"unavailable database" interbase 2009 to go edition [Edit]

Hello,

I am using Interbase 2009 to go edition licensed, and it works great with the IBConsole. I mean I can create new databeses, explore the tables, etc..
The problem is that when I try to do an application with C++ Builder 2010 and IBX components the connection to the database fails and I get the "unavailable batabase" error.

I did the next steps:

- I used  TIBDatabase component in my C++ Builder application.
- I renamed de ibtogo.dll to gsd32.dll and put it into the same folder of my apllication
- I added the Interbase folder to the same folder of my application.
         - Inside the Interbase folder I have all the files that works with the IBConsole.

Where is the problem?

Thanks.

Edited by: Juan Chiva on Jul 28, 2010 6:59 AM
0
Juan

Juan Chiva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Interbase 2009 to go edition licensed, and it works great with the IBConsole. I mean I can create new databeses, explore the tables, etc..
> The problem is that when I try to do an application with C++ Builder 2010 and IBX components the connection to the database fails and I get the "unavailable batabase" error.
>
> I did the next steps:
>
> - I used  TIBDatabase component in my C++ Builder application.
> - I renamed de ibtogo.dll to gsd32.dll and put it into the same folder of my apllication
> - I added the Interbase folder to the same folder of my application.
>           - Inside the Interbase folder I have all the files that works with the IBConsole.
>
> Where is the problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Edited by: Juan Chiva on Jul 28, 2010 6:59 AM

The error unavailable database means the server is not running. In your
case, I'm guessing more to point of what is happening, is the gds32.dll
from the server edition instead of from ToGo is being found.

What I would recommend first here to run your application not from the
IDE. Based on your description, I believe it will work. When you run
from the IDE, pathing is different. The simplest solution is to create
an INTERBASE environment variable and make it point to the directory
which contains the interbase directory for ToGo. Otherwise, because the
working directory when running from the IDE is the bin folder of your
IDE, I believe copying the interbase directory from ToGo to the bin
folder would work. Another solution is to alter your path.
0
quinn
7/28/2010 3:00:18 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Juan Chiva wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using Interbase 2009 to go edition licensed, and it works great with the IBConsole. I mean I can create new databeses, explore the tables, etc..
> > The problem is that when I try to do an application with C++ Builder 2010 and IBX components the connection to the database fails and I get the "unavailable batabase" error.
> >
> > I did the next steps:
> >
> > - I used  TIBDatabase component in my C++ Builder application.
> > - I renamed de ibtogo.dll to gsd32.dll and put it into the same folder of my apllication
> > - I added the Interbase folder to the same folder of my application.
> >           - Inside the Interbase folder I have all the files that works with the IBConsole.
> >
> > Where is the problem?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Edited by: Juan Chiva on Jul 28, 2010 6:59 AM
>
> The error unavailable database means the server is not running. In your
> case, I'm guessing more to point of what is happening, is the gds32.dll
> from the server edition instead of from ToGo is being found.
>
> What I would recommend first here to run your application not from the
> IDE. Based on your description, I believe it will work. When you run
> from the IDE, pathing is different. The simplest solution is to create
> an INTERBASE environment variable and make it point to the directory
> which contains the interbase directory for ToGo. Otherwise, because the
> working directory when running from the IDE is the bin folder of your
> IDE, I believe copying the interbase directory from ToGo to the bin
> folder would work. Another solution is to alter your path.

Thanks for your response,

I tried to execute the application out of the IDE, but i get the same error...
if i put the IBConsole inside my application folder it works... But my application cannot connect.

