Backup a MySQL database from Delphi

Is there an easy way to backup/restore a MySQL tables from my Delphi application. The database is hosted by my Web host. To remotely connect to my MySQL database, I use ADO (dbGo tab) components. My tables use MyISAM.

Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO?

BTW, I use Delphi 2009.
0
Alexandre

> Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO?

mysqldump does not need any additional connectivity layer,
like ADO, ODBC or what else. mysqldump uses TCP/IP
to connect to MySQL server.

So, all what you need:
- mysqldump of the your MySQL server version;
- run mysqldump from your Delphi application.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev
> {quote:title=Dmitry Arefiev wrote:}{quote}
> > Can I use mysqldump or mysqlhotcopy from Delphi via ADO?
>
> mysqldump does not need any additional connectivity layer,
> like ADO, ODBC or what else. mysqldump uses TCP/IP
> to connect to MySQL server.
>
> So, all what you need:
> - mysqldump of the your MySQL server version;
> - run mysqldump from your Delphi application.
>
> --
> With best regards,
> Dmitry Arefiev
> AnyDAC (www.anydac.com) - Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL,
>   Firebird, Interbase, PostgreSQL, Sybase ASA, SQLite, MS Access, DBX,
>   ODBC, InMem - universal high-speed native data access engine

I'm not sure if I follow you... Can you give me more details on how to achieve this?

Thanks!
0
Alexandre

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Create a MySQL database from another MySQL database or Backup
I'm starting on a new ASP.NET project using MySQL as backend. While I'm familiar with SQL2k, I'm totally new in MySQL. Here's my questions: 1) Given a Web Server for installing the MySQL database, what do I need to start off? MyODBC and/or some other mySQL connector or console? I read tutorial mention Telnet or Shell access. What's that? I know how to create a FTP database in SQL2k. How's that done in MySQL? 2) Also given a backup of a MySQL database as data source and a remote MySQL database the backup was made from, what are the technical steps to create my first MySQL dat...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

MySQL Timestamp fields via Delphi ADO?
What are my options to use timestamps via parameterized inserts and selects from Delphi's ADO components (all Delphi versions)? ...

mysql database, delphi 2010 and connection charset
Hi. I want to write an application which will use a MySQL database. I made a basci connection and queries. Everything is ok, except viewing data from database on a website generated with php. I'm polish and using my national letters and this is problem. When i add text into database in my app written in delphi and then view it in app, everything is ok, national letter are correct. But, when i want to view this data on a website i see strange things where were national letters. Fields in database are defined i n UTF-8, website uses UTF too. I can see on website data added from delphi on...

Several Delphi ADO Database help questions
Okay, I have an Access database connected to an ADO dbgrid in delphi through ADO connections. there are a few problems I'm having with it. Firstly, I have a lookup table for one of my columns set up in access, it's for a supplierID column, it gets the supplier ID number and the supplier name from a suppliers table for you to select from. This doesn't work in the delphi DBGrid, I have looked for ways to allow it to display but all I've found are complex blocks of code that don't work for me and that I don't have the skill to adapt. Secondly, I have several buttons ...

Connection String for ADO Database in delphi prism
Hi, I want to connect to a database with ADO and aspx. from VB code what is the equivalent in delphi prism ? .... Dim MyReader as sqldatareader Dim MyConnection as sqlconnection = new sqlconnection() myConnection.connectionstring = configurationmanager.connectionstrings("DSN_MYDB").connectionstring Dim mycommand as sqlcommand = new sqlcommand() mycommand.commandtext="select * from mytable" mycommand.commandtype = commandtype.text mycommand.connection = myconnection mycommand.connection.open() Myreader=mycommand.executereader(commandbehavior.closeconnec...

SqlConnection not connect to database in Delphi XE 2(mysql).
SqlConnection not connect to database in Delphi XE 2(mysql). Note: The machine was installed with Delphi 2007. error: First chance exception at $7576D36F. Exception class TDBXError with message 'DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized. Client library may be missing, not installed properly, of the wrong version, or the driver may be missing from the system path.'. Process Project6.exe (5732) Help? Aldnet Brasil wrote: > SqlConnection not connect to database in Delphi XE 2(mysql). > Note: The machine was installed with Delphi 2007. > error: > First...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Compatability problem Windows7 and ADO database acces from Delphi XE
All, I don't know where i need to post this, so i thought i'd try here, if someone can tell me where i need to put this posting. I have an application written in Delphi XE which uses ADO database connectivity. It retrieves data from an IBM i (AS400) using SQL either directly or via user defined table functions on the server side. (Queries are run via TADOConnection, TADODataset and TADOQuery) The application runs 100% perfectly on Windows XP, but when i try to run the program on Windows7 i have the following issues: 32 Bit. All the UDTFs work correctly except one. This is not...

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Web resources about - Backup a MySQL database from Delphi - embarcadero.delphi.ado

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...