I have an appliction tha that is writen in Delphi 5 with ADOConnetion, ADOTable, and  ADOQuery components.

I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET.

I have the program building in with Delphi 2007.  Is there anything I need to do to convert the ADO to ADO.NET?
0
Unitime
4/1/2009 4:13:27 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.database
📃 1294 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1904 Views

> I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET.

Why ?

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev

Do you know what I need to do to convert the existing connections in ADO to ADO.NET?

> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> > I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET.
>
> Why ?
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev
> AnyDAC (www.anydac.com) - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL,
>   Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MS Access, DBX,
>   ODBC, InMem - universal high-speed native data access engine
0
Unitime
4/1/2009 4:58:36 PM
Unitime Development wrote:

> I need to upgrade to Delphi 2007 and use ADO.NET.

That is a bad decision since D2007 is the last version of
Delphi that supports the CodeGear implementation of .NET
and VCL for .NET. If you really want to go to .NET and use
the Delphi language get Delphi Prism which is the .NET
platform that will be supported going forward.

The only connection between ADO on Win32 and ADO.NET is
that they both contain the letters "ADO" in the name. They
are completely different techologies using different
components.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0