time-time

Hi There,

Delphi 2010 with PostGresSQL 9.3 database.

I did try := Time(), the way it worked with Paradox and many more I tried.
E2250  no overload version of "TimeToStr" that can be called with this
argument.

Can somebody guide me here, thanks in advance.

{delphi code}
dm.tArrivedwaiting.value := timetostr() - dm.tArrivedtime.value  ;
{code}

Fields are StringFields or time with time zone(tried without??)

//////

CREATE TABLE "ARRIVED"
(
  dummy serial NOT NULL,
  userno smallint,
  "time" time with time zone,
  patientno integer,
  reasonno integer,
  waiting time with time zone,
  consno integer,
  CONSTRAINT "ARRIVED#PX" PRIMARY KEY (dummy)
)
WITH (
  OIDS=FALSE
);
ALTER TABLE "ARRIVED"
  OWNER TO postgres;

-- Index: "ARRIVED_index1"

-- DROP INDEX "ARRIVED_index1";

CREATE INDEX "ARRIVED_index1"
  ON "ARRIVED"
  USING btree
  (userno, patientno);

////////////
0
Lieven

Forgot the following one, sorry for this.
{delphi code}
dm.tArrivedTime.value := TimeToStr();
{code}

Same story, this was functional with Paradox Database as := Time.

Thanks in advance again.

Lieven
0
Lieven
2/17/2014 11:00:40 AM
{delphi code}
 dm.tArrivedwaiting.value := timetostr(Time) - dm.tArrivedtime.value  ;
{code}

Sorry again , done it, maybe Monday effect.
0
Lieven

times out all the time!!!
Name: Optical Excellence Email: specsatopticalexcellencedotca Product: Thunderbird Summary: times out all the time!!! Comments: I can not access either the web email site downloaded mail nor the Thunderbird email downloaded email because I get a time out all the time!! Not a way to run an email site, especially as this is for our business! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

MOVED: time between to given times (was: time between to given times)
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:21:06 -0800, Mike Thomas wrote: Moved to delphi.language.delphi.general https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=11972 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com ...

Time Conversion between local time and server time.
Time Conversion between local time and server time. Friends, Need help in trying to convert the datetime parameters entered locally in LONDON to those which reflect to here. The problem we have is DB Server in Newyork & Client application likely to run at both Newyork & London. What is the most feasible way to account the time difference between the parameters used for querying information from the server? We do not have the luxury & time for internationalization of the application and we are looking for a quick fix to account for the time difference. ex:- R...

Time Conversion between local time and server time.
Friends, Need help in trying to convert the datetime parameters entered locally in LONDON to those which reflect to here. The problem we have is DB Server in Newyork & Client application likely to run at both Newyork & London. What is the most feasible way to account the time difference between the parameters used for querying information from the server? We do not have the luxury & time for internationalization of the application and we are looking for a quick fix to account for the time difference. ex:- Records are timestamped on the server...

Is there a simply way to display the time in another time zone by the time in a zone time?
Now local time is 2007-07-26 16:32, I hope to display US time of the time, maye it's 2007-07-26 4:32 How can I do? thanks!SuperCool Multiple ZIP - A utility to unzip multiple files and work with multiple zip filesSuperCool Random Number Generator For different time zones residing on the web server, you can read it from the system registry. Example on how to read it: http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/Custom_Clock.asp Also an excellent site regarding time zone class in .NET: http://www.michaelbrumm.com/simpletimezone.htmlJack Yang.NET Developer...

time between to given times
I have a time for example 1:45 PM I want to know if this time between to given times, if yes how many minutes left. For example if between 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM result is 15 minutes Or result =0 means not between, Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance <Mike Thomas> >I have a time for example 1:45 PM > I want to know if this time between to given times, if yes how many > minutes left. > > For example if between 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM result is 15 minutes > Or result =0 means not between, > Can anyone help please? > > Thanks in advance var...

Freezes time after time
Name: Sinan Burat Product: Minefield Summary: Freezes time after time Comments: Minefield freezes for 1-2 minutes time after time. This usually happens when I try to "operate" fast, when many tabs (5-10 or 25 does not matter, and it just froze and came back when I typed "25") are open and I scroll down a page, or hit Ctrl+W, or Ctrl+Tab... it doesn't matter what I do it does... Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9pre) Gecko/2008052606 Minefield/3.0pre From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Crashes from time to time
Name: K England Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Crashes from time to time Comments: The browser closes itself and will reset it's add ons and extensions from time to time. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Time Conversion between local time and server time. #2
Time Conversion between local time and server time. Friends, Need help in trying to convert the datetime parameters entered locally in LONDON to those which reflect to here. The problem we have is DB Server in Newyork & Client application likely to run at both Newyork & London. What is the most feasible way to account the time difference between the parameters used for querying information from the server? We do not have the luxury & time for internationalization of the application and we are looking for a quick fix to account for the time difference. ex:- R...

