Using MySQL from a Delphi application

Hi All:
How can I access a remote MySQL database (hosted by JumpLine.com or whatever ISP)   from a Delphi application. It seems that the preferred tool for accessing MySQL´s databases is PHP. The scenario is simple: I have a Delphi application to manage support calls using a local MS SQL Server, but I need to access data from anywhere NOT using a browser. The application MUST be written in Delphi and running locally. Any ideas?
Regards

Francisco Alvarado
0
Anonymous

Francisco Alvarado wrote:

> Hi All:
> How can I access a remote MySQL database (hosted by JumpLine.com or
> whatever ISP)   from a Delphi application. It seems that the
> preferred tool for accessing MySQL´s databases is PHP.

The database access is tyically done by a program running through a web
server, so the database access part is on the server side, regardless
of which language it is written in.

> The scenario
> is simple: I have a Delphi application to manage support calls using
> a local MS SQL Server, but I need to access data from anywhere NOT
> using a browser. The application MUST be written in Delphi and
> running locally.

On the clients PC? I doubt that any provider would give you direct
access to a database running on his server over the internet. What you
would need is a web service running on the server that serves as
go-between.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

> How can I access a remote MySQL database (hosted by JumpLine.com or
whatever ISP)   from a Delphi application. It seems that the preferred tool
for accessing MySQL´s databases is PHP. The scenario is simple: I have a
Delphi application to manage support calls using a local MS SQL Server, but
I need to access data from anywhere NOT using a browser. The application
MUST be written in Delphi and running locally. Any ideas?
> Regards

First, you need to make sure if you can/are allowed to access the MySQL
database directly from a remote application not running at the same machine
as the MySQL Server process. If that's OK, get some MySQL database access
components (like http://www.devart.com/ ) and begin coding your application.

--
Martijn Tonies
MS SQL Server
Francisco Alvarado wrote:
> Hi All:
> How can I access a remote MySQL database (hosted by JumpLine.com or whatever ISP)   from a Delphi application. It seems that the preferred tool for accessing MySQL´s databases is PHP. The scenario is simple: I have a Delphi application to manage support calls using a local MS SQL Server, but I need to access data from anywhere NOT using a browser. The application MUST be written in Delphi and running locally. Any ideas?
> Regards
>
> Francisco Alvarado
If your database is accessible remotely then the Database Express (dbx)
components will do what you want.
0
quinn
8/18/2008 3:13:04 PM
I was out for the weekend (a much needed mini-vacation) and can't read my news before.
I'll do some tests with your suggestions to see what's viable with this project
Thank you and if there are more tips, I'll waiting to read them
Best Regards

Francisco Alvarado
0
Anonymous
8/18/2008 3:30:01 PM
> {quote:title=Francisco Alvarado wrote:}{quote}
> Hi All:
> How can I access a remote MySQL database (hosted by JumpLine.com or whatever ISP)   from a Delphi application. It seems that the preferred tool for accessing MySQL´s databases is PHP. The scenario is simple: I have a Delphi application to manage support calls using a local MS SQL Server, but I need to access data from anywhere NOT using a browser. The application MUST be written in Delphi and running locally. Any ideas?
> Regards
>
> Francisco Alvarado

Francisco you can use Ado components or DBexpress you will need your host ipnumber to
and be allowed by your hot to do a remote access .
If your host don't allow you to access remotely your database then you will have to do or an web application (php, java or asp net);
0
paulo
9/19/2008 8:36:53 PM
> {quote:title=paulo perdigao wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Francisco Alvarado wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi All:
> > How can I access a remote MySQL database (hosted by JumpLine.com or whatever ISP)   from a Delphi application. It seems that the preferred tool for accessing MySQL´s databases is PHP. The scenario is simple: I have a Delphi application to manage support calls using a local MS SQL Server, but I need to access data from anywhere NOT using a browser. The application MUST be written in Delphi and running locally. Any ideas?
> > Regards
> >
> > Francisco Alvarado
>
> Francisco you can use Ado components or DBexpress you will need your host ipnumber to
> and be allowed by your hot to do a remote access .
> If your host don't allow you to access remotely your database then you will have to do or an web application (php, java or asp net);
Thank you Paulo an All.
This weekend I´ll start doing some tests on this sunject
0
Anonymous

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an appli...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Cannot use Microsoft Excel when a Delphi application that uses automat. run [Edit]
Dear all, I built an application that connect to an Excel file using a OleObject: Excel := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application'); LCID := GetUserDefaultLCID; all works fine but I cannot use Microsoft Excel externally when my application is running. If I try to open another xls file, Excel tries to open the file in my Delphi application in read only mode. It does not even show it properly but opens a weir transparent application. I just want to be able to use Excel externally and I'd like the instance opened by my Delphi application to be independent from other Exc...

To use or not to use Delphi

Backup a MySQL database from Delphi
Is there an easy way to backup/restore a MySQL tables from my Delphi application. The database is hosted by my Web host. To remotely connect to my MySQL database, I use ADO (dbGo tab) components. My tables use MyISAM. Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO? BTW, I use Delphi 2009. > Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO? mysqldump does not need any additional connectivity layer, like ADO, ODBC or what else. mysqldump uses TCP/IP to connect to MySQL server. So, all what you need: - mysqldump of the your MySQL server version; - run mysqldum...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

MOVED: Use Delphi XE TLB importer in Delphi 2007?
....to the ActiveX group: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=47170 -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

ActiveX differences between Delphi 7 and Delphi XE4 in an MFC application
When I create an ActiveX control based on a TPanel (with no added code) in Delphi 7, I am able to add this to a MFC C++ application and have it run fine. When I take the exact same code and compile it in Delphi XE4 (and XE2), MFC throws an assertion. I confirmed that the only changes are in the dcu, ocx and res files. The assertion is happening on ASSERT(wFlags == DISPATCH_METHOD); in occsite.cpp (I included the source to this). {code} STDMETHODIMP COleControlSite::XEventSink::Invoke( DISPID dispid, REFIID, LCID, unsigned short wFlags, DISPPARAMS* pDispParams, VARIANT* pvar...

Delphi application debugging using drwatson
drwtsn32 is enabled as JIT debugger. But when an exception raises in my Delphi program no drwtsn32-log is generated. Only a Delphi-exception-dialog appears. Drwatson does nothing. What can be the reason? Peter de Hon wrote: > drwtsn32 is enabled as JIT debugger. But when an exception raises in > my Delphi program no drwtsn32-log is generated. Only a > Delphi-exception-dialog appears. Drwatson does nothing. > > What can be the reason? The fact the every delphi program does not let any exception escape in to the operating system at all. It has a global handler whi...

Trying to call a .DLL from Delphi XE (used to work with Delphi 6 :-) )
Hi everyone, I have a problem where perhaps some one could help point me in the right direction. In Delphi 6 I used a stand alone package to train a neural netowrk,. The trained neural network was stored as a .DEF file. The standalone software provided a .DLL and Delphi code to call the network and get the prediced values from your sw. (The .DLL was created in 2002 and apparently is 32 bit.) I have'nt used it for years but am now coming back to it.... I now use Delphi XE on Windows 7 (32 bit) The old .exe's I had compiled from that time work fine. However in Delphi XE ...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

Web resources about - Using MySQL from a Delphi application - embarcadero.delphi.database

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications ...
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased Over Two Week Period in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 27 percent from ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Capacitive touch demand on the rise for most applications
The proportion of capacitive touch is growing in segments including smartphone, tablet, notebook and all-in-one PC applications, due to reduced ...