Int64 - and DBExpress... Delphi 2009

I have just switched to using Int64 in a Database application using
Delphi 2009.  I am accessing MSSQL Server BigInt fields.

The message I get is

'dbExpress driver does not support the TDBXTTypes.INT64 data type'

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this??

G. Bradley MacDonald
brad_AT_timeacct_DOT_com
0
Bradley
2/24/2009 7:04:58 AM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Bradley MacDonald" <brad_AT_timeacct_DOT_com> wrote in message

> I have just switched to using Int64 in a Database application using
> Delphi 2009.  I am accessing MSSQL Server BigInt fields.
>
> The message I get is
>
> 'dbExpress driver does not support the TDBXTTypes.INT64 data type'
>
> Any thoughts as to what might be causing this??

The error is self-explanatory - the particular dbExpress driver you are
using does not support the 'bigint' type.  Try upgrading to a newer version
of the driver, or to a different driver, that does.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
<no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote:

>"Bradley MacDonald" <brad_AT_timeacct_DOT_com> wrote in message
>
>> I have just switched to using Int64 in a Database application using
>> Delphi 2009.  I am accessing MSSQL Server BigInt fields.
>>
>> The message I get is
>>
>> 'dbExpress driver does not support the TDBXTTypes.INT64 data type'
>>
>> Any thoughts as to what might be causing this??
>
>The error is self-explanatory - the particular dbExpress driver you are
>using does not support the 'bigint' type.  Try upgrading to a newer version
>of the driver, or to a different driver, that does.
Remy :)   I kind of figured that out...  However, I am using the
driver that comes with Delphi 2009... I just kind of thought it would
support the BigInt...

Anyway - thanks for the comment.

Bradley
0
Bradley

Web resources about - Int64 - and DBExpress... Delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress

Delphi (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delphi's compilers use their own Object Pascal dialect of Pascal and generate native code for several platforms: 32- and 64-bit Windows , 32-bit ...

Latest apps in Browsers, Devart and Free to try - CNET Australia
CNET CNET Australia CNET is available in the following editions: Asia Australia China France Germany Japan United Kingdom USA Home Phones Computers ...

Software Development - ZDNet
New frameworks are emerging to give developers multiple tools to invent the future.

dbForge Fusion for SQL Server - Whatsnew
New features in the latest version of dbForge Fusion for SQL Server plugin for Visual Studio.

Solution Wizard - Easysoft.com
Products Services Solutions Support OEM Company Blog Easysoft Data Access Solution Wizard CONNECT FROM (CLIENT) Select ONE of the following options: ...

FireMonkey Q&A
Questions and answers from a FireMonkey webinar

Borland Delphi 6 Developer's Guide - Steve Teixeira, Xavier Pacheco - Google Books
... Delphi 6 Developer's Guide is completely updated for Delphi 6 and includes in-depth coverage on Borland's new CLX architecture, DBExpress Applications, ...

Te Waka o Pascal · EULA Change: No Client/Server in XE3 Pro. Not even 3rd Party.
I don’t enjoy posting this news. I really don’t. I had hoped that my next post would be a more positive report following the Auckland leg of ...

Embarcadero Delphi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delphi was originally developed by Borland as a rapid application development tool for Windows, and as the successor of Borland Pascal . Delphi ...

Embarcadero Delphi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To create applications for managed code platforms, a similar (but not mutually compatible) alternative is Delphi Prism . Delphi was originally ...