As additional information I remember you that I didn't have the gsd32.dll, I had to rename ibtogo.dll. is this correct?
In my Interbase folder I haven't the openssl.txt file, it didn't came in the zip file.
0
Juan
7/28/2010 4:23:02 PM
> {quote:title=Juan Chiva wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> > Juan Chiva wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am using Interbase 2009 to go edition licensed, and it works great with the IBConsole. I mean I can create new databeses, explore the tables, etc..
> > > The problem is that when I try to do an application with C++ Builder 2010 and IBX components the connection to the database fails and I get the "unavailable batabase" error.
> > >
> > > I did the next steps:
> > >
> > > - I used  TIBDatabase component in my C++ Builder application.
> > > - I renamed de ibtogo.dll to gsd32.dll and put it into the same folder of my apllication
> > > - I added the Interbase folder to the same folder of my application.
> > >           - Inside the Interbase folder I have all the files that works with the IBConsole.
> > >
> > > Where is the problem?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Edited by: Juan Chiva on Jul 28, 2010 6:59 AM
> >
> > The error unavailable database means the server is not running. In your
> > case, I'm guessing more to point of what is happening, is the gds32.dll
> > from the server edition instead of from ToGo is being found.
> >
> > What I would recommend first here to run your application not from the
> > IDE. Based on your description, I believe it will work. When you run
> > from the IDE, pathing is different. The simplest solution is to create
> > an INTERBASE environment variable and make it point to the directory
> > which contains the interbase directory for ToGo. Otherwise, because the
> > working directory when running from the IDE is the bin folder of your
> > IDE, I believe copying the interbase directory from ToGo to the bin
> > folder would work. Another solution is to alter your path.
>
> Thanks for your response,
>
> I tried to execute the application out of the IDE, but i get the same error...
> if i put the IBConsole inside my application folder it works... But my application cannot connect.
>
> As additional information I remember you that I didn't have the gsd32.dll, I had to rename ibtogo.dll. is this correct?
> In my Interbase folder I haven't the openssl.txt file, it didn't came in the zip file.

It works!!!!

I have problems with the IDE in design time, but executing the application out of the IDE it works.
Anyone knows how to execute the program inside the IDE without problems??

Juan
7/29/2010 1:58:26 PM
Juan Chiva wrote:

> I have problems with the IDE in design time, but executing the
> application out of the IDE it works.  Anyone knows how to execute the
> program inside the IDE without problems??

	You probably have a different gds32.dll loaded in the IDE's process.
You can fix that.

--
Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/

"unavailable database" fishFacts demo not running Delphi 2010 Enterprise [Edit]
I tried making an Alias but not sure what name should be? It is a gdb dbDemos.gdb file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\CodeGear Shared\Data\dbdemos.gdb I tried starting 2009 Interbase server But that did not seem to help. Strange to be having such problems.Debugger does not seem to give helpful answer. Any help is appreciated Richard PS it would be nice to see youtube clip on how to make a a report with a database grid and how to print it. Also nice to see a video on how to make an installation disk for a database project? Or is Inno Setup the best option for this ? ...

embedded firebird :"Unavailable database" [Edit]
Hello, I just installed firebird Embedded, by copying the firebird file "fbembed.dll" at the root of my delphi(2006) application and then renoming it to "GDS32.dll" On my form I put an TIBDatabase and in the proprety "Database name", i mention the path oy data base (base.gdb), I pass after that the "Connected properties " to "True" I enter my username and my password and I have an error message: "*Unavailable database*" ... What is this? I searched and I found that Firebird server (embedded) accepts only one connection...

Database Attributes are always "database shutdown", but DB runs [Edit]
Hello, one of our InterBase production systems now shows a strange status in the Database header: * the transaction number no longer increases * the Attributes are 'database shutdown' We have backuped / restored the database and the problem still exists. If we open the database in IBConsole and check the Database statistics, we get this report every time: {code} Database header page information: Flags 0 Checksum 12345 Generation 265 Page size 8192 ODS version ...

"Edit" Vs"Edit Mask"
Are there any potential problems changing a datawindow date field from "edit" to "edit style" and vice versa? I have over 100 datawindows and who knows how many of them have date fields. Question is if I change the edit style from "Edit" to "Edit Mask" of dd/mmm/yyyy. Will this cause any kind of problems? TIA Well we changed ours from editmask to edit (partly because of the large numbers of bugs in edit masks in early builds of PB7, partly because our customers found editmasks unfriendly to use) and it didn't cause any problems. ...

DataControlRowState is "Edit" or "Alternate, Edit"
In the Gridview RowDataBound event, I check for the state of the row to cast some controls and manipulate with them:Protected Sub gvAutori_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then            If e.Row.RowState = DataControlRowState.Normal Or e.Row.RowState = DataControlRowState.Alternate Then             ...            ElseIf e.Row.RowStat...

What is with the " [Edit] [Edit] [Edit]" posts?
Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is okay. But, at least with my newsreader, Agent 6, longer threads tend to get broken into pieces, with "[Edit]" attached to the topic name. And sometimes longer threads then get [Edit] [Edit] and then [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] For example, here is a current thread: FastMM 4.96 available [Edit] [Edit] [Edit] How does this happen? Can I make them show up as one thread? Paul Doland wrote: > Don't know where I should post this, hopefully a short thread here is > okay. But, at least with my...

