Improvment

I know that if tou have two table conncetd like this
select * from Orders,items
where Orders.orderNo=Items.Orderno
and coneted with dbgrid and if you like to delete some row will be displaayed   message that you can not delete products because you have things what references to him (or something similar)
Is this "errors"( in ADO)  correceted ?
I.e is ADO improve in Delphi 2007 for example?
0
Pero

> I know that if tou have two table conncetd like this
> select * from Orders,items
> where Orders.orderNo=Items.Orderno
> and coneted with dbgrid and if you like to delete some row will be displaayed   message that you can not delete products because you have things what references to him (or something similar)
> Is this "errors"( in ADO)  correceted ?

That sounds like an error from the database due to referential integrity you have set up
0
Brian
3/2/2009 2:50:10 AM
> {quote:title=Pero perov wrote:}{quote}
> I know that if tou have two table conncetd like this
> select * from Orders,items
> where Orders.orderNo=Items.Orderno
> and coneted with dbgrid and if you like to delete some row will be displaayed   message that you can not delete products because you have things what references to him (or something similar)
> Is this "errors"( in ADO)  correceted ?
> I.e is ADO improve in Delphi 2007 for example?

I suppose it could be a data error as suggested by another person.  However, it is easy to demonstrate that this and other errors also appear when there is no integrity problem in the data.

I have found that if I perform a delete when a DBGrid has focus and that grid is populated by an ADO-based component, there can be error messages that make no sense.  I have suggested to others that they move focus off of the DBGrid before any INSERT or DELETE, and some of them found that this made their spurious errors disappear.
0
Mike