Views in MS Access

Hi,

I created a view with an SQL statement using an ADO command:

create view MYVIEW as SELECT * from MYTABLE;

I can use the view, but I don't see it listed when I open the MDB file
with MS Access.

Can somebody tell my why and what I have to change to see my views?

cu Christian
0
Christian

Christian,

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:06:32 -0000, Christian Kaufmann
<christian.kaufmann@gmx.net> wrote:

> I created a view with an SQL statement using an ADO command:
>
> I can use the view, but I don't see it listed when I open the MDB file
> with MS Access.

All my views can be accessed from the "Objects" panel - under "Queries"

(or View / DatabaseObjects / Queries )

--
Paul Scott
Information Management Systems
>> I can use the view, but I don't see it listed when I open the MDB file
>> with MS Access.
>
>All my views can be accessed from the "Objects" panel - under "Queries"

Not in my MDB: http://www.geologix.ch/downloads/testview.mdb

I created a test query where I use the view "v_recordtoptimes". This
works fine, but the view itself is not listed under the query objects.

cu Christian
0
Christian

I finally found the answer:

Not really great but at least it's a known behaviour.

cu Christian
0
Christian
1/16/2009 8:00:07 AM
Christian,

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:00:07 -0000, Christian Kaufmann
<christian.kaufmann@gmx.net> wrote:

> I finally found the answer:

PRB: Views Created Using ADOX Are Not Visible in Access 2000

Solution: Don't use ADOX to create your views!

Build up your CREATE VIEW statement in a string and call...

     AdoConnection.Execute ( aSqlCommand, result, [eoExecuteNoRecords] )

Works for me!

--
Paul Scott
Information Management Systems
Macclesfield, UK
0
Paul
1/16/2009 9:01:12 AM
>Solution: Don't use ADOX to create your views!
>
>Build up your CREATE VIEW statement in a string and call...
>
>     AdoConnection.Execute ( aSqlCommand, result, [eoExecuteNoRecords] )
>
>Works for me!

It doesn't work for me. I don't see views created with an regular SQL
DDL statement.

Anyway, I don't really care as long as the views are there. I just use
access as a database. Not my choice but the customer, because like
this he can do some own reports with access. And my views are only for
internal calculations in the application.

cu Christian
0
Christian

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

How to: Window application with Delphi XE to access MS Access database?
I need to develop a Window application with Delphi XE to generate a form, which can display the data retrieved from an existing Microsoft Access database and update the data value in database as needed. Can someone advise me how should I get started and which implementation shall I use? Which tutorial materials can I look for? I am a new Delphi user. I called Embarcadero tech support on this subject, but got zero support from them. Thank you. Allen Allen, > I need to develop a Window application with Delphi XE to generate a form, > which can display the data retrieved fro...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

GridView data table and MS Access table. Some time I like MS Access...
Hi: I want all the rows and coloums data showing in the GridView can be editable, just like the MS Access table on the form, you can modify and update any cell and it will be saved if your mouse leave that cell (or you click "Save" button). The reason I ask is: everyday I have about hundrands of data need to be set the date(Today's date), to be set the status (on/off), and input Receipt Num, if I using Gridview's "Edit" "Update" feature, I find there are still two many clicks, and also the selected rows changing the size and p...

Connect to MS Access with ADO.Net
I connect PB 10.5 to MSAccess with ADO.Net with the following connection string; // Profile SQLCA.DBMS = "ADO.Net" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',DataSource='c:\datos.mdb',Provider='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' ,TrimSpaces=1,OJSyntax='ANSI',DelimitIdentifier='No',DateFormat='#dd-mm-yyyy#' ,DateTimeFormat='#dd-mm-yy hh:mm:ss#',TimeFormat='#hh:mm:ss#'" but PB not recognize the primary keys of the tables ?? In the IDE i can't change data and save changes ??? ...

SendObject Error while sending email with MS Access 2002 (MS Access error 2293)
Name: Benjamin Pfab Email: bpatxuitsdotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: SendObject Error while sending email with MS Access 2002 (MS Access error 2293) Comments: After the latest update of Thunderbird (during the last week) the sending of emails fails via the "SendObject" function of MS Access 2002. Error message is "MS Access could not send this email". If possible, please help! Thank you! Regards Benjamin Pfab Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From U...

