Delphi 2009 dbExpress can suppot Oracle 8i

I want to know Delphi 2009 dbExpress can suppot Oracle 8i?

ps:
Supported Servers
dbExpress

    * Blackfish SQL Server 8.0
    * InterBase 2009, 2007, 7.5.1, 7.1*, 7.0*, 6.5* (All) (Driver dbxINT.dll, Client GDS32.DLL)
    * Adaptive Sybase Anywhere 9, 8* (Ent) (Driver dbxASA.dll, Client dbodbc9.dll)
    * DB2 UDB 8.x, 7.x* (Ent) (Driver dbxDB2.dll, Client db2cli.dll)
    * Informix 9.x (Ent) (Driver dbxINF.dll, Client isqlb09a.dll)
    * MSSQL 2005, 2000 (Ent) (Driver dbxMSS.dll, Client oledb.dll)
    * MySQL 4.0.24 (All) (Driver dbxMYSA.dll, Client libmysql.dll)
      Note: No change from dbxMYS.dll of Delphi 2007. It is renamed.
    * MySQL 5.0.27, 4.1* (All) (Driver dbxMYS.dll, Client libmysql.dll)
    * Oracle 10g, 9.2.0*, 9.1.0* (Ent) (Driver dbxora.dll, Client OCI.DLL)
0
liuke
4/14/2009 2:16:44 AM
embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress 764 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello liuke

> I want to know Delphi 2009 dbExpress can suppot Oracle 8i?

I never have tried, but dbExp driver for D2009 is Unicode enabled.
Oracle client offers "full-scale" Unicode API starting from v 9. So,
IMHO, this dbExp driver may fail on Oracle 8.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev

Can't view DbExpress component in delphi 2009
Hi I'm installing the trial version of delphi 2009 and I can't see the DbExpress components in the palette of components Can you help me thanks Edited by: jaafar farissi on Dec 18, 2008 2:36 AM ...

[Delphi 2009 / dbExpress / MySQL] Can get SELECT to work...
Hi, I have probably the same troubles as more people here, for example https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=62088&tstart=0 . I have SQL query: SELECT maps.idmaps AS `MapID`, eventshistory.id AS `EventID`, maps.userid AS `UserID`, maps.typeees AS `Typeees`, CAST(users.bgzw AS SIGNED) AS `BGZW`, users.username AS `Username`, users.no1 AS `No1`, CAST(users.more_no AS SIGNED) AS `MoreNos`, users.no2 AS `No2`, eventshistory.eventName AS `EventTitle`, eventshistory.eventWho AS `EventWho` FROM eventshistory, maps INNER JOIN users ON users.userID=maps.userid WHERE (eventshist...

Delphi 2009 dbExpress - missing dbxmss.dll
Hi, I'm trying to use dbExpress to connect to my MSSQL 2008 database which is on my development PC. I am using the Delphi 2009 architect trial version. I have set the SqlConnection params correctly but at run time I get the error "Unable to load dbxmss.dll(ErrorCode 126).It may be missing from the system path". Should dbxmss.dll have been installed with Delphi 2009? I can't find any help online. Any help appreciated. Regards Frances Edited by: Frances Nelson on Jun 10, 2009 5:41 AM Hello Frances dbExpress in D2009 does not support (at least officiall...

Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?
Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same computer or will they interfer with each other? I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) when installing 2009? Lorne Anderson wrote: > Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same > computer or will they interfer with each other? > > I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland) > when installing 2009? It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first. As for folders, the root folde...

dbExpress ApplyUpdates Delphi 2009
Hi, I'm just trying to change my applications for use with Delphi 2009. In Delphi 2007 i have implemented database-accessing to informix with dbexpress-components and client-datasets. After posting changes I call ApplyUpdates(0) for write Data to DB and everything works fine. Than I startet the same project with Delphi 2009. Now everytime I call ApplyUpdates(0) I got an Exception and the event OnReconcileError shows the error message 'A syntax error has accured.' I dont have any idea, why that happens. Could somebody help me? Joe ...

Int64
I have just switched to using Int64 in a Database application using Delphi 2009. I am accessing MSSQL Server BigInt fields. The message I get is 'dbExpress driver does not support the TDBXTTypes.INT64 data type' Any thoughts as to what might be causing this?? G. Bradley MacDonald brad_AT_timeacct_DOT_com "Bradley MacDonald" <brad_AT_timeacct_DOT_com> wrote in message news:84676@forums.codegear.com... > I have just switched to using Int64 in a Database application using > Delphi 2009. I am accessing MSSQL Server BigInt fields. > ...

