Delphi 2009 upd2 + ADO + Sybase ASA 10.0.1 = weird table locks?

Hi there,

I'm facing a strange behaviour of Delphi/ADO/Sybase ASA:
Application has a main form, where I place one TADOConnection (AC) and one TADOQuery (AQ). I set up connection string (Provider=SAOLEDB.10;Persist Security Info=True;OLE DB Services=-2;User ID=dba;Password=sql;Data Source=MyTestODBC), the rest of the parameters remains default. In AQ I hook up the connection to my AC, SQL is a simple "Select User_Name From User_List Where User_Id=1", rest of the parameters remains default.
As soon as I open the AQ,the table "User_List" remains locked, I can see it in Sybase Central's "Table locks" tabsheet. When I Close the AQ, the table remains locked, it gets unlocked only when the application quits.

My question is, what I'm doing wrong? I tried to play around with parameters, the behaviour is the same - I tried changing LockType, CursorType, CursorLocation in AQ, I tried changing Mode in AC, nothing helps. I even tried to create the AC and AQ in runtime (in OnCreate of form), and the Free it in OnClose of form, but Free doesn't help, table still remains locked. I was succesfull only when I placed the AC and AQ in a separate form, created this form in runtime, in its OnCreate I created the AC and AQ,
both of them I Free-d in OnClose of form, but the table lock got released when I freed up only when I freed up this form...

Thanks in advance, maybe I'm doing something wrong

Igor
0
Igor

Sybase 10.0.1.3764 / Delphi 5 / NativeDB
Hi, We've patched up a few of our v10 databases this weekend to test the latest release before rolling it out and we have instances where DataSet.RecordCount is returning a zero value even though there are records when we loop through the result set. Dataset.IsEmpty returns false but unfortunately we don't use that in many places in the code so the app doesn't work with the latest 3764 patch. Are there any releases coming out soon to fix this? Up to this point v10 was starting to feel a lot more stable and we were getting confident to upgrade the other 40 databa...

Delphi 2.0 and Sybase 11: shared intent table locks not released?
We are using Delphi 2.0 (Win95, 32-bit) to develop against a Sybase System 11 server (11.0.3, Windows NT 4.0). We have made heavy use of Delphi's data-aware controls, linking them to TQuery components. We have just discovered the following: When a query retrieves a result set that is larger (at least one more network packet's worth) than what the client form can initially display, the query remains open, waiting to retrieve the unsent results, should the user decide to scroll down. (The Sybase process has a status of "send sleep".) Even though the query has released...

ADO.NET ASA 8.0.1
Hello All, I've been having a problem with a table row being locked after updating a row. This generally occurs only after I have performed this update 4 times consecutively, on the fifth attempt I get a record locked error. I am not wrapping this update in a transaction, all I do is open a connection, perform the update and close the connection. I did notice that in Sybase Central the last request for my connection reads "CURSOR_OPEN @ 2002-09-26 02:04:43000". Apparently other people have encountered a record locking problem, but they claim it was fixed in the 8....

ASA 6.0.1 and ADO 2.0
Hi, I just download the ASA 6.0.1 evaluation, for making some tests with VB 6.0 and the new DataEnvironment whichs work through ADO 2.0. On my tests using the ODBC provider all was working fine, then I had to install the MS SQL 7.0 client tools. After that I can't browse the tables in ASA from the Data View Window in VB. I thinks this has to do with an updated version of ADO that comes with SQL 7.0. Does anyone know how to fix this? I think ASA is better for my needs but if I can't make it work with my development tool is useless. Thank you, Mario Enriquez P.S....

Migration From Sybase ASA 7.0 to Sybase ASA 9.0 ,10,11
Hiii I have the database in sybase sql anywhere 7.0(old version) and i would like to migrate the data from sybase sql anywhere 7.0 to sybase sql anywhere 9.) OR(10,11).Do u know how to do this ?.Please help me and suggest how should I convert my sybase 7 to sybase 9 (10,11) IHMO this question would be better posted to sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general. But I will give you my 2 cents: I would use SQLA 11. Sybase Central has a wizard to unload databases from older versions into the new structure. In most cases that worked like a charm (better than older versions). We had some ...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

what are the dataset features of 2.0 as compared with ado.net 1.1 & 1.0
 Hi,What are the dataset features of ado.net 2.0 as compared with ado.net 1.1 & 1.0.I need in-depth knowledgeplease give perfect solution. Friend, here are the new features of the Dataset in the 2.0 http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/amit_agrl/DataSetFeature.doc08222005024247AM/DataSetFeature.doc.aspx http://www.15seconds.com/issue/050302.htm   Good luck!Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. sankar.nvss :What are the dataset features of ado.net ...

Sybase ADO.NET Provider, Version 1.1.376.0, Internal error: 30031
Hi I get a misterious error with this provider. Here is the story. I upgrade database servers from ASE 12.5.0.3 to 12.5.2 yesterday. Servers are running on WindowsXP, Linux and SUN. WindowsXP Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.2/EBF 12060 ESD#2/P/NT (IX86)/OS 4.0/ase1252/1844/32-bit/OPT/Thu Aug 12 00:13:38 2004 Linux: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.2/EBF 11799/P/Linux Intel/Enterprise Linux/ase1252/1831/32-bit/OPT/Fri Apr 9 02:53:50 2004 Sun: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.2/EBF 11791/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/ase1252/1831/64-bit/FBO/Fri Apr 9 12:47:36 2004 When the upgrade...

Sybase ADO.NET Provider, Version 1.1.376.0, Internal error: 30016 or 30002
Hi I get a series of internal errors 30016 or 30002, when I'm connecting to ASE 12.5.3 on Linux or Sun Solaris, Sun Solaris Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12455 ESD#2/P/Sun_svr4/OS 5.8/ase1253/1904/64-bit/FBO/Wed Mar 23 03:04:04 2005 Linux Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12600 ESD#3/P/Linux Intel/Enterprise Linux/ase1253/1911/32-bit/OPT/Fri Jul 8 02:32:50 2005 through a slow line, aprox. 128-256Kbit/s. Internal error 30016 sometimes occurs on 100Mbit LAN. Any conversions, any smalldatetime is used. I get internal error 30016 on select of 2 columns from...

Smoke [5.10.0] 2009-01-27.10:30:06 FAIL(m) netbsd 4.0.1 (i386/1 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.10.0 patch 86fd4b08fa75512264ceebfdfd6cce4ce475f690 2009-01-27.10:30:06 p5netbsd: AMD Duron (686-class) (i386/1 cpu) on netbsd - 4.0.1 using cc version 4.1.2 20061021 prerelease (NetBSD nb3 20061125) smoketime 18 minutes 36 seconds (average 2 minutes 19.500 seconds) Summary: FAIL(m) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = make (after minip...

Web resources about - Delphi 2009 upd2 + ADO + Sybase ASA 10.0.1 = weird table locks? - embarcadero.delphi.ado