FireDac XE4 version with Delphi 2006

We recently purchase FireDac XE4 to use with Delphi 2006. After following the instructions for installing (with the /showide parameter) I got it installed fine but I'm unable to use it. If I simple place a TADConnection on a form, run it and close the app I get an exception:

---------------------------
Debugger Exception Notification
---------------------------
Project testfiredac.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 0052D4CA in module 'testfiredac.exe'. Read of address 000000D0'.
---------------------------
Break   Continue   Help
---------------------------

And it's dying in uADCompClient.pas, TADCustomManager.Destroy

line 2403: ADFreeAndNil(FConnections)

The version we got was

FireDAC_8.0.1.3279.exe

We previously had the AnyDac trial version install and it worked fine.

I have two question:
1. Is anyone else seeing this behavior with Delphi 2006
2. Did we get the correct version to use with Delphi 2006?
0
Corey

Hello Corey

You should upgrade to 8.0.5:
http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29458

For that:
- uninstall FireDAC
- remove all AnyDAC*.bpl and dcp
- remove all uAD*.dcu
- install 8.0.5

Regards,
Dmitry
0
Dmitry
11/27/2013 4:04:03 AM
Dmitry Arefiev wrote:
> Hello Corey
>
> You should upgrade to 8.0.5:
> http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29458
>
> For that:
> - uninstall FireDAC
> - remove all AnyDAC*.bpl and dcp
> - remove all uAD*.dcu
> - install 8.0.5
>
> Regards,
> Dmitry

It's unlikely you will be able to download what Dmitry has provided
here. However, http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29457 is the same and it
should work for you. Note that you'll need to register FireDAC first.
Instructions for doing so are here:
http://support.embarcadero.com/article/43097
0
quinn
12/2/2013 7:14:31 PM
Thanks for your response. I did need to register the original purchase. Except now instead of getting a "you are not authorized" message, I'm getting a "There is not enough space on the disk" error message when i click on the download link. May be the site, I have almost 400GB free.

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Dmitry Arefiev wrote:
> > Hello Corey
> >
> > You should upgrade to 8.0.5:
> > http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29458
> >
> > For that:
> > - uninstall FireDAC
> > - remove all AnyDAC*.bpl and dcp
> > - remove all uAD*.dcu
> > - install 8.0.5
> >
> > Regards,
> > Dmitry
> >
> It's unlikely you will be able to download what Dmitry has provided
> here. However, http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29457 is the same and it
> should work for you. Note that you'll need to register FireDAC first.
> Instructions for doing so are here:
> http://support.embarcadero.com/article/43097
0
Corey
12/3/2013 2:23:09 PM
Update. I was able to get the new version downloaded using an FTP link from support. I'm still getting the AV though.

I have a blank form. I put a TADConnection on the form. Run the app and then shut down and I get an AV freeing connections in the TADCustomManager.Destroy destructor.

All information from my original post is the same except now I'm using version 8.0.5.3365

Edit: It appears that I don't get the error if I'm running with Optimization off. so you need to have Optimization checked in order for this error to happen.

> {quote:title=Corey Marques wrote:}{quote}
> We recently purchase FireDac XE4 to use with Delphi 2006. After following the instructions for installing (with the /showide parameter) I got it installed fine but I'm unable to use it. If I simple place a TADConnection on a form, run it and close the app I get an exception:
>
> ---------------------------
> Debugger Exception Notification
> ---------------------------
> Project testfiredac.exe raised exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 0052D4CA in module 'testfiredac.exe'. Read of address 000000D0'.
> ---------------------------
> Break   Continue   Help
> ---------------------------
>
> And it's dying in uADCompClient.pas, TADCustomManager.Destroy
>
> line 2403: ADFreeAndNil(FConnections)
>
> The version we got was
>
> FireDAC_8.0.1.3279.exe
>
> We previously had the AnyDac trial version install and it worked fine.
>
> I have two question:
> 1. Is anyone else seeing this behavior with Delphi 2006
> 2. Did we get the correct version to use with Delphi 2006?

Edited by: Corey Marques on Dec 3, 2013 8:32 AM
0
Corey

FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4
Hi, Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? Thanks, Luk Luk Smolders wrote: >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where >can I download FireDAC for Delphi Pro XE4? I got mine from https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29369 Cheers, Nick -- Sent from my XanaNews v1.19.1.373 > {quote:title=Nicholas Ring wrote:}{quote} > Luk Smolders wrote: > > >Being a Delphi Pro XE4 user with a valid FireDAC subscription, where > >can I download FireDAC for Delp...

