Get Hard Disk Serial Number Delphi XE3

I have been using this great component from Devlib for many years in D7, D2010 and XE2
http://www.devlib.net/tgetdiskserial.htm
The Delphi XE3 VCL installs without problem, but in an application the GetDiskSerial registrations are not recognised and Delphi... crashes (Close down)!
They claim it works but not on my computer.

Please install this and report if it works on your Delphi XE3 system?
0
Pieter
11/28/2012 2:00:27 PM
embarcadero.delphi.deployment 422 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Pieter van Wyk wrote:}{quote}
> Please install this and report if it works on your Delphi XE3 system?

I looked as far as the 'buy' button and just started laughing

You can get all that information and more from WMI
Magenta systems do it for free http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/magwmi.asp
Try the included demo exe and query Win32_DiskDrive
0
karl
11/28/2012 2:10:39 PM
Hi my friend,
this provides the unchangeable manufacturer's serial number.
You are referring to the soft hard disk serial number that can be changed with an editor.
0
Pieter
11/28/2012 2:18:01 PM
> {quote:title=Pieter van Wyk wrote:}{quote}
> Hi my friend,
> this provides the unchangeable manufacturer's serial number.
> You are referring to the soft hard disk serial number that can be changed with an editor.

No, it's the physical number
eg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/examplehl.png/
0
karl
11/28/2012 2:32:21 PM
And the image, with the display scrolled to the left so you can actually see what each line of information refers to
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/examplell.png/
0
karl
11/28/2012 2:37:00 PM
Thank you Karl,
I am checking this out, P
0
Pieter

How to get hard disk serial number for NT
For windows 95 and 98, I can use an API call 'GetVolumeInformationA' to get the hard disk number of a local hard-disk. However it does not work for NT 4.0 workstation and servers. The serial number returned is '0000-0000' which is incorrect. Please advice if there is another specific API call for getting serial number from a NT 4.0 workstation. Tilden That function is supposed to work on NT as well. However, the function itself has a bug with regard to reporting the serial number for remote drives. You might want to look at: http://support.microsoft.com...

How to get the hard disk serial number of a network drive?
I know that there is a function called 'GetVolumeInformationA' and with this funcion, I can get the serial number of a local drive. However when I change the local drive to network drive (say Z:) as below: lb_ret = GetVolumeInformationA("Z:\", VolName, Len(VolName), VolSerial, MCompLen, VolFlgs, VolFileSys, Len(VolFileSys)) 0 instead of a proper serial number is returned as the VolSerial. Please advise! Tilden Lau Doesn't the solution given for the local harddrive on wednesday work on the network? -Charles Tin wrote: > I know tha...

Getting MAC address or Serial number of Hard disk
Hi, I would like to track whether my client come back my site or not. Is it possible to get MAC address or Serial Number of hard disk of client PC accessing our site?ThanksTran Hong Quang There is no direct way of doing this in ASP.NET. However, you could use WMI in ASP.NET, and I beleive WMI can tell you that information.Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog...

Need code to get hard disk serial number
Does anyone have a working piece of PowerScript code to read the hard disk volume serial number under Win95? This is the eight character string (such as '3733-1ED8') that you see when you run the ChkDsk command. Thanks in advance, Justin - Remove the X from my reply to address! - Justin Purington jnp@mottthehoople.mv.com - Use this API function GetVolumnInformationA( ) This function returns information about the harddrive. Global External Function: FUNCTION boolean GetVolumeInformation(ref string lpRootPathName,ref string lpVolumeNameBuffer,ulong nVolu...

Delphi XE3 plus CBuilder XE3 demo is still Delphi only
Have Delphi XE3 installed (and registered), tried to install the CBuilder XE3 demo to see if it work as required. The result is that only Delphi was updated and no CBuilder available. Is there a way to test it - I would have upgraded to full RadStudio but doubted the CBuilder 64 bit compiler would be available in time (deadline is almost here and already ported the code to VC++ but don't particularly like it). ...

