MYSQL and DBexpress with Delphi 2009

Hello,

I'm coming from D4 and my knowledge regarding D2009 is at the begining!
I'm trying to connect a MYSQL database with a Tsqlconnection and I get the message that the Libmysql.dll library may be missing from the system path. ( error code 998)
I checked the PATH variable and check that windows \system32 was present , and it was the case ( I've copied the dll file there)

I'm lost and I don't know how I have to manage this issue.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards
Patrick

PS : with ADO through ODBC it works well.
0
Patrick
5/22/2009 4:36:52 PM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Patrick Duchesne-Thirion wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> I'm coming from D4 and my knowledge regarding D2009 is at the begining!
> I'm trying to connect a MYSQL database with a Tsqlconnection and I get the message that the Libmysql.dll library may be missing from the system path. ( error code 998)
> I checked the PATH variable and check that windows \system32 was present , and it was the case ( I've copied the dll file there)
>
> I'm lost and I don't know how I have to manage this issue.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Best regards
> Patrick
>
> PS : with ADO through ODBC it works well.

Hello,

In fact the message comes when I click on CONNECTED to start the connection through the Object Inspector
When I run the program the connection is done.
But, I got another message when I try opening the table in the database.
The database name is test and the table essai
I got a message where the table test.essai doesn't exits
Why is the name of the database added upfront the table name ?
Thankls in advance
Patrick
0
Patrick
5/23/2009 11:10:03 AM
> {quote:title=Patrick Duchesne-Thirion wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> I'm coming from D4 and my knowledge regarding D2009 is at the begining!
> I'm trying to connect a MYSQL database with a Tsqlconnection and I get the message that the Libmysql.dll library may be missing from the system path. ( error code 998)
> I checked the PATH variable and check that windows \system32 was present , and it was the case ( I've copied the dll file there)
>
> I'm lost and I don't know how I have to manage this issue.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Best regards
> Patrick
>
> PS : with ADO through ODBC it works well.

Found !!
The case is sensitive  !!!

Patrick
0
Patrick

Web resources about - MYSQL and DBexpress with Delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress

Delphi (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delphi's compilers use their own Object Pascal dialect of Pascal and generate native code for several platforms: 32- and 64-bit Windows , 32-bit ...

Latest apps in Browsers, Devart and Free to try - CNET Australia
CNET CNET Australia CNET is available in the following editions: Asia Australia China France Germany Japan United Kingdom USA Home Phones Computers ...

Software Development - ZDNet
New frameworks are emerging to give developers multiple tools to invent the future.

dbForge Fusion for SQL Server - Whatsnew
New features in the latest version of dbForge Fusion for SQL Server plugin for Visual Studio.

Solution Wizard - Easysoft.com
Products Services Solutions Support OEM Company Blog Easysoft Data Access Solution Wizard CONNECT FROM (CLIENT) Select ONE of the following options: ...

FireMonkey Q&A
Questions and answers from a FireMonkey webinar

Borland Delphi 6 Developer's Guide - Steve Teixeira, Xavier Pacheco - Google Books
... Delphi 6 Developer's Guide is completely updated for Delphi 6 and includes in-depth coverage on Borland's new CLX architecture, DBExpress Applications, ...

Te Waka o Pascal · EULA Change: No Client/Server in XE3 Pro. Not even 3rd Party.
I don’t enjoy posting this news. I really don’t. I had hoped that my next post would be a more positive report following the Auckland leg of ...

Embarcadero Delphi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delphi was originally developed by Borland as a rapid application development tool for Windows, and as the successor of Borland Pascal . Delphi ...

Embarcadero Delphi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To create applications for managed code platforms, a similar (but not mutually compatible) alternative is Delphi Prism . Delphi was originally ...