Transferring Delphi 5 BDE code to Delphi 2006 Nexus Embedded server code

In an application where I have used BDE in Delphi 5 I would like to
transfer the whole project to Nexus Embedded server that in general
implies mostly exchanging tTable with tnxTable etc.

But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler).

This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if
such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed,
what is now the correct syntax ??
0
Alf

I don't know the answer to your question but if you can't find answers
here you may like to know that nexus db have there own free newsgroups
(with nexus employees being quite active in the newsgroups it seems).
see: http://www.nexusdb.com/support/index.php?q=node/10015

Regards,
  Tim
0
Timothy
5/10/2009 5:29:15 PM
Timothy Huntington wrote:
> I don't know the answer to your question but if you can't find answers
> here you may like to know that nexus db have there own free newsgroups
> (with nexus employees being quite active in the newsgroups it seems).
> see: http://www.nexusdb.com/support/index.php?q=node/10015
>
> Regards,
>   Tim
Thanx. I'll wait a few days or so.
0
Alf
5/10/2009 5:44:45 PM
> But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using
> dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler).
>
> This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if
> such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed,
> what is now the correct syntax ??

NexusDB does not have the problem Paradox has with indexes going out of
sync, so most likely you do not need to use the equivalent
functionality. If you still need it, look at the TnxTable methods.

As Timothy says, please use our NexusDB newsgroups; we do not normally
watch these groups for support questions.

--
Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD]
Nexus Database Systems
Eivind Bakkestuen wrote:
>> But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using
>> dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler).
>>
>> This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if
>> such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed,
>> what is now the correct syntax ??
>
> NexusDB does not have the problem Paradox has with indexes going out of
> sync, so most likely you do not need to use the equivalent
> functionality. If you still need it, look at the TnxTable methods.
>
> As Timothy says, please use our NexusDB newsgroups; we do not normally
> watch these groups for support questions.

Tusen takk :-)
(For those not aquainted with Norwegian, that means a thousand thanks)
0
Alf
5/11/2009 9:13:58 AM
Alf Christophersen wrote:
> In an application where I have used BDE in Delphi 5 I would like to
> transfer the whole project to Nexus Embedded server that in general
> implies mostly exchanging tTable with tnxTable etc.
>
> But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler).
>
> This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if
> such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed,
> what is now the correct syntax ??

What error do you get when you call dbiRegenIndexes? While I recommend
against using the BDE, I expect it should still work.
0
quinn
5/11/2009 5:15:47 PM
quinn wildman wrote:

> What error do you get when you call dbiRegenIndexes?
> While I recommend against using the BDE, I expect it
> should still work.

He is moving from the BDE to NexusDB and the BDE API call
does not work in Nexus. He is asking how to do via the
Nexus API what DbiRegenIndexes does in the BDE.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
Bill Todd wrote:
> quinn wildman wrote:
>
>> What error do you get when you call dbiRegenIndexes?
>> While I recommend against using the BDE, I expect it
>> should still work.
>
> He is moving from the BDE to NexusDB and the BDE API call
> does not work in Nexus. He is asking how to do via the
> Nexus API what DbiRegenIndexes does in the BDE.

That's right. but from from eivinds message it seems to be not necessary
to call that function. Hope that is very correct, since it was extremely
simple to change to Nexus Embedded server.

And, it is by far much, much faster than Paradox :-)
An application with several hundred thousands records in Paradox which
took many minutes if not an hour to run building a tStTree binary tree
which is what I use in real applications, runs in seconds using Nexus
Embedded.

But, since the use in the programs that is used by endusers has to make
many searches during a run, it is still by far faster using the tStTree
class from Turbopower Systools which now seems to have been translated
to Delphi 2009 :-)

So I hope soon to do some tests with a demo version of RAD 2009 to check
if I should apply for fundings purchasing RAD 2009 Architect (I'm doing
also all the architect work with my programs, even employed by
University of Oslo, but in Faculty of Medicine where computers and
computer programming is word understood just as well as Chinese or swahili.

