DataSet.Insert - problem with current pending values. [Edit]

Never mind it was my fault.....how can I delete this post? :|

Hi.

take a look at this example:

var
  tbeItems: TADOTable;
  tbeItems.Active := True;
  tbeItems.Insert;
  tbeItems.Fields[2].Value := 100;

Now, how to check what is the current value of tbeItems.Fields[2]? Because tbeItems.Fields[2].Value gives me null(?) also NewValue and CurValue gies me null.
However when I do tbeItems.Post everything is ok - tbeItems.Fields[2].Value = 100; But I want to know the Value BEFORE posting data into database.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by: Dimitrij Kowalski on Feb 20, 2009 4:50 AM
0
Dimitrij

ADOQuery "Dataset not in edit or insert mode" when higher lev query inserts
I have a series of ADOQueries which all have their Data Sources linked to the query "above" them. So changing what I am viewing in my highest level query will cascade down and display multiple levels of data. The problem I am having now is that when I try to perform an insert on my top level Query (using the DBNavigator component) the Query right below it gives the error: "ADOQuery2: Dataset not in edit or insert mode". It throws this error twice and then proceeds to let me enter new information in all queries. So basically, it does what I want, it just throws up an...

Error: "Query: dataset not in Edit mode": in delphi code for Rave Report [Edit]
I am trying to write a Delphi code (Delphi 2010) to print a rave report from the access database; I am using RVSystemprint method; q1 is a query name. I get error message " q1: dataset not in edit or insert mode", at the line: while not q1.Eof. Even though I added q1.Edit or q1.insert, it doesn't work. Database's readonly property is FALSE. What is missing in the code? Thanks. procedure TForm1.rsysPrint(Sender: TObject); begin with Sender as TBaseReport do begin ..... q1.Open; q1.Edit; q1.first; while not q1.Eof do begin ... end; .... ...

detail view drop down box value in insert or edit with system.dbnull.value update if no selection
      <asp:DetailsView ID="dvChild" runat="server" DefaultMode=Insert  AutoGenerateRows="False"      DataSourceID="dsCAddAndModify" HeaderText="Input child who is not in database" DataKeyNames="CName"       Width="692px" OnItemInserted="dvChild_ItemInserted" OnItemUpdated="dvChild_ItemUpdated"  OnDataBound="dvChild_DataBound"  Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="Large">    &n...

Dataset Not In Edit or Insert Mode
I'm attempting to insert a new record into an MySQL database using a TFDQuery object (named qryTimes). There are various controls linked with LiveBindings, including a grid and a TBindNavigator. If I attempt to insert a record either programmatically (qryTimes.insert;) or by using the appropriate button on the TBindNavigator I get the error "qryTimes: Dataset Not In Edit or Insert Mode". I am able to scroll through the table and change data which are getting posted to the database (so therefore I know it's not a read only view). The SQL statement is very simple: ...

Editting Values in DataSet Before DataBinding
Am executing an SQL query which returns one row. Before I bind the dataset containing the query results to the Repeater, I wish to manipulate some of the rows column values. How could I go about this?strConn=".....";mycn = new SqlConnection(strConn);myda = new SqlDataAdapter (".......", mycn);ds = new DataSet();myda.Fill (ds,"AHD");Repeater1.DataSource = ds.Tables["AHD"].DefaultView;Repeater1.DataBind();ThanksGareth Hey, You can access field values through: ds.Tables(0).Rows(<index>).Item("column name") <- this gets at the specific cell value You can set a new value to the fi...

returning values when inserting dataset
Hi, I'm looking for a way to return my identity values when inserting values using a dataset. Currently I'm using the db.UpdateDataSet method, passing a typed dataset, 3 insert commands created using a CommandBuilder and UpdateBehavior.Standard. I tried adding an outputparameter on the insert command and changing the command text to also do a "SELECT @@IDENTITY", however I'm not getting any values in this output parameter. When I'm inserting the DataSet contains only 1 record at the moment. (so I COULD use execute scalar, but I'd like to use my typed ...

DataSet Insert Command return values
Dear All I got a problem about when i using SqlDataAdapter pass a DataSet to the Sql Server Data Base for inputing Multiple records, i need each return values from store procedure. For each time when the store proecdure has been run, it will return difference value of the output parameter, my output parameter is a autoincrease INT. but the problem is i just can got a one value, which is the output parameter at the last time the store proecdure is run. For example, i have 3 records in the DataSet, when the program run sda.Update(ds, "Table"); the program wil be inse...

Validating values in a detailsview edit/insert
Hi, I have a Data grid view which links to a details view grid. When i row is selected in the data Grid the record loads in the details view. In the details view you can add/edit/delete a record but when i try to enter a incorrect value during the edit/add then i get a system generated error. What i would like to do is validate the fields before the insert/update is called but the detailsview controls (textboxes, comboboxes) are automatically assigned & set within the details view control so how do i validate the fields before they run the sql to insert/update a record?...

