Database with Delphi XE3

I've been using Delphi 7 Pro for years and have had to deal with the PDOXUSR.NET access denied problem with Vista OS and up anytime my application uses the Borland Database Engine. I'm thinking of buying Delphi XE3. Can someone tell me if the PDOXUSR.NET Access Denied problem has been taken care of in this version? With Windows 7, it seems that my apps will only run if I have the user reduce their User Account Control to a level the access is no longer denied. I'm hoping this is not an issue with XE3.

I'm sorry if this is not the proper forum for my question. I there is a better forum, please let me know and I'll re-post. Thanks for any feedback on this.

Greg.
0
Greg

Greg Madison wrote:
> I've been using Delphi 7 Pro for years and have had to deal with the PDOXUSR.NET access denied problem with Vista OS and up anytime my application uses the Borland Database Engine. I'm thinking of buying Delphi XE3. Can someone tell me if the PDOXUSR.NET Access Denied problem has been taken care of in this version? With Windows 7, it seems that my apps will only run if I have the user reduce their User Account Control to a level the access is no longer denied. I'm hoping this is not an issue with XE3.
>
> I'm sorry if this is not the proper forum for my question. I there is a better forum, please let me know and I'll re-post. Thanks for any feedback on this.
>
> Greg.

PDOXUSR.NET related to using the BDE. We deprecated the BDE is 2002, so
no part of the BDE is ever going to change. You have a variety of
choices for databases and since 2002 we have recommend you migrate away
from the BDE as soon it makes sense for your business.

In regards to your problem, if you make sure the PDOXUSR.NET is not
stored in c:\ it will probably solve your problem. If you need to
discuss this error in more depth, I recommend the BDE forum.
0
quinn
12/19/2012 5:03:41 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Greg Madison wrote:
> > I've been using Delphi 7 Pro for years and have had to deal with the PDOXUSR.NET access denied problem with Vista OS and up anytime my application uses the Borland Database Engine. I'm thinking of buying Delphi XE3. Can someone tell me if the PDOXUSR.NET Access Denied problem has been taken care of in this version? With Windows 7, it seems that my apps will only run if I have the user reduce their User Account Control to a level the access is no longer denied. I'm hoping this is not an issue with XE3.

> > I'm sorry if this is not the proper forum for my question. I there is a better forum, please let me know and I'll re-post. Thanks for any feedback on this.
> >
> > Greg.
> >

> PDOXUSR.NET related to using the BDE. We deprecated the BDE is 2002, so
> no part of the BDE is ever going to change. You have a variety of
> choices for databases and since 2002 we have recommend you migrate away
> from the BDE as soon it makes sense for your business.
>
> In regards to your problem, if you make sure the PDOXUSR.NET is not
> stored in c:\ it will probably solve your problem. If you need to
> discuss this error in more depth, I recommend the BDE forum.

Quinn,

Thanks for your reply. I will go to the BDE forum and ask around there. I'm not a professional programmer, I'm a physicist that writes applications for physics solutions to radiation stuff and share the appliction with other physicst. As such, I was not aware there were other choices to the BDE. Are you saying that I can use something other than the Borland Database Engine in my Delphi programs and skirt around the PDOXUSR.NET problem? If so, is there a reference you can point me to on how to do that? Aga
in, I'll move off to the BDE forum with any other questions. I appreciate you taking the time to educate a dummy with a computer ;)
0
Greg
12/19/2012 8:28:53 PM
> Thanks for your reply. I will go to the BDE forum and ask around there.
> I'm not a professional programmer, I'm a physicist that writes
> applications for physics solutions to radiation stuff and share the
> appliction with other physicst. As such, I was not aware there were other
> choices to the BDE. Are you saying that I can use something other than the
> Borland Database Engine in my Delphi programs and skirt around the
> PDOXUSR.NET problem? If so, is there a reference you can point me to on
> how to do that? Aga

You simply need a more recent BDE installer which caters for UAC and other
issues, look here to decide which one you want SQL links or not):
http://www.all2ezy.com/html/developer_downloads.html
0
Leslie
12/19/2012 9:41:29 PM
Greg Madison wrote:
> Are you saying that I can use something other than the Borland Database Engine in my Delphi programs and skirt around the PDOXUSR.NET problem?

The other Database technology we provide is DBExpress, DBGo and IBX.

DBExpress (DBX) provides high performance optimized drivers for the most
common database vendors. (Oracle, MSSQL, InterBase, FireBird, MySQL,
Infoirmix, Sybase, DB2). As of Delphi XE2, it also has connectivity to
ODBC. Functionality is limited in the Professional edition of Delphi. To
get complete functionality you need to have the Enterprise edition.
There are also third party vendors which will sell you DBExpress drivers
as well.

DBGo provides connectivity through Microsoft's ADO connectivity layer.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActiveX_Data_Objects) Anything ADO can
connect to can be connected to with DBGo, which includes ODBC. ADO works
best with Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server, which should be of
no surprise as you have a connectivity stack completely from Microsoft.
The Professional edition of Delphi has complete support for DBGo. OleDB
Providers are what connect to ADO. They come from your third party
database vendor.

IBX (InterBase Express) is an optimized driver specifically for
InterBase. InterBase is a database provided by Embarcadero and has over
a 20 year track record. The Professional edition of Delphi has complete
support for IBX. Because InterBase comes from us, we'd love to sell it
to you.

There are also third party vendors which provide Database components.
Many people like Advantage.  For InterBase there is IBO (InterBase
Objects) by Jason Wharton.