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

To use a Ms Access view having parameter in powerbuilder
I am using MS Access 2007 database in powerbuilder 11.2 Application. I create a view there with parameter . Example View is 'Select * from sales_tbl' . Parameter is MonthNo = ar_motn How I can call this view in a datawindow . Please help very urgent Pol On Dec 16, 8:20=A0pm, Pol wrote: > I am using MS Access 2007 database in powerbuilder 11.2 > Application. I create a view there with parameter . > > Example > View is 'Select * from sales_tbl' . Parameter is MonthNo =3D > ar_motn > > How I can call this view in a datawindow . > ...

Viewing MS Word Docs in Web Access
When I recieve an email with a MS Word document attached and try to view it it comes out garbled. Where can I get the latest viewer files? Thanks Mike mohmann@isd742.org wrote: > When I recieve an email with a MS Word document attached and try to view > it it comes out garbled. Where can I get the latest viewer files? I doubt its your viewer files. First, on the server running gwinter.nlm, try deleteing sys:sccopt.bin and sccfilt.bin, then restart gwinter. If that doesn't work, tell me what you have in sys:system\cache on the same server. -- Jim NSC SYsop ...

DBD::Access? [was: MS Access]
The message further below went accidentally not to the list... > Tim Harsch wrote: > > Forgive my naivity (or just flawed understanding) but how would one go > about creating a DBD::Access? For instance DBD::Oracle is built on > OCI, does Access have a similar network protocol? I thought that ODBC > was about the only MS supported method of communicating to it... One of the earlier mails said: > > From: Tim Bunce > > On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:27:20AM -0700, Jeff Zucker wrote: > > > Orlando Andico wrote: > > > > > >...

MS Access 97 into ASA 7 with ADO?
I just saw this from a post by Jason Hinsperger on July 11 2001: What piece of software are you actually using to create your connection? It sounds like you may be using Microsoft Access, in which case it is hard coded to only support Microsoft SQL Server OLE DB connections. -- Jason Hinsperger International and Sustaining Engineering Adaptive Server Anywhere Well, is this really true? Can one not use either AsaProv or MSDASQL to get to ASA 7 from Access Basic? My impression is that ADO calls do not go thru the Jet Engine. So I would expect that any OLE DB provider would...

Access to MS-Access denied
I'm moving data from MS-Access *.mdb files (using Win32::ODBC) to a postgresql database (using DBD:Pg). While I'n not having problems to do it with many ordinary *.mdb files I'm unable now to transfer data from an Access file which is protected. As a matter of fact the launching icon on my NT desktop has the following line in it (which gives me r/w rights on the db): "C:\programs\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCES.EXE""V:\PE\myfile.mdb/user De Martino/nostartup". I've tried to give the login "De Martino" (no password is required) to the ...

Web resources about - Views in MS Access - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Random-access memory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Random access memory ( RAM ) is a form of computer data storage . A random access device allows stored data to be accessed in any order in very ...

LastPass password manager update adds emergency access, sharing center and new UI
LastPass has updated its Mac and iOS apps and browser extensions to version 4.0 to add an emergency access feature and shared passwords, as well ...

LastPass 4.0 debuts new look and Emergency Access feature
... 4.0 unveils a major new redesign, focusing on a simpler, more visually pleasing vault, plus unveils two new tools of interest: Emergency Access ...

Buy an Amazon Fire tablet now and get access to $10,000 worth of apps for free
You will stay thoroughly entertained by watching and listening to millions of movies, TV shows, songs and more with a Fire tablet. The Amazon ...

Mobile device access in schools to grow in 2016
... survey of K-12 technology leaders indicated waning enthusiasm for adoption of 1-to-1 mobile device programs where each student has access to ...

FCC Chair: 39% Of Rural America Lacks Broadband Access
If you live in the city, it’s almost a certainty that your property can get high-speed Internet access from at least one company. But for rural ...

LastPass gets a fancy new look, emergency access, Sharing Center
LastPass, one of the best and most popular password management clients, just got a major upgrade that brings a fancy new look, emergency access ...

Humble Weekly is all Tom Clancy games, including beta access for The Division
... The Division , Ubisoft is offering upward of ten past games from the franchise at a discount. The big draw for many people will likely be access ...

Twitter Restores Politwoops' API Access, Allowing It To Post Politicians' Deleted Tweets Once Again
In a win for government transparency, Twitter has reinstated API access for a service that automatically monitors politicians' profiles for deleted ...

Judge: Pot Credit Union Can't Access Nation's Banking System
Judge dismisses suit seeking federal approval for credit union to serve Colorado pot shops