Deployment Considerations for dbGo

I have used dbGo to access an MDB file in my application. Now for
deploying this application what have I to install on clients PC so that
my application will run properly?

TIA

Yogi Yang
0
Yogi

Yogi Yang wrote:

> I have used dbGo to access an MDB file in my application. Now for
> deploying this application what have I to install on clients PC so
> that my application will run properly?
>
> TIA
>
> Yogi Yang

depends on the windows version of the client PC.
In Win95 I think you have to install DCom for W95+ MDAC 2.6 or earlier.
In Win98, ME, 2000 MDAC 2.6 on XP nothing.

Regards
Yannis.
--
"Fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds worth of
 distance run." -- Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)
YANNIS KOZIKOPULOS wrote:
> depends on the windows version of the client PC.
> In Win95 I think you have to install DCom for W95+ MDAC 2.6 or earlier.
> In Win98, ME, 2000 MDAC 2.6 on XP nothing.

Thanks Yannis.

I was under the impression that we just have to install MS Jet engine on
target system.

Regards,

Yogi Yang
0
Yogi
8/28/2008 9:44:41 AM
Yogi Yang wrote:

> I was under the impression that we just have to install MS Jet engine
> on target system.

Delphi DBGO/ADO components are wrapers around the MDAC so except the
Jet enginee the MDAC components must be installed as well.
The last version of MDAC that included the JET enginee with them was 2.6
after that the jet enginee become a seperate installation.

Installing the MDAC 2.6 on win2000 and earlier versions makes sure that
all the apropriate files are in the system.

XP came with MDAC 2.8 preinstalled which did not include the Jet
enginee and a seperate download was provided by microsoft.

Regards
Yannis.

--
"There are many kinds of people in the world.  Are you one of
 them?"
YANNIS KOZIKOPULOS wrote:

> Delphi DBGO/ADO components are wrapers around the MDAC so except the
> Jet enginee the MDAC components must be installed as well.
> The last version of MDAC that included the JET enginee with them was 2.6
> after that the jet enginee become a seperate installation.
>
> Installing the MDAC 2.6 on win2000 and earlier versions makes sure that
> all the apropriate files are in the system.
>
> XP came with MDAC 2.8 preinstalled which did not include the Jet
> enginee and a seperate download was provided by microsoft.

Thanks for the info.
0
Yogi

Database problem with deployed database app. on WinNT.
Dear fellow Power Builder users. I have a serious problem that occurs when I deploy my Power Builder application on WindowsNT. I am using: PB 7.0 build 6012 WindowsNT 4.0 service pack 5 Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0.2 When I start the application the databases are started and the following error occurs: "Failed to initialized NT performance monitor data area." The error is showed on the top of the log in the console window for the database engine. When I try to retrieve data from the database I get SQLSTATE=37000. None of the above errors occur on Win95. I use t...

deploying a database
what is the easiest way to deploy a database for a webapp? i have create table scripts but waht is the easiest way to go about inserting data into lookup tables? would i have to write insert statements or is there some other way to do it I use two different methods when I create lookup tables.  1)   Manually type into the table the data 2)  Create a script file which I run in query analyzer.  Here is a sample of one the scripts I write: create table [tbl_LookupCategory] ([int_CategoryID]  int  NOT NULL  Primary Key,[str_Category]  &nbs...

Deploying Database
Hey Everyone,I'm trying to deploy a database on a server, and it appears as if I do not have access to it.  MS SQL Server is enabled by my host, and I'm given the guidance below as far as configuring my database.  My database works on my computer with the SQL Express Server when the "Data Source" field of the connection string is set to "./SQLEXPRESS".  Now, I set my connection string to because of the guidance at the bottom: <connectionStrings>    <add name="missUserConnection"     &nb...

deploying with databases
I want to test putting a website up on a Windows 2003 Server box.  I have a SQL Server 2005 Express configuration database included in my project.  Do I need to install the full version of SQL 2005 on the server or is SQL Server Express sufficient? Hello. well, if you can install the full version of sql server 2005, then go ahead; if you can't, then use the express version...-- Regards,Luis Abreuemail: labreu_at_gmail.comEN blog:http://msmvps.com/blogs/luisabreu thanks!...

Deployment of the Databases
Hi, I am trying to deploy my site on a production server.  I would like to use SQLExpress 2005 as my database. Can someone recommend the steps needed for this kind of deployment?  Do I need to use 2 databases ASPNETDB.MDF and Personal.MDF?  Can I combine them into one file? Thanks Knea Backup your db first. You should be able to run this tool  C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50215\aspnet_regsql.exe and choose your Personal.mdf as the database that you want to add application services to. Application Services is the role base security tables. This ...

How to deploy the database
Hi All, Can anyone tell me,is it possible to create an exe or msi for sql stored procedures,tables and triggers?I want to deploy the database objects(stored proc,tables,views and functions) as an exe file..just like publishing and deploying the asp.net application.Is it possible for sql server database objects.Pls,let me know.   Thank U You can generate scripts for them. Right click on db - > All Tasks -> Generate Scripts.. follow the wizard.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** I know that.But is it possible to create exe or ms...

Deployment with database
Hi,  I've written a simple webapplication, using a database.  I also use restricted pages, so I used the configuration tool to create users, roles, etc...  When I test the app, everything works fine.  Now I want to deploy my app on the server (I use Hostingfest).  They have a seperate directory for the database.  I've found some information on how to 'convert' a SQL 2005 Express database to the 'normal' version.  But there it goes wrong.   I want to use only 1 database (the one I use for storing my app data).  So I have to m...