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Delphi XE3 RTM does not signal update 1 availability + XE3 version numbers
My XE3 installation (done from a downloaded ISO that I did not know the version of) installed version 17.0.4625.53395 The update check (automatic and manual) only indicated that Help Update 1 was available. I tried Googling if 17.0.4625.53395 was the RTM or Update 1 version, but I only found 36000 hits for illegal downloads ;-( So I took the trouble of downloading and running the Update 1 executable and voila, the version is now 17.0.4723.55752. So is just a post for others looking for the version info... I might just save you the extra hourv that I had to spend. And XE3 update 2 ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Get Hard disk serial no.
Hi, I have a requirement, where I need help. We are developing a VB application, where I need to avoid users from misusing the application. So we track the serial no of the hard disk on which he has installed the program. But the issue here is that we are not able to get the actual Harddisk number of the system from where we are running the application. We are making use of an OCX file and try to get the Serial No. This OCX returns the serial no of the hard disk on which the application is developed on. But if the same app is run from a differnt system as an exe, then it returns the sl...

Where could i find a Serial Number for Delphi?
Just wondering where i might find the serial number of it. If you bought physical product, it's in the box somewhere. If you bought electronic (ESD) the serial number gets emailed to you. Jorge Lopez wrote: > Just wondering where i might find the serial number of it. Hi Jorge, > Just wondering where i might find the serial number of it. Contact your local reseller (or the shop where you bought your copy of Delphi)... Groetjes, Bob Swart -- Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi CodeGear Technology Partner -- Co...

Hard Disk Serial Number
Hi All, I there any one who can tell me how to get a Hard Disk Serial number(Volum Number). Thanks PS: I am really appreciate if you could give me the code. GetVolumeInformationA. Here's the declaration for it: FUNCTION boolean GetVolumeInformationA( string lpRootPathName, // address of root directory of the file system REF string lpVolumeNameBuffer, // address of name of the volume ulong nVolumeNameSize, // length of lpVolumeNameBuffer REF ulong lpVolumeSerialNumber, // address of volume serial number REF ulong lpMaximumCompon...

ArcGIS runtime errors after upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3
We have an application written in Delphi Pascal that accesses the ArcGIS 9.3 API through the COM interface. We recently upgraded from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3 and ever since we upgraded we have been getting runtime errors in the ArcGIS libraries that we were not getting before. Specifically the error is always "invalid floating point operation". The first one that was occurring was happening in the method "sg.SgCoordRefSetZ". I was able to eliminate this error by adding a call to FGeoSpatialReference.SetZDomain(-10000, 100000.0) even though there is nowhere that we&#...

Web resources about - Get Hard Disk Serial Number Delphi XE3 - embarcadero.delphi.deployment

Serial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Serial Innovation
This is a very interesting site done by Brendan Steidle. He doesn’t just point out problems with a company or industries, he tries to offer solutions ...

Netflix takes a page from Serial in gripping documentary series Making a Murderer
Our thirst for grim, riveting true crime isn't going anywhere.

Netflix takes a page from Serial in gripping documentary series Making a Murderer
Our thirst for grim, riveting true crime isn't going anywhere.

Season 2 of the hugely popular (and compelling) podcast Serial now available on iTunes
Serial was one of the most compelling podcast series I’ve ever listened to, and was directly responsible for my sleep deprivation in the week ...

Season two of the gripping podcast Serial is now available
From the creators of The American Life and hosted by Sarah Koenig, the popular podcast Serial began last year. Telling a true story surrounding ...

A Serial Rapist Gets His Due
Some good news for a change : It took 45 hours over the course of four days for an all-white jury in Oklahoma City to decide whether or not ...

Bowe Bergdahl's AWOL explanation airs on "Serial" - Videos - CBS News
House Republicans accuse the Obama administration of misleading Congress about the prisoner exchange for Bowe Bergdahl. The Army sergeant was ...

Did 'Serial' get Bowe Bergdahl court-martialed?
To one former military lawyer, Bowe Bergdahl's statements to the 'Serial' podcast might have made it a 'no-brainer' for the Army to court-martial ...

Oklahoma serial rapist cop convicted, media couldn't care less
Former Oklahoma police officer Daniel Holtzclaw was convicted Thursday on 18 of 36 charges of rape and sexual assault against 13 black women ...