How do I set a home page. Traffic Swarm says just click "edit" then "preferences," but there is no "preferences," under "edit."
Name: Theodore Pong Email: theodorepongatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: How do I set a home page. Traffic Swarm says just click "edit" then "preferences," but there is no "preferences," under "edit." Comments: How do I set a home page. Traffic Swarm says just click "edit" then "preferences," but there is no "preferences," under "edit." Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services
Hi My project is in .NET 2003 i.e. framework 1.1 and database in SQLServer 2000. But the reports have been developed using SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services. Now when I am trying to deploy them through deployment project of .NET its giving me following error:"Using other editions of SQL Server for report data sources and/or the report server database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.  Now I am really confused with this. Can any one please guide me regarding this ASAP. Thanks, Falguni    You will need to use the SQL Server ...

Change from Edit Style "Edit" till "DropDownDW" at runtime
Is it possible to change the edit style from "Edit" till "DropDownDW" at runtime? I want a DropDownDataWindow to appear when in query-mode only. How do I do it ? Thanks for any help! Turid Have you tried to use the Modify command? I didn't look up the syntax for this but it would be something like : dw_1.Modify("column_name.dddw.Name='d_list'") dw_1.Modify("colun_name.dddw.DataColumn='list_id'") You will need to GetChild() on "column_name" to retrieve the list but I'm sure you get the idea. HTH Turi...

generate all "CREATE DATABASE" DLL and all "DATABASE
Hi, I would like to generate all "CREATE DATABASE" DLL and all "DATABASE OBJECT" DLL. I don't want to use SQL central to this because I have a lot of database, I prefer a automatic process instead of a manuel one. Thank you so much form your help R�mi >>>>> "mi" == mi Roy <R> writes: mi> Hi, I would like to generate all "CREATE DATABASE" DLL and all mi> "DATABASE OBJECT" DLL. mi> I don't want to use SQL central to this because I have a lot of mi> database, I pref...

which database does the database refer in "Not connected to a database" of the second paragraph
I. 01/01 02:30:40. Synchronization Started I. 01/01 02:30:40. Adaptive Server Anywhere MobiLink Synchronization Version 8.0.2.4258 I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. Copyright _ 1989-2002 Sybase, Inc. Portions Copyright _ 2002, iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. I. 01/01 02:30:40. All rights reserved. All unpublished rights reserved. I. 01/01 02:30:40. I. 01/01 02:30:40. This software contains confidential and trade secret information of I. 01/01 02:30:40. iAnywhere Solutions, Inc. Use, duplication or disclosure of the software and documentation I. ...

What is "Support & Maintenance for Delphi 2009 Pro"? [Edit]
At my work in a university, I'm already using RAD Studio 2009 (educational version), and I'm very happy with it. I also use Delphi for commercial projects outside the university, so I'm considering upgrading my D2005 Pro to D2009. When I go to the Codegear shop, this is what's on offer: Delphi 2009 Pro Upgrade ESD Can$374.00 Support & Maintenance for Delphi 2009 Pro Can$270.00 So my question is: what is the second item? What do I get for it, and what do I not get if I don't purchase it? For instance, if I don't buy it, are the upd...

Error: "Query: dataset not in Edit mode": in delphi code for Rave Report [Edit]
I am trying to write a Delphi code (Delphi 2010) to print a rave report from the access database; I am using RVSystemprint method; q1 is a query name. I get error message " q1: dataset not in edit or insert mode", at the line: while not q1.Eof. Even though I added q1.Edit or q1.insert, it doesn't work. Database's readonly property is FALSE. What is missing in the code? Thanks. procedure TForm1.rsysPrint(Sender: TObject); begin with Sender as TBaseReport do begin ..... q1.Open; q1.Edit; q1.first; while not q1.Eof do begin ... end; .... ...

no "enable editing" "enable deleting" "enable updating"
In my visual studio 2005 beta1,there is no "enable editing", "enable deleting", "enable updating"options. why? is the vision wrong??thanks! Which control are you talking about?/Fredrik Normén - fredrikn @ twitterMicrosoft MVP, MCSD, MCAD, MCTASPInsidersMy Blog "gridview" control!! I have, so you should also have it if you create a data source for the GridView control in the design view and make sure you have specified the Insert and Update Command for the DataSource. You can also add a CommandField to the GridView columns <asp:CommandFi...

Web resources about - "unavailable database" interbase 2009 to go edition [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.database