Datasnap vs RealThinClient vs kbmMW

Hi,
  I need to start generating some web services for some VCL Win32 apps. I kind of like the n-tier approach with the middle ware running on a Windows box, though running on a Linux box would be nice.I have years of experience with Delphi, I am now on Delphi XE7 and will move to XE9 once its out and stable. My app users will need accounts to access these services, there seems to be some work at hand managing this, I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

 I have gone through the Datasnap examples for server and clients. I looked at dbmMW which seems very complete, RealThinClient looks easier to get going, but how about the account services and account management functions. Are those available somewhere?

I will probably use an MySQL server for the account status, I have been using Devart MySQL for sometime

Any suggestion about the easiest way to get started? .

Thanks,
Bob K.
-1
Robert
8/5/2015 8:22:46 PM
embarcadero.datasnap 643 articles. 1 followers. Follow

With regards to account management, kbmMW contains a very complete set of features for that.
To see some of the many pages of documentation, visit this link:
http://goo.gl/r94uYs

For the authorization manager,look for  "The Authorization manager explained.pdf"

best regards
Kim Madsen/C4D

> {quote:title=Robert Kondner wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>   I need to start generating some web services for some VCL Win32 apps. I kind of like the n-tier approach with the middle ware running on a Windows box, though running on a Linux box would be nice.I have years of experience with Delphi, I am now on Delphi XE7 and will move to XE9 once its out and stable. My app users will need accounts to access these services, there seems to be some work at hand managing this, I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
>
>  I have gone through the Datasnap examples for server and clients. I looked at dbmMW which seems very complete, RealThinClient looks easier to get going, but how about the account services and account management functions. Are those available somewhere?
>
> I will probably use an MySQL server for the account status, I have been using Devart MySQL for sometime
>
> Any suggestion about the easiest way to get started? .
>
> Thanks,
> Bob K.
-1
Kim
8/5/2015 11:30:24 PM
Kim,

 Thanks, that is right on target.

 Unless someone else speaks up it looks like kbmMW is the way to go.

Thanks,
Bob K.

> {quote:title=Kim Madsen wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> With regards to account management, kbmMW contains a very complete set of features for that.
> To see some of the many pages of documentation, visit this link:
> http://goo.gl/r94uYs
>
> For the authorization manager,look for  "The Authorization manager explained.pdf"
>
> best regards
> Kim Madsen/C4D
>

> > {quote:title=Robert Kondner wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi,
> >   I need to start generating some web services for some VCL Win32 apps. I kind of like the n-tier approach with the middle ware running on a Windows box, though running on a Linux box would be nice.I have years of experience with Delphi, I am now on Delphi XE7 and will move to XE9 once its out and stable. My app users will need accounts to access these services, there seems to be some work at hand managing this, I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
> >
> >  I have gone through the Datasnap examples for server and clients. I looked at dbmMW which seems very complete, RealThinClient looks easier to get going, but how about the account services and account management functions. Are those available somewhere?
> >
> > I will probably use an MySQL server for the account status, I have been using Devart MySQL for sometime
> >
> > Any suggestion about the easiest way to get started? .
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bob K.
0
Robert
8/6/2015 2:07:57 PM
Kim,

 Thanks, that is right on target.

 Unless someone else speaks up it looks like kbmMW is the way to go.

Thanks,
Bob K.

> {quote:title=Kim Madsen wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> With regards to account management, kbmMW contains a very complete set of features for that.
> To see some of the many pages of documentation, visit this link:
> http://goo.gl/r94uYs
>
> For the authorization manager,look for  "The Authorization manager explained.pdf"
>
> best regards
> Kim Madsen/C4D
>

> > {quote:title=Robert Kondner wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi,
> >   I need to start generating some web services for some VCL Win32 apps. I kind of like the n-tier approach with the middle ware running on a Windows box, though running on a Linux box would be nice.I have years of experience with Delphi, I am now on Delphi XE7 and will move to XE9 once its out and stable. My app users will need accounts to access these services, there seems to be some work at hand managing this, I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
> >
> >  I have gone through the Datasnap examples for server and clients. I looked at dbmMW which seems very complete, RealThinClient looks easier to get going, but how about the account services and account management functions. Are those available somewhere?
> >
> > I will probably use an MySQL server for the account status, I have been using Devart MySQL for sometime
> >
> > Any suggestion about the easiest way to get started? .
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bob K.
-1
Robert

\ vs / vs %

VS 2005 vs VS 2008
Hi all ,                  Iam using VS2005 till now and i want to grade up my self with the VS2008 then what are the Added Advantage for me as a DEVELOPER and as a Teamlead as a Project ManagerNothing is impossible as the IMPOSSIBLE word itself says I M Possible...just you have to try..u get all what you desirePradeep BishtBLOG ::--> http://dotnetarmy.blogspot.com/URL ::--> http://www.asp.net   check this URL, http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-...

