New to Firebird database

Hi!

I am new to use firebird database.

How can I connect to database and tables?
What components do I need to use?

Tanks,

Gabriel.

Win XP
Delphi 7
Firebird 2.1.1
0
Gabriel

Gabriel Fuentes wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am new to use firebird database.
>
> How can I connect to database and tables?
> What components do I need to use?
>
> Tanks,
>
> Gabriel.
>
> Win XP
> Delphi 7
> Firebird 2.1.1

Why not check this out on
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&page=ibp_contrib_download

I personally use Zeoslib. Get it from http://zeos.firmos.at/portal.php
0
Yogi
8/28/2008 8:39:19 AM
Gabriel Fuentes wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am new to use firebird database.
>
> How can I connect to database and tables?
> What components do I need to use?
>
> Tanks,
>
> Gabriel.
>
> Win XP
> Delphi 7
> Firebird 2.1.1

there are a number of free and commercial components to name a few

Commercial choosing any of the following you can not go wrong.
   1) IBO http://www.ibobjects.com
   2) FIB PLUS http://www.devrace.com/en/fibplus/
   3) IBProvider OLEDB Driver to use with DBGO(ADO) components
        http://www.ibprovider.com/eng/
   4) DevArt IBDac or UniDAc http://www.devart.com/products-vcl.html
      DevArt dbExpress driver for InterBase/Firebird
        http://www.devart.com/dbx/

This is not a complete list by no meens.

Freeware, GPL, MPL,

   1) Unified Interbase http://www.progdigy.com/
       This one includes in the source code a DBX driver as well.
   2) Zeos http://sourceforge.net/projects/zeoslib
   3) MDO http://sourceforge.net/projects/mdo/
       This one has some licensing issues with a prominent poster in
       this groups. So be carefull with it.
   4) DBX 4 Driver for D2007 and later
        http://www.tbosystems.bluehosting.com.br/dbx4/indexen.php

Regards
Yannis.

--
"Do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?"
 -- John Mendoza

In addition to all the components already mentioned - you can use also IBX included in Delphi.
On my experience, everything works.
The only problem - no support. IBX groups do not answer Firebird related questions.

Mahris

Gabriel Fuentes wrote 2008.08.28. 7:41:
> Hi!
>
> I am new to use firebird database.
>
> How can I connect to database and tables?
> What components do I need to use?
>
> Tanks,
>
> Gabriel.
>
> Win XP
> Delphi 7
> Firebird 2.1.1
0
Maris
9/1/2008 5:50:06 PM
"Maris Vasilevskis" <mahris@myself.com> wrote in message

> The only problem - no support. IBX groups do not answer Firebird related
> questions.

Currently it still works fine, but going forward there is risk as FB and IB
gradually change in their own separate ways. I personally still prefer using
IBX but if using FB for anything you want to be maintain in years to come it
is more prudent to use something that specifically supports FB, and there
are at least a few good choices available.

--
Wayne Niddery - TeamB (www.teamb.com)
Tips to Get Published: http://dn.codegear.com/article/38467
Yogi Yang wrote:

> I personally use Zeoslib. Get it from http://zeos.firmos.at/portal.php

Are you using this with D2010?

Bill
0
William

Cant create new database / CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database master (error 262)
   I am using SQL express and Visual web developer on windows Vista. When I try to create a new database the following message appears.   CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database master (error 262) I log on to my computer as an administrator. Help appreciated  Prontonet       How do you login to sql server? Do you use sql authentication? If so, check the account you  login with has appropriate permissions. Or are you using windows authentication?----------------------------------------------Mark helpful posts as "Answer"Check...

script to copy a database to a new database
I want to run a script from VB codebehind that will copy a default SQL database to a newly created database, inserting a couple of new items into the database (company name, user name)  automatically.  I also want to be able to control when this actually happens.  What is the best way to do this? Thanks  INSERT INTO dbName.ScemaName.TableName (column1, column2....) SELECT column1, column2... FROM dbName.ScemaName.TableNamei hope this will help u Thanks for the reply.  That is on the right track.  What I was hoping to find was a script that would just c...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

Migrate login from old database to new database
I am planning to migrate my Sybase database from 12 to 12.5.2. As there are lot of changes in the configuration of the database, therefore I cannot just dump the master db from old one then load it back to new one. But I want to keep those logins from the old db to the new db, as there are almost hundred logins. Is there anyway that allow me to extract the login together with the password and then load it back to the db? Please kindly advise. Thanks! Philip Kwok wrote: > I am planning to migrate my Sybase database from 12 to > 12.5.2. As there are lot of changes in the...

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

How to export part of a database to a new database through asp.net
Hello,I want to connect to an SQL Server Database called MyDBTest, through an asp.net web form, select particular columns from particular tables, and then export these tables (with the selected columns only) to another SQL Server database called MyDBTest1 Is it possible?Thank you in advance! :) Sure we can. Just retrieve the data from the source database and store the retrieved data in DataTable, then open a new connection to the destination database and insert the data in the DataTable to the database tables.However, this can be accomplished all in T-SQL. If the 2 data...

