TClientDataset and Calculated field problem (Delphi XE3)

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with a TClientDataset and a calculated field. I have migrate my code from Delphi 6 to Delphi XE3, and in Delphi 6, I had a TADODataset with the next properties: CursorLocation: clUseServer, CursorType: ctOpenForwardOnly and LockType: ltReadOnly. In this Dataset I add a calculated field. Then I have a TClientDataset which is related with the ADOdataset by a TDatasetProvider. And the data, is shown on a DBGrid. This works on Delphi 6, but in Delphi XE3, I have to set the TADODataset cursorl
ocation to clUseClient in order to work correctly, but of course this is not what I want, because this loads all the data twice, and the table could have lot of registries. Is this happening to anyone else? Or why this behaviour change? Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
0
Igor

Delphi XE3 plus CBuilder XE3 demo is still Delphi only
Have Delphi XE3 installed (and registered), tried to install the CBuilder XE3 demo to see if it work as required. The result is that only Delphi was updated and no CBuilder available. Is there a way to test it - I would have upgraded to full RadStudio but doubted the CBuilder 64 bit compiler would be available in time (deadline is almost here and already ported the code to VC++ but don't particularly like it). ...

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Problem with Delphi 6 to Delphi 7 upgrade
I have just purchased Delphi XE because I have an immediate need of D7 which came for free with XE. I downloaded and installed D7 and I think I applied the Update 1 that I had also downloaded. After much messing around with old components, I have finally attempted to compile my D6 project with D7. I get the following error:- [Fatal Error] apm.dpr(225): Unit ExtDlgs was compiled with a different version of ExtCtrls.TPanel I have checked the library paths all point to D7 versions of everything and now am at a loss to know what to do next. Also checked the sequence to make sure that al...

Delphi XE3 Intraweb have a problem
I was developed using Delphi XE3 Intraweb, and have a problem. The object "IWServerController" port has set 9000. However, when I run the program, the HTTP port will become 1540, and each time this port will add one, and cannot be fixed. I would like to ask how to exclude the problem, thank you. > {quote:title=dennis liu wrote:}{quote} > I was developed using Delphi XE3 Intraweb, and have a problem. > The object "IWServerController" port has set 9000. However, when I run the program, the HTTP port will become 1540, and each time this port will add one, and...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

ArcGIS runtime errors after upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3
We have an application written in Delphi Pascal that accesses the ArcGIS 9.3 API through the COM interface. We recently upgraded from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3 and ever since we upgraded we have been getting runtime errors in the ArcGIS libraries that we were not getting before. Specifically the error is always "invalid floating point operation". The first one that was occurring was happening in the method "sg.SgCoordRefSetZ". I was able to eliminate this error by adding a call to FGeoSpatialReference.SetZDomain(-10000, 100000.0) even though there is nowhere that we&#...

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

Delphi XE3, Dealing with EIdOSSLUnderlyingCryptoError problems.
Hi Fellas, I'm dealing with this strange situation and now, i'm in a dead point. I have an application working OK with Delphi 2010 and Indy. I use TIdTCPServer, TidTCpClient and OpenSLL with the Indy SSL component. Under Delphi 2010, all is working fine. The client and the server. Now, my bosses have Delphi XE3. And they wanted to change THE SERVER Application, adding new features for our users. So, I compiled my server application with Delphi XE3 and SOMETIMES, it's working fine. But sometimes, very often, on server, after a client logs-in, at this line, ...

Web resources about - TClientDataset and Calculated field problem (Delphi XE3) - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow