Tabbing to a TDBEdit box removes the data in it

In Delphi XE, I'm working in a table that is open, I place the table in Edit mode, and I'm actively working on a new record that I've just inserted into the table. When I press the tab key to leave one edit box and enter another box that is a TDBEdit box, which already has data in it, the data gets removed as I enter the box. So the data is not stored in the table yet, since I haven't issued a Post command.  I know I could write an OnEnter procedure to check if the TDBEdit box first has data in it, but I
thought that there must be a better way.

How do I eliminate the data from being removed when tabbing from box to box?
0
Michael