Copying Database Schema with data conditionally in new database
 Hi,I have following requirement in my web application..In my application the databse is year dependent. i.e. the databse is meant to be used for current financial year only. When the financial year ends, the database needs to be recreated with new name (e.g. if current year database name is DB2009 then for next year it should be DB2010)Another situation is, based on certain conditions I need to carry forward some data to new database (like dues of certain customers etc.)How do I do it?  Go through this linkhttp://blog.sqlauthority.com/2007/08/21/sql-server-2005-create-script-to...

Database profile and databases
Hi all I have installed Syabse on linux and PB 6.5 on windows 2000. I am able to connect to the sybase server through dsedit utility and I am also able to connect PB development environment(database profile) to particuler database on sybase server. But when I want to see all the tables while clicking on database menu option an error messagebox displayed "Stored procedure pb60table not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether object exist.(sp_help may produce lot of output" . This error messagebox is displayed. I am not able to make any datawi...

Databases in suspect after restoring Database Devices in new environment
00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 server Recovering database 'DBShrpa'. 00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 kernel Failed to log the current message in the Windows NT event log 00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 server Error: 3401, Severity: 21, State: 1 00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 server Rec_logbounds: getnext SCAN_RID of last checkpoint failed on Rid from sysdatabases. Rid pageid = 0x104b68; row num = 0x6. 00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 kernel Failed to log the current message in the Windows NT event log 00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 ...

Unable to start Database Engine when Creating new Database
Have just installed SQL anywhere on Netware 4. Am trying to create a new database from my NT machine with Sybase Central. At the point of creating the database it says "Database not created" - "Unable to start Database Engine". I have connected to the sample database so it doesn't seem to be a network problem. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received by this beginner! Thanks Thomasina You cannot create a database using the multiuser engine on Netware. Create the database on your local machine with the standalone engine and then move...

database in database solution
  i have a database in the database solution. but i want to add the database from database solution to App_data  folder in solution explorer. how to do this ?Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you.   i am having visual studio express edition and sql management express. i have opened solution explorer for a asp.net project. I have the database solution and i have the App_data in the solution Explorer. I have added a existing sql database in the database solution and wanted the newly added  sql database in the App_data of solution...

how to access other database in this database ?

Database in suspect after restoring Database Devices in new environment
00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 server Recovering database 'DBShrpa'. 00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 kernel Failed to log the current message in the Windows NT event log 00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 server Error: 3401, Severity: 21, State: 1 00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 server Rec_logbounds: getnext SCAN_RID of last checkpoint failed on Rid from sysdatabases. Rid pageid = 0x104b68; row num = 0x6. 00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 kernel Failed to log the current message in the Windows NT event log 00:00000:00001:2004/08/23 16:14:53.95 ...

getting a database connection in asp.net with a firebird/interbase Database
hello. is there some one wo can help me. i am using a firebird/interbase database. and now ik would like to now. what is the code for connecting to that database. i have this code. but i think it's not good. any one wo can help me.!? after opening the page i get the error :: Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'Firebird.fbConnection' is not defined. <%@ Import Namespace="System.data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="FirebirdSql.Data.firebird" %> <script Language="VB" runat="server"> sub Page_Load(obj as object,...

Web resources about - New to Firebird database - embarcadero.delphi.database

Firebird.com - Creative Services and Copywriting for Advertising, Design, PR and Music Video Productions ...
Firebird is a Creative Service Collectives providing Design Concepts, Copy and Script Writing, Song Writing, Firebird Music Production and Video ...

Gibson Firebird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Gibson Guitar Corporation released several new styles during the 1950s to compete with Fender 's solid-body instruments, such as the Telecaster ...

Firebird: The true open source database for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and more
Firebird SQL: The true open-source relational database

Queensland Firebirds (@TheFirebirds) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Queensland Firebirds @ TheFirebirds ...

Firebirds captain Laura Geitz says her side wants to be the best
Queensland Firebirds captain Laura Geitz wants this Firebirds team to be the best ever.

Firebirds pip Swifts in grand final thriller (01:29)
Queensland lead for just 15 seconds but it was enough to win the decider after NSW were unable to hold off the fast-finishing combination of ...

Caitlyn Nevins seeking happy ending with Queensland Firebirds after 'tough decision' to leave Melbourne ...
For a woman whose teammates insist she looks uncannily like Snow White, Caitlyn Nevins is almost living her own fairytale.

Live 2015 ANZ Championship Grand Final: Queensland Firebirds vs. NSW Swifts - The Courier-Mail
... the ANZ Championship. The Swifts led the entire game at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, but with less than 30 seconds on the clock the Firebirds ...

Thunderbirds go down to Firebirds by two goals in Brisbane
THE Adelaide Thunderbirds narrowly failed to pull off a Houdini escape act in Brisbane when beaten by the Queensland Firebirds in another frustrating ...

Live 2015 ANZ Championship Grand Final: Queensland Firebirds vs. NSW Swifts - Other Sports - Fox Sports ...