MYSQL and DBexpress with Delphi 2009
Hello, I'm coming from D4 and my knowledge regarding D2009 is at the begining! I'm trying to connect a MYSQL database with a Tsqlconnection and I get the message that the Libmysql.dll library may be missing from the system path. ( error code 998) I checked the PATH variable and check that windows \system32 was present , and it was the case ( I've copied the dll file there) I'm lost and I don't know how I have to manage this issue. Thanks in advance for your help. Best regards Patrick PS : with ADO through ODBC it works well. > {quote:title=Patrick Duchesn...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Can I update my Delphi 2007 lincense to Delphi 2009?
Hi all!! I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. Are there any reason for that? Can I update my version of Delphi? > {quote:title=Oscar Estevez wrote:}{quote} > Hi all!! > > I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. > Are there any reason for that? > > Can I update my version of Delphi? ...

DBExpress terrible performance when migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Hi, When I'm migrating my project from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007, I found that the speed slow down 3-4 times. I've started to investigate what is the reason of that and I've found that the problem is in the TSQLDataset component. So I make a simple example of an application that run one of my problem queries that fetches about 30000 rows and the result was amazing d7: 1500ms, d2007: 13500ms 8 times slower !!!! Here are some perameters of the TSQLConnection Delphi 7: object SQLConn: TSQLConnection ConnectionName = 'OracleConnection' DriverName = '...

Importing Delphi 2009 project in Delphi 2006
I've been using Delphi 2006 for a while and have never really felt the need to upgrade to a newer release given the expense. I'm looking at taking over on a project from someone else who developed it in Delphi 2009. The only code incompatibilities he can think of is some of the Unicode changes that were introduced after D2006 but that should be fairly easy to fix. My main concern is whether or not a project that was created in Delphi 2009 can even be *opened* in Delphi 2006. I don't know how file exte nsions or formats have changed between the two versions. Can anyone give me...

Delphi 2009/dbExpress/Data Explorer
When I use the Data Explorer SQL Window to query a MSSQL table, the result set seems to be limited to 100 rows. Is this correct? If yes, is it a limitation of Data Explorer? Can I increase the number of rows returned from a SQL Window query. If not, I guess I will have to use MS SQL Enterprise Manager... Thanks for any insights you may have! ...

Delphi XE2 - dbExpress
Hello, I am using Delphi XE2 and dbExpress in my application. While developing I come to know that I need to install SQL Native client to use MSSQL as driver in dbExpress connection setup (as client machine don’t have SQL installed on it) Could you please let me know which client I need to install if I want to use Oracle as a Driver in dbExpress (as client machine don’t have any Oracle component installed)? Looking forward for quick response. You can use two Oracle Client types: the installed client or the instant client not requiring installation. You can download both clients from...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Web resources about - Delphi 2009 dbExpress can suppot Oracle 8i - embarcadero.delphi.dbexpress

Delphi (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delphi's compilers use their own Object Pascal dialect of Pascal and generate native code for several platforms: 32- and 64-bit Windows , 32-bit ...

Latest apps in Browsers, Devart and Free to try - CNET Australia
CNET CNET Australia CNET is available in the following editions: Asia Australia China France Germany Japan United Kingdom USA Home Phones Computers ...

Software Development - ZDNet
New frameworks are emerging to give developers multiple tools to invent the future.

dbForge Fusion for SQL Server - Whatsnew
New features in the latest version of dbForge Fusion for SQL Server plugin for Visual Studio.

Solution Wizard - Easysoft.com
Products Services Solutions Support OEM Company Blog Easysoft Data Access Solution Wizard CONNECT FROM (CLIENT) Select ONE of the following options: ...

FireMonkey Q&A
Questions and answers from a FireMonkey webinar

Borland Delphi 6 Developer's Guide - Steve Teixeira, Xavier Pacheco - Google Books
... Delphi 6 Developer's Guide is completely updated for Delphi 6 and includes in-depth coverage on Borland's new CLX architecture, DBExpress Applications, ...

Te Waka o Pascal · EULA Change: No Client/Server in XE3 Pro. Not even 3rd Party.
I don’t enjoy posting this news. I really don’t. I had hoped that my next post would be a more positive report following the Auckland leg of ...

Embarcadero Delphi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delphi was originally developed by Borland as a rapid application development tool for Windows, and as the successor of Borland Pascal . Delphi ...

Embarcadero Delphi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To create applications for managed code platforms, a similar (but not mutually compatible) alternative is Delphi Prism . Delphi was originally ...