time between to given times
I have a time for example 1:45 PM I want to know if this time between to given times, if yes how many minutes left. For example if between 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM result is 15 minutes Or result =0 means not between, Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance Sorry, I think I posted in wrong place > {quote:title=Mike Thomas wrote:}{quote} > I have a time for example 1:45 PM > I want to know if this time between to given times, if yes how many minutes left. > > For example if between 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM result is 15 minutes > Or result =0 means not between, ...

Session not timing out on time.
Hi, I've been working on this webapp that is supposed to timeout when a user hasn't been active for 10 minutes, however, I will time it, and sometimes it won't timeout even past 12 minutes of being inactive. Other times it will timeout right when it should. It's kind of timeconsuming testing this (I set the time to 1 minute for testing, and it typically doens't time out until 1 min 25 sec). I've got the session info set up correctly in my web.config. The session info is being stored in a database. Am I being too demanding wanting it to timeout exactly on time, or is t...

On Time Zones and Daylight Saving Time (Summer Time)..
This is an old issue, but I just completed a review of the information which is stored in my Windows XP Pro SP2 registry.  As you all know we can set our machines by clicking on the Date / Time Clock in the task bar, which brings up the Date and Time Properties application.  Accessing the Time Zone tab brings up a nice dropdown list and map that you can use to set your time zone for your machine. Now, I often wondered where that information was stored, and how to actually make use of it for my own applications.  After some web mining, I found various snippets of information, ...

Time and Time Duration
I just need a little help if ya don't mind. I need to be able to calculate. Time duration. Does anyone have any good Ideas. To be more specific. Problem: Taking Start time of Say 08/15/2000 10:56:34 And an End time of Say 08/17/2000 14:26:02 What would be the best way of finding the time duration. Thank you for your help. Jason If you use the Date::Manip package from CPAN, it will perform this kind of calculation for you. -Scott >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<...

way to retrieve database server time instead of local client time
Does anyone know of a windows api or other technique where I can retrieve the date and time from a server rather than the client? We are using powerbuilder 7.0.3 with windows xp or 2000 thanks, Betty We implement a datetime server object in our application. The object has functions in it to retrieve the time from the server, using a datawindow with the following sql: SELECT serverdt = GetDate () (This is MSSQL) The object has another function to return the current datetime, the current time or the current date and even keeps track of the last time it went to the serve...

Need function to figure out time duration from start time through end time
I am building a form where the user would enter a start time and an end time (i.e. START: 08:38:12 AM  and  END:  08:42:26 PM) I need to display the duration of time from start through end in hours, minutes, seconds (i.e. 4 m 14s) Does anyone know how I can do this?   thanks.   Angeline                string start = "08:38:12 PM";            string end = "08:42:26 PM";       &...

Forms Authentication Time out vs SessionState Time out vs IIS Time out
Hi All, Can anybody explain me in detail that What is the difference or relation between Forms authentication time out, session time out and IIS time out?  Virendra (MCTS)My Site, Blog This thread has a lot of useful info: http://aspalliance.com/520 IIS timeout can be explained at: http://blog.rampprojects.com/?p=181 IIS worker process recycle should ideally be set to the same timeout as session state to avoid timeout discrepencies and lost session state.Jeff Wasilauski, MCAD .NET, MCPC# WEB DEVELOPMENT-SQL SERVER DBA"If I have answered your question please mark as ans...

how is it possible to set a filed in a database to automatically add the current time to the filed at run time?
how is it possible to set a filed in a database to automatically add the current time to the filed at run time, is this possible; this filed has already been identified as 'DateTime' .   i am using VS2005 and VB language.* I am using VS 2005 and VB languageThank you, Faezeh. Do you mean when you insert a record into a table, that it automatically adds the current date time to one of its date time column? Like a time stamp? Please correct me if i am wrong?You can do this in your stored procedure rather than in your application code.Assuming you are using SQL Server you c...