Database Deployment
Hi All, What I am struggling to get my head around is how to get the databases from my local machine onto my remote sql server. You might guess that I am a newbie to .net etc.... I am using VS2005. My hosting company provide me with a separate SQL server for my databases (either 2000 or 2005). Using the personal website SDK as an example what I would like to know is how do I get the databases from the app_data folder onto my remote SQL server!? I know I must be missing something here, the answer is probably staring me in the face...but I cant see it!Malc Answered in this thread: http:/...

considerations when deploying
This my first time deploying an app with a database to a serverI have my application running on my PC locally. (http://localhost/program/program.aspx)Now I want to put it into production. it will be located at an address like http://www.cf.programs.com/ops/program.aspx . The program has a database which it pulls data from as well located within the projects database directory (programs/database/db.mdb). I wish it was as easy as copying and pasting the project from my PC to the server, but I know it's not. I was just wondering, what are some steps I should take into consideration to have ...

Which database to deploy
I'm deploying an ASP .Net application on which 20 users will be working at the same time. The database will start at less than 100mb. Is SQL EXPRESS 2005 powerfull enough to use for such an application. Thanks in advance for your answers Probably.  It depends upon what the users will be doing, but a normal Web application with 20 users will not be too large for SQL Express generally, though if SQL Express is running on a very busy server and does not have cycles to spare, then of course that might be a problem.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog...

Good (Free) Database Choice For Simple Local Database For Delphi 2009
For years I have used the BDE and dVolga ( no longer abailable ) but want to learn how to use other third-party and/or Delphi 2009 vcl components for simple databases. For a simple local database with only one table and 6-8 string fields with graphic field support for one field what is a good choice? What is available to do this without buying anything or possibly with a freeware component? Should I use DBExpress? Is a commercial database application necessary to create the database? Is something available from Microsoft as a free download to create and possibly edit a...

Adding Create database user, Create database and Create Administrator UI Dialogs in Web Deployment Project
Hi guys,Are any of you adept at creating these UI dialogs for their web deployment projects? I need to be able to create a new user, create a new connectionstring, run a DB build script, and create an administrator account during the web deployment process.I must also be able to edit some settings with IIS.How do you go about doing these in VS2005 Web Deployment Projects? I know I can add new dialogs for the install process, but don't know what to do next.Thanks!http://dotnet.kapenilattex.com...

Deployment Site and Databases
Hi i am new in this and this is my first web deployment in aps.net this is going to be in an intranet PC (win XP) running IIS, SQLExpress2005 and the Framawork 3.5, and i also installed VWD 2008 (not necesary but installed anyway), so the "web server" is running exactly the same as my development pc.  this is the problem, the application works fine under the VWD (integrated web server), login, and pull data using SqlDataSources, etc. now is time to the deployment; in my website i am using the ASPNETDB.MDF for authentication and&nb...

Java in the database deployment?
Hi all, I am writing an installation script (Using Wise InstallMaker 8.14) to install various ASA7.03 files on a Win2k SP2 machine. My install script install all of the files stated in the help file for the server application e.g. dbsrv7.exe etc. However I can find few details of what to install when installing scjview.exe. So taking a wild guess, I wrote my install scripts to install scjview.exe and scjlgen.dll. However when I try to run scjview.exe after installation (to configure a service) I get the following error message: "a java2 runtime environment could not be found ...

Web resources about - Deployment Considerations for dbGo - embarcadero.delphi.database

Antenna height considerations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
At VLF , LF and MF the radio mast or tower is often used directly as an antenna. Its height determines the vertical radiation pattern. Masts ...

Five Key Considerations For Facebook Page Promotions
The holiday season has already begun. Brands and retailers have been hard at work rolling out their holiday campaigns for weeks now, aiming to ...

New comScore Study Shows Facebook Ads Increase Vehicle Consideration, Decrease Competitor Consideration ...
A new comScore Action Lift study initiated by Facebook shows Facebook’s impact on new vehicle consideration.

YouTube - DISNEY INFINITY GAMEPLAY TRAILER: For Your Consideration
Veröffentlicht am 09.06.2013 Now the Disney Infinity E3 2013 Trailer experience of a lifetime is the Disney Infinity E3 2013 Trailer event of ...

Canterbury Bulldogs forward David Klemmer says power and passion needs some consideration
&nbsp;Canterbury enforcer David Klemmer&nbsp;said the NRL needed to take into account the passion that underpins the game when a player such ...

Light rail extension to Russell under consideration
Companies bidding to build and operate Canberra's light rail line will be asked to include costs for a possible extension from the city to Russell, ...

Brumbies captain Stephen Moore says player welfare important consideration with sabbaticals
Australia's most capped hooker Stephen Moore has backed sabbaticals for Wallabies.

Victorian environment report suggests consideration of congestion tax, more buses
Victoria should investigate traffic congestion taxes, overhaul its energy supply and change its approach to planned burns for bushfire prevention ...

Five considerations when choosing a cloud security provider
Security is a leading concern in the cloud environment. Fear of data breaches or outages continue to keep executives up at night.

Russian vodka ban under consideration by Sask. Premier Brad Wall
Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall is considering a move to pull Russian vodka off the government store shelves.