Datasnap vs Firebird
Hello. Anybody familiar with the two, who can tell me if Datasnap in 2009 is a better choice than Firebird? I'm also thinking about the components between Delphi and Firebird that maybe suddenly is stopped developed some day. Any thougthts is appreciated. :) Kai Inge Kai Inge Buseth wrote: > Hello. > > Anybody familiar with the two, who can tell me if Datasnap in 2009 is > a better choice than Firebird? > I'm also thinking about the components between Delphi and Firebird > that maybe suddenly is stopped developed some day. > Any thougthts i...

Datasnap vs SoapServer
What are the advantages in using DataSnap compared to writing a soapserver application. I know Datasnap can use TCP/IP instead of soap. Regards Sandeep > What are the advantages in using DataSnap compared to writing a > soapserver application. > > I know Datasnap can use TCP/IP instead of soap. > Briefly: SOAP is a good standard if you want to provide an API for other systems. However the XML makes it slower than it needs to be. (RemObjects SDK has a binary mode which makes things faster, but then imcompatible with other systems). Datasnap uses JS...

VS 2005 Vs VS 2008 #2
Hi, Can anyone let me know the updates in VS 2008 over VS 2005.    Hi, for example: http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-2008-what-s-more-risk.aspxThanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU...

Confused between XMLDocument vs XPathDocument vs XMLTextReader vs SAX vs DOM
Hello, I am confused between XMLDocument vs XPathDocument vs XMLTextReader vs SAX vs DOM when to use which? I have to parse an xml document in VS 2005 using C#. Can someone answer this...just want to know the if I can use SAX in .NET or use the regular lib's...

Panel vs PlaceHolder vs UpdatePanel vs ???
I have a need to add controls to a form dynamically.The control type, number, order, properties, etc. will not be known until run time so no controls can be predefined. In general, a source defines which controls must be added to a form, a user will make some entries/selections and submit.On postback, the user's submission will be processed and some controls' property values, perhaps even the controls themselves, will change with the updated results displayed to the user. There are numerous ways to handle dynamic controls.I've considered Panels, Pl...

GridView vs DataList vs Repeater vs Formview vs DetailsView
In development there is always a question which control to choose. I think many developers including myself are not clear on which control should be should for which purposes. Can you pls explain what are the pros and cons of these controls and also why some say that Gridview is a heavy control and repeater is a light control what does that mean. what makes a control heavy and what makes a control light......does it really matter in professional applications  which control you use? kindly throw some light. thanks. Still kind of new myself, but this is what my book says:Control - Cap...

the Bat! vs. Pegasus vs. Eudora vs. others
Hello, all... the time has finally come for me to roll out a new email client on my company's network. yes, happy days are here... and i've finally convinced the powers that be to allow me to prohibit the use of Outlook and Outlook Express for POP and SMTP at the company where i work. So... i will be in the market for a new email client and i wanted to just toss a few points that i'm thinking about into the newsgroups (follow-ups set to grc.security only) since i know that many of you have already taken these steps in the right direction. The following are condition...

IBS vs. DNN vs. RP vs. PSK
What are the main differences between the IBuySpy, DotNetNuke, Rainbow Portal, and Portal Starter Kit tools? I'm just starting to look at them and don't really want to dig down into each individual one to find its pros/cons. Can someone point me to an existing assessment? I know that DNN is based on IBS (I think Rainbow is, too), but I don't know what was added/changed. Nor do I know how these differ from the starter kit that was released by Microsoft. If anyone can help me out, here, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin.com...

SQOD: masterpages and VS 2003 vs VS 2005
Hi All, Apologies, I'd delve into this further myself but I'm pressed for time and I know I can find a quick answer via the forums. I have a few basic questions: I'm just starting to look at masterpages as a possible means to apply a common look-n-feel for my (growing) web app. I currently have VS 2003. - is the masterpage functionality available in VS 2003? - do master pages allow css-type positioning? are they the best way to enforce positioning? And, regarding VS 2005 - what are the major differences (iow, is it worth it upgrade now to VS 2005) - what does ...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

DataSnap in XE vs. DataAbstract
Are there any comparisons between DataSnap (XE) vs Data Abstract? TIA, Ed Dressel It's good to know about the comparisons between DataSnap (XE) vs RO DA. Actually, I use RO DA than DataSnap from Delphi to support my product. We know RO SDK also included in RO DA, based on my experience in using this component. To support my ERP System, I prefer to use this component. I'm so sorry, I cannot mention the detail of comparisons both of components. -- Regards, Eko Indriyawan www.ekoindri.com Delphi makes me that a something impossible can be realized with possible ...

IBS vs. DNN vs. RP vs. PSK
What are the main differences between the IBuySpy, DotNetNuke, Rainbow Portal, and Portal Starter Kit tools? I'm just starting to look at them and don't really want to dig down into each individual one to find its pros/cons. Can someone point me to an existing assessment? I know that DNN is based on IBS (I think Rainbow is, too), but I don't know what was added/changed. Nor do I know how these differ from the starter kit that was released by Microsoft. If anyone can help me out, here, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.Michael Flanakin | Microsoft Consulting Serviceswww.michaelflanakin.com ...

Web resources about - Datasnap vs RealThinClient vs kbmMW - embarcadero.datasnap