As you can see, there are many choices at your disposal. InterBase is my
favorite because it comes from us and I am expert at it.
0
quinn
12/20/2012 7:44:22 PM
On 2012/12/19 10:28 PM, Greg Madison wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I will go to the BDE forum and ask around there. I'm not a professional programmer, I'm a physicist that writes applications for physics solutions to radiation stuff and share the appliction with other physicst. As such, I was not aware there were other choices to the BDE. Are you saying that I can use something other than the Borland Database Engine in my Delphi programs and skirt around the PDOXUSR.NET problem? If so, is there a reference you can point me to on how to do that? A
ga
> in, I'll move off to the BDE forum with any other questions. I appreciate you taking the time to educate a dummy with a computer;)

Take a look at recent post titled: "Moving from BDE, what database?"

-Rael
0
Rael

Good (Free) Database Choice For Simple Local Database For Delphi 2009
For years I have used the BDE and dVolga ( no longer abailable ) but want to learn how to use other third-party and/or Delphi 2009 vcl components for simple databases. For a simple local database with only one table and 6-8 string fields with graphic field support for one field what is a good choice? What is available to do this without buying anything or possibly with a freeware component? Should I use DBExpress? Is a commercial database application necessary to create the database? Is something available from Microsoft as a free download to create and possibly edit a...

Delphi XE3 plus CBuilder XE3 demo is still Delphi only
Have Delphi XE3 installed (and registered), tried to install the CBuilder XE3 demo to see if it work as required. The result is that only Delphi was updated and no CBuilder available. Is there a way to test it - I would have upgraded to full RadStudio but doubted the CBuilder 64 bit compiler would be available in time (deadline is almost here and already ported the code to VC++ but don't particularly like it). ...

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Delphi and Oracle Database
Hello Everyone, I have a need to be able to read data out of an Oracle database. I know how I can access it - but now I need to bring the databases inhouse for development purposes. So - I need to install an oracle server - but only for my development needs - but it needs to be able to handle some large databases - from 5GB to 50GB approximately. I have been dealing with MSSQL and MySQL for a while - and I have those servers licenses and running. However, I am not familiar with how Oracle does things. Does anyone out there have some suggestions as to what type of licens...

delphi 2010 database
Hello, I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and all works good for me. But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010) I found many databases for Delphi, I prefer free or less than $100.00 Thanks On 2010-11-28 19:09:31 -0500, Falah Latino <> said: > Hello, > I’m new to this forum, currently I have application with MS Access and > all works good for me. > But I need more reliable without DLL or other dependencies (for Delphi 2010) > I found many databases for Delphi, > I prefer free or less tha...

Amazing database for Delphi
In the past I used many databases with Delphi, like sql server, Interbase, BDE and many others, Last year I had standalone project for a Church, the project wasn’t that big, but had thousands of records with a lot of big tables. To avoid any dependencies “BDE, DLLs, servers etc.” I had to find small, compact, and compiles right into my EXE. However, after I looked around (you can find my post on this site), many developers recommended Absolute Database, so I tried it and the price was very good, I surprised how this database handles very advance and complex queries and very fast. I re...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

Backup a MySQL database from Delphi
Is there an easy way to backup/restore a MySQL tables from my Delphi application. The database is hosted by my Web host. To remotely connect to my MySQL database, I use ADO (dbGo tab) components. My tables use MyISAM. Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO? BTW, I use Delphi 2009. > Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO? mysqldump does not need any additional connectivity layer, like ADO, ODBC or what else. mysqldump uses TCP/IP to connect to MySQL server. So, all what you need: - mysqldump of the your MySQL server version; - run mysqldum...

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

database in database solution
  i have a database in the database solution. but i want to add the database from database solution to App_data  folder in solution explorer. how to do this ?Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you.   i am having visual studio express edition and sql management express. i have opened solution explorer for a asp.net project. I have the database solution and i have the App_data in the solution Explorer. I have added a existing sql database in the database solution and wanted the newly added  sql database in the App_data of solution...

Delphi embedded Database with Pivot
Hello, We currently have a database app that works with Microsoft SQL Server. We want to have the option of switching to a native Delphi database to ease deployment issues. All our code is standard SQL, except for the call to the PIVOT command, which we need, and seems specific to SQL server. Do any of the native delphi databases have commands similar to Pivot? Thanks, Dave -- David Novo wrote: > Hello, > > We currently have a database app that works with Microsoft SQL Server. We > want to have the option of switching to a native Delphi database to ease > ...

how to access other database in this database ?

Delphi Array to Oracle Database
I have a Oracle Package: CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE Array_Test AS TYPE my_array IS VARRAY (10) OF String; PROCEDURE proc_array_test ( p_param1 IN Varchar2, p_array IN my_array); END Array_Test / In Delphi I created an array InfoArray : array[0..9] of String; and would like to pass InfoArray to the Oracle Package Array_Test as a parameter. How do I do that? dmMyDatamodel.stpMyStoredProcedure.ParamByName(‘p_param1’).Text := ‘TESTING’; dmMyDatamodel.stpMyStoredProcedure.ParamByName(‘p_array’) ???????? .... this is where I get stuck. I'm using DBExpress. Thanks ...

Web resources about - Database with Delphi XE3 - embarcadero.delphi.database

IObit Driver Booster debuts new fix-it tool, widens driver update database
... The update also includes various optimizations to improve user experience, performance and stability, plus widens the tool’s driver database ...

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

18 million targeted voter records exposed by database error
A second database containing voter records has been exposed due to a configuration error. While the first held records that some dismissed inconsequential ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers

Former Ohio cop uses cop database to stalk victim
... stalked her like an average person would, but stalked her in the way that only a police officer could: he stalked her utilizing a police database ...