AVD - How to use Genymotion with Delphi XE5 - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Genymotion
Genymotion, the fastest Android emulator for app testing and presentation

How do you install Google frameworks (Play, Accounts, etc.) on a Genymotion virtual device?
Note(Feb 2nd): Contrary to previous reports, it's been discovered that Android 4.4 does in fact work with ARM translation, although it is buggy. ...

Android virtual devices: AVD Manager versus Genymotion
... and debugging, two names are thrown around quite a bit: the Android Virtual Device (AVD) Manager, that is included in Android Studio; and Genymotion, ...

Genymotion lets you emulate Android directly from your desktop
... whole hog and spending good money before giving it a whirl? There’s a simple solution to all of the above and that’s to install the free Genymotion ...

Genymotion-ARM-Translation_v1.1.zip (8.96 MB) free instant download - FileTrip
Download, view or watch Genymotion-ARM-Translation_v1.1.zip (8.96 MB) free and instantly from our download center.

じぇい (@kasajei) on Twitter

DEVOXX
Devoxx conference schedule and speakers

How To Run Android On Mac OS X, Windows & Linux With Genymotion
Genymotion is a fast, VirtualBox-based Android emulator for Windows, OS X & Linux. In this article, we present a complete guide to setting it ...

The Android Arsenal - A categorized directory of paid libraries and tools for Android
A categorized directory of paid libraries and tools for Android

Genymotion – An Android emulator you can use
The following guest blog post is from Titan Trevor Ward . Thanks for the contribution, Trevor. I was fortunate to attend the Titanium App Camp ...