What Delphi versions the latest FireDac supports?
I'm using Delphi XE4. If I buy the latest FireDac, will it support that Delphi version? There is no mention of that in the sales docs. Please add such information. But when it was AnyDac, it always continued supporting old versions so one could buy at any point and use it. This means that if I missed buying FireDAC earlier with Delphi XE4, I have to spend extra money to upgrade to the latest Delphi just for that even when I don't need the newer Delphi? Isn't it a faulty policy? All other Delphi third party components continue supporting old Delphi versions. Another question: ...

What Delphi versions the latest FireDac supports?
I'm using Delphi XE4. If I buy the latest FireDac, will it support that Delphi version? There is no mention of that in the sales docs. Please add such information. > I'm using Delphi XE4. If I buy the latest FireDac, will it support that Delphi version? There is no mention of that in the sales docs. Please add such information. I believe - no. Latest FireDAC version supports only latest RAD Studio version. -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect But when it was AnyDac, it always continued supporting old versions so one could buy at any point and use it....

FireDac Update 1 on Delphi XE4
Ok, I was able to download FireDac on our Mac and at home, so it seems that I can't download update 1 on our regular computers. However, am I mistaken when I say that there is no way to install the new FireDac update into Delphi XE4? If you use the showide parameter, Delphi XE4 will not show up. Thanks > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > Ok, I was able to download FireDac on our Mac and at home, so it seems that I can't download update 1 on our regular computers. > > However, am I mistaken when I say that there is no way to install the new FireDac upd...

Where found Firedac Trial for Delphi Xe4 Trial
In Delphi Xe4 Trial not have Firedac. Where found Firedac Trial for Test? > Where found Firedac Trial for Test? "There is not a trial available" according to: http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/firedac-faq -- With best regards, Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect FireDAC - Firebird, SQLite, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, SQL Anywhere, Access, Informix, ODBC high-speed data access lib ...

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Where can I find a Delphi XE4 FireDac SQLite for IOS?
Where can I find a good example of using Delphi XE4 FireDac SQLite for IOS? I am unable to use append and edit without getting strange data corruptions. An append is overwriting the last appended or editted record and then all other records are corrupted with foreign characters. Just need a good solid example to get started. Create the database and tables on the device. Do not want to use inserts or updates. Want to use the append, edit, and delete functionality from the client dataset components. Maintain storage on device. Strange that no SQLite examples with IOS are with s...

Delphi 2006 product activation (re end of support for Delphi 2006) [Edit]
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to activate my copy of 2006 on any future installation right? Edited by: David Howes on Jul 18, 2009 9:53 AM David Howes wrote: > Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to acti...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 U1 (iOS) Delphi XE4 PRO
I own RAD Studio XE4 and after installing FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 Update 1 from here: ID 29410, FireDAC XE4 for RAD Studio Pro & Delphi Pro w/ Mobile - Update 1 http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29410 .... I get this error ... "Can't load package C:\Users\UserXE4\Documents\RADStudio\11.0\Bpl\AnyDAC_Dcl_D18.bpl ..." The bpl is definitely not there and it look like the installer didn''t copied/compiled the dpk/bpl for RAD Studio IDE use .... Any hints/workarounds ? Hello Ciprian Please check AnyDAC*.bpl's in FireDAC\Dcu\D18\win32 folder. If the BPL's ar...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source to remove this issue. To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: {code} with qryExample.ParamByName('Example_id') do Begin DataType:=ftInteger; Clear; // Bound := True; End; {code} > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > To set the Param on NULL value before executing the query I do: >...

FireDac Delphi Xe2
Hello, I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. It doesn't work. Maybe someone know what I have to change in FiredAc source ro remove this issue. I suggest to the FireDAC newgroup. You'll probably get a better response there. Sebastian Kumor wrote: > Hello, > I have FireDac components installed to Delphi Xe2, > My version of FireDac is 8.0.1 but in this version I have probelm with TAdoquery with StrsEmpty2Null param. > It doesn't work. Mayb...

Web resources about - FireDac XE4 version with Delphi 2006 - embarcadero.delphi.firedac

DSP Engineer - Jobs - CFO World - Finance & Technology
CFOworld.com.au covers accounting, risk management, taxation, technology and financial news from ASX-listed companies.

Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE7
CSO Australia - News, Industry Blogs, Tools and Resources for Data Security Executives

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables

Embarcadero Webinars

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 (Delphi, C++Builder): is seven the magic number?
Embarcadero has released version 7 of its XE programming suite. The main products included are Delphi and C++ Builder, RAD development tools ...

Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 - Dr Dobb's
Extends Windows to mobile devices, gadgets, and wearables