Change time and time sync
Netware 5 sp1 server, all workstations are windows 2000 or XP with client 4.90 sp2. Windows 2000 reports the time of day as 10 minutes fast. When I change the time and it reboots, it is again 10 minutes fast. Is the netware client telling windows to sync with the netware time? When I type TIME in Netware monitor, it is also 10 min fast, and also says Time Sync Enabled. If netware is controlling the time for the network how do I control it? Is the netware server also syncing with a higher power? Ok, I think I got it. Can someone verify that I did it correctly? I went ...

set time not changing time
We are having a problem changing the time on a Netware 4.11 network. Time is synchronized to the network but is off by about 10 minutes. We have a reference, primary and bunch of secondary servers. Botht the reference and primary have the correct time in the bios (and in dos) and both are set to use the hardware clock. But when we start the server time is still off. I have ran dsrepair, timesync and everything is fine. I have tried the set time command on both servers and they both come back and say time has NOT been changed. Am I missing something? Any other way to chang...

How to time and capture the completed time ?
Dear All,              I am very lost here. I am running and application where I am going to time. So i need like seconds, minutes and hour the particular thing is done. So after that upon postback I would like to capture how long the time was taken ? Anyhelp or example please ? Thanks in advance. This shouldn't be too hard.  You can create a ViewState variable for the page (or you could do it in session if this is a sitewide thing where you also want to count the time from one page until the user clicks a link to a diff...

Synchronize Time with server time
Dear eveyone: I use PB 5.0 in Windows 95 workstation. When I start an application which written by PB 5.0, I want to synchronize the workstation time with server name. My server is running in Windows NT 4.0. Could anyone help me? Thanks in advance. -- JiaJian 20-Mar-2000 To set the time locally isn't that a problem. Use the Win32 API SetLocalTime() function. But, how to get the time of the server? BTW, normally this is already done when you logon on your workstation....at least that is what I see with my workstation. HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], AVALIX Info...

Getting time between 2 other times
 Im making a app (vb) for work. i need it to basically countdown the hours and minutes until 4:30 pm thats when we get off work so if the current time is 3:00 PM then the app will spit out 1 hour 30 minutes. I have been playing around with the datetime but cant get it to work. I currently have a timer on the app and is giving the current time and UTC time that is realtime. Thanks I hope this converted (from C# to VB) OK:  Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) ' qutting time is six thirty PM Dim QuittingTime As TimeSpan = ...

Browser times out when session times out
Greetings, something odd is happening and I'm not sure what I'm doing if anything to cause it. (Using PowerDynamo dynamic file site and IIS4.0) I have a form(action="thisfile.html" method="post") with a button(type=button) on it that when clicked sets a value in a hidden input field and submits the form(via javascript form.submit()). When the session times out and I click the button the browser just times out and says that it can't find the given file(thisfile.html). I have to exit out of the browser and then when I re-enter, the page pulls up fine. ...

Removing Time from date time
We would like to form a recordset that would have the datetime column be just the date. We have students visiting our web several times a day and each of these are counted as distinct dates. We would like just the total number of days that they used the web not the total number of times they accessed the web. Thanks Jim You can use date function on datetime column, or use cast. eg: select datetime_col, date(datetime_col), cast(datetime_col as date) from some_table Hope this helps, Goran jmwarren wrote in message <39A66A36.8B355AA6@pilot.msu.edu>... >We would li...

Web resources about - time-time - embarcadero.delphi.database

Time After Time (The Wire) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... secondary sources about the topic. If notability cannot be established, the article is likely to be merged , redirected , or deleted . " Time ...

Study: First-Time Moms Spend More Time On Facebook After Giving Birth
We’re not sure how they find the time, or the open arms, but 44 percent of new, first-time mothers spend more time on Facebook after childbirth ...

Facebook gets out the vote, this time with mobile prompts and a real-time map
... Facebook is prompting users to share that they voted, though this year the social network has introduced a mobile component and a real-time ...

Romy and Michele: Time After Time - YouTube
Romy, Michele and Sandy dancing to Time After Time, from the film Romy and Michele's High School Reunion

Just about time time to pre-load some pre-crime: Rockstar says that the PSN version of Grand Theft A
Just about time time to pre-load some pre-crime: Rockstar says that the PSN version of Grand Theft Auto V will be available for pre-load on Monday ...

10 Times TIME’s Person of the Year Wasn’t Really a Person
TIME has named Barack Obama the 2012 Person of the Year. Here’s a look at some generic people, groups of people, and things that also have received ...

Bubba Watson wins Masters for second time time in three years - Newsday
Walking up the eighth fairway, with momentum definitely against him and the Masters slipping away,

Preview Todd Terje’s It’s It’s Remix Time Time EP
Last year, Todd Terje put out It's Album Time , his first full-length collection of songs. Since then, he's released a series of singles from ...

Play time is pay time for biz kids
Nathan Feiglin started out reviewing gadgets on YouTube aged 12.