:-)  ( :-( )
(and payment just thereafter)
0
Alf

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Attempting to compile Delphi 5 code in Delphi XE5 is failing
Greetings All, If I'm not in the correct formum please tell me which one I should be in. Just upgraded to Delphi XE5 and am attempting to compile one of my Delphi 5 projects. I used Interbase Express I use either TDataSource -> TCDSProvider -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery or TDataSource -> TClientDataSet -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery Also used TIBDatabase, TIBTransaction, and TIBStoredProc I open the smallest project I have and click compile and almost immediately I receive this error Checking project dependencies... Compiling CITranEngine.dproj...

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Is it worth to move my code from Delphi 2009 to Delphi 2010?
Hi guys, we are working on Delphi 2009 till this day because we do not have the time to upgrade our code to the newest version. There is always something more important (features, bugs...) and our code has 2+ million lines. I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast move code to D2010 because it is more or less backward compatible and it shouldn't take me that much of a work. I wanted to ask you about your opinion. Is it a good version to move to? Regards. Dimitrij wrote: > I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast > move ...

Delphi 7.0 code convert to delphi XE ...
Hello All, I create an application using Web Server Application then CGI stand alone... In WebModule I add ModuleController component and IWPageProcedure... Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1.proLogInGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmLogIn.Create(AWebA...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 character codes conversion
I an converting a unit from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010. Everything works except for a couple of character codes, the decimal values are(224 and 227). As far as I can tell when data is loaded from the socket into a buffer, the codes are ok. When they are written to another buffer these 2 codes use the upper case version of the characters(192 and 224). I don' t see it on any other of the codes. I set the code page in the compiler options to 1252, but that did not work. Any other options I can set in Delp hi 2010 to correct this? TIA Jan B wrote: > I an converting a unit from D...

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

Text.Write speed
Hi ! I have speed troubles for using Text.Write method in Delphi 2006, particularly with distant files (local network). For example, with the following code ("F" is a text file ; "Line" is an about 200-character string): ----- AssignFile(F, FileName); try Rewrite(F); for l := 1 to 100 do begin for c := 1 to Length(Line) do Write(F, Line[c]); Writeln(F); end; finally CloseFile(F); end; ----- On a distant file: Delphi 5 -> 0.08 seconds Delphi 2006 -> close to 8 seconds Is there a speci...

Web resources about - Transferring Delphi 5 BDE code to Delphi 2006 Nexus Embedded server code - embarcadero.delphi.database

Morrison defends transferring asylum seekers
Scott Morrison has defended transferring 157 asylum-seekers to Nauru without the knowledge of their lawyers.

Transferring properties to my SMSF
What are the rules about transferring properties I own to my SMSF?

Alabama quarterback Phillip Ely is transferring to Toledo - al.com
... Illinois and Boston College were among the other schools he considered, according to his father. TUSCALOOSA, Alabama Phillip Ely is transferring ...

Syria: Peace talks not for transferring power
Foreign minister says government will take part in planned Geneva talks to form a "national unity government".

Transferring Information to a New BlackBerry
Q: Has anyone found a way to transfer saved emails, saved calendar entries and saved memos from older BlackBerrys, like the Bold, to the new ...

Dish Anywhere Will Soon Include Content Transferring For All iOS Devices
... Black Friday Apple Deals Announced From Best Buy, Walmart . DISH Anywhere Hopper Transfers Dish Anywhere Will Soon Include Content Transferring ...

iPad: Transferring your cellular data plan to a new iPad (3rd generation)
This article explains how to transfer an existing iPad cellular data plan to a new iPad (3rd generation).

LinkedIn app under scrutiny for transferring iOS calendar entries
Security researchers are criticizing LinkedIn's iOS app for a feature that automatically transfers iOS calendar entries to the company's servers. ...

Kim Dotcom: “I’m officially broke” after transferring remaining assets
Megaupload founder a "flight risk" before 2015 extradition hearing, NZ says.