IWForm with ado dataset issues. [Edit]
I'm fairly new to intraweb, so please forgive the naivety. Intraweb version 12.2.19 I have created a intraweb application that uses a shared datamodule. The user session has tclientdatasets to hold the data for the web forms. That part works correctly. I add a "Migration" page to the application that will be used by only 1 person. Once the migration is complete I will remove the page from the application. I thought I could put the data controls directly on the iwform (adoconnection, adoquery, datasource). I am able to load and display data from those controls, but ...

How to edit rows values inside a DataSet
  Hello, I' m a novice in asp.net and I will be glad if someone can help me:   1. I have populated a dataset object with URLs extracted from a database... Dim ds As DataSet = MyFunctionToGetDataFromDatabase()   2.  I edit each row, inserting an html link...For r As Integer = 0 To ds.Tables(0).Rows.Count - 1        ds.Tables(0).Rows(r).Item(0) = "<a href=""" + ds.Tables(0).Rows(r).Item(0).ToString + """>my link "+ (r +1) +"</a>" Next r  3. Make a da...

Typed Dataset Insert Default Value
I have a strongly typed dataset generated by Visual Studio 2005.As you can see below I have a Column named Dato with Default getdate().What I want to achieve is that when no value is set on the TegningRow.DatoThe Dato field should be getdate() (Sql server localtime).If you read this and want to suggest that I set the TegningRow.Dato = System.DateTime.Now or something like that, I beg you not.Because my goal is to know how to insert the default values for all kind of Columns when they are not defined or when they are NULL.Another thing; I have tried to set my Database Tegning Dato column to A...

Find a value in the currently editing row
Okay I have some code that will run in the gridview once a checkbox is changed (checkchanged event).  How do I receive values from the same row in order to use it to run specific code?  Hello elbasha,When using something like a SqlDataSource, the underlying data is not immediately available during the CheckedChanged event of a CheckBox.  If however, you can just read the values out of controls in the row, then this solution might work for you.  I have a table, tblPerson that has information about people including ID, FirstName, LastName, Age, Related, Notes.  Here ...

Value that is currently being edited from GridView into a Session or so...
 Hello, I have a bit of a problem, apparently I'm unable to retrieve a value from my GridView. I would want to use that value so it appears in a MsgBox as confirmation that I do want to delete *that* certain Row from the AccessDataSource. After that (or before) it needs to be put in a variable so I can see what I have deleted last. If anyone knows how to do this, I'd really appreciate it.. Been searching for ages now. Example:<click delete button> MsgBox pops up with "Are you sure you want to delete Example12?" <click ok> <label on top of ...

Inserting only numerical values into Edit-box
Hi, I am faced with a coding-problem: How to forced the Edit1.TEdit when focused, to accept only numerical values “0..9” (including the scientific notation “E”, “+”, “-“, and decimal separator depending on the computer system) from the keyboard. Furthermore, no space is allowed within the content of the numerical value. The numeral value can be of the type, say, 145 or 196.066 or 254E+5 or 66E-5. I have Delphi 5 installed on my computer. A code will be highly appreciated. Regards, Hans Adamsson Hans Adamsson wrote: > I am faced with a coding-problem: How to forced the E...

Web resources about - DataSet.Insert - problem with current pending values. [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ado

Data set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For IBM mainframe term for a file, see Data set (IBM mainframe) . For the telecommunications interface device, see Modem . A dataset (or data ...

Data : Where can I get large datasets open to the public?
Answer (1 of 91): Here's the ones I've found most useful: CrunchBase, US Census, Google Public Data, Infochimps, Timetric, Factual, Freebase, ...

YouTube - Hans Rosling: Let my dataset change your mindset
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2009 http://www.ted.com Talking at the US State Department this summer, Hans Rosling uses his fascinating data-bubble software ...

The Mindset, Skillset, Dataset Approach to Social Media
... Social media is comprised primarily of unstructured data, which is difficult to analyze. A new approach called Mindset, Skillset, Dataset can ...

Sending large datasets to Amazon? Use the Post Office
Amazon has introduced a new method to move large amounts of data to and from …

IDG Contributor Network: Are datasets truly anonymized? Two well-suited researchers are going to find ...
With little fanfare or formality, Adam Smith , associate professor of computer science and engineering in Penn State's School of Electrical Engineering ...

House GOP looks to shed light on EPA secret datasets
House Republicans have introduced a bill that would block the Environmental Protection Agency from crafting regulations based on “secret” scientific ...

Google Making It Easier to Transfer Huge Datasets on the Cloud
... Cloud Import services are now in preview mode, but could later be available on a widespread basis to help enterprises move their large datasets ...

Environmental datasets, reverse auction legislation and military email
News and notes from around the federal IT community. The White House's Data.gov has added five datasets to the Ecosystem Vulnerability theme ...

Easily Manipulate Terabyte-Sized Datasets With GraphLab
Easily Manipulate Terabyte-Sized Datasets With GraphLab