Problem with installing a Delphi component in C++ Builder XE

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right forum...
I'm trying to install a delphi component (I only have the .pas sources) in C++ Builder XE.
I went through the normal procedure (Components->Install a component; select the .pas files + Install in a new package; Package C++ Builder). I get a new project "namePackage.bpl" and I right-click on "Install". The compilation is succesful and I have a message saying that the new components have been installed and if I create a new project to use them, they are indeed available.

The problem arrives when I try to compile this project since the .lib for the new package is missing. And I cannot add the path to the library since it was not generated as far as can see. No .lib and no .bpi. When I installed the package, only the .bpl was generated. I tried to change the Delphi compiler options on the package project to "Generate all C++ Builder files (including package libraries)" with no luck.

I'm at lost here, is there an option missing here? What confuses me the most is that everything seems to work just fine during compilation. I only have two transtyping warnings on compilation and a "duplicate ressource" warning during linking.

Thanks in advance for any advice you could give me.

Julien
0
Julien
7/6/2011 9:55:44 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.writing 359 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Julien Erny wrote:}{quote}
> The problem arrives when I try to compile this project since the .lib for the new package is missing. And I cannot add the path to the library since it was not generated as far as can see. No .lib and no .bpi. When I installed the package, only the .bpl was generated. I tried to change the Delphi compiler options on the package project to "Generate all C++ Builder files (including package libraries)" with no luck.

The LIB, BPI and headers will be generated when you have the "Generate all C++Builder files" turned on.  Have you just installed or done a Make, or have you re-built since you turned that option on?  If the IDE doesn't pick it up automatically, you will need to build to cause it to generate the files.

Check your output folders in the project settings.

Hope that helps,

David
0
David
7/7/2011 6:55:31 AM
Yeah, common problem since BDS 2006. See this:

http://blog.zachsaw.com/2008/10/delphi-packages-not-appearing-in-c.html

It's 2011 now, taken them 6 years but it's still broken!
LOL!!!

And no you won't be the last to encounter this embarrassing problem.
0
Zach

Installing Delphi components into C++ Builder 2009?
Hi All, I'm trying to install a Delphi package into C++ Builder 2009. I've read the stuff out there that says install into Delphi and get it to create the C++ files, unfortunately I don't have Delphi installed on my development box. When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personality is not available and the project cannot be loaded. Is there any way around this? Thanks Trev Hello, > {quote:title=Trevor Goldsmith wrote:}{quote} > > When I try and open the Delphi package, C++ Builder tells me that the Delphi Personal...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js I'm not an expert here, and to be honest, I'm pretty confused by the whole ...

Problem with installation SMC Component in C++ Builder XE2
I can't install SMCmpnt.dpk in Builder XE2. When I try to open this file then is Error: "The project can not be loaded because the required personality Delphi. Personality is not available." If I remove SMCmpnt.dproj file - nothing happens after I try to open SMCmpnt.dpk file. I asked Mike Shkolnik (smc creator) and probably I doing everything correct. Do someone have the same problem? Any ideas? ...

How do I install Delphi 2007 components into C++Builder 2007?
Hi Folks, I have a Delphi component that installs into Delphi 2007, and it then appears in the tool palette. That's all fine. When I then run C++Builder 2007, I can see that my component package is already installed, and can even uninstall and re-install it, but the component doesn't appear in the tool palette. What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? -- Simon <Simon Armstrong> wrote in message news:5932@forums.codegear.com... > What must I do to get it to appear in the palette for C++Builder? Did you enable the "Generate all...

component installation in delphi 2009 and C++ builder 2009 [Edit]
hi all, I going to migrate from delphi to c++ builder. and also just installed RAD studio 2009. when I install a delphi component, I see it only in delphi ide Tool Palette (while see them in design packages of rad) but when I try install its C++ builder version in c++ builder ide, RAD tell me that its file is associated with one of installed components and i can't install it. what can i do for Making delphi component visible at c++ builder ide, or Installing their c++ builder version? regards js Edited by: john smith on Apr 30, 2009 6:58 AM <john smith> wrote in mess...

Going from C++ Builder XE Achitect Trial to C++ Builder Professional XE
What are the correct steps that I need to perform to go from a trial of C++ Builder XE Architect Trial to a purchased copy of C++ Builder Professional XE? I want to make sure that no traces are left from the installation of the trial version. Thanks I phoned support and here is the reply: Run the 'Modify, Repair, Uninstall' link in the Embarcadero start menu. Then choose 'Upgrade' and follow instructions. ...

Help Update 3 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE
Help Update 3 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/28256 Updated: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:52:00 GMT Is the update really new? > {quote:title=Ralf Stocker wrote:}{quote} > Help Update 3 for Delphi XE and C++Builder XE > http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/28256 > Updated: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:52:00 GMT > > Is the update really new? I think so -- but it's nothing major. The update is really BIG though. Not worth it if you're in your cabin in the mountains with a 9600 baud modem connection. ...

Delphi XE 5 / XE 6 Firemonkey custom component display problem
Hi everybody, I've a problem and I would like to know if you have encountered the same type of problem, and better, if you have solved it. Let's go for the explanation! With Firemonkey if you chose to create a new component derived from TListBox class with the wizard and you build and install it on a custom palet there is no problem. I mean that you can drag your own new component on a form and all is OK! But if you are doing the same thing with the TCustomListBox class as ancestor you can create your component without problem but when you drag this new one on a form you have ...

problem of converting from C++ Builder 6 to C++ Builder 2007
Hi, A program which was developed by our partner was built fine with C++ Builder 6. Now I need to make some changes to it. We bought C++ Builder 2007 a few weeks ago. When I open the program with C++ Builder 2007, I was told that the project needs to be converted. I agreed. Then when I compile it, some errors happen: [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(435): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(3880): E2272 Identifier expected [BCC32 Error] ComCtrls.hpp(4658): E2272 Identifier expected ...... Anybody has any idea how to fix it? Thanks, Allen In article <14040@f...

Convert to C++ Builder XE from C++ Builder 6 and 2007
Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? On 6/20/2012 8:20 AM, Girish Duddu wrote: > Any information regarding the roadblocks of converting the code build in C++ Builder 6,2007 to C++ Builder XE? The big change is the default string in XE is UnicodeString rather than AnsiString. All VCL String properites (Text, etc.) are Unicode in XE. There are good white papers regarding making this transition on the Embarcadero EDN site. I found that most of the changes I had to make fell into two categories: 1) Places...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.2 and X-Files Components 4.2 with support for Delphi & C++Builder 2009 !
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.2 and X-Files Components 4.2 has been released. What's new in version 4.2 ? ===================== - Package for Delphi 2009 Win32 & C++Builder 2009 with support for Unicode!!! - Some minor bugs fixed What's new in version 4.12 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2007 for .NET is now available!!! - Package for Delphi 2007 Win32 & C++Builder 2007 with Update 3!!! Notice. Update 3 for Delphi/C++Builder 2007 is required to install version 4.12....

[...]

Web resources about - Problem with installing a Delphi component in C++ Builder XE - embarcadero.cppbuilder.writing

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper