Install and use "pas" components in C++ Builder 2010

Hi all,

I know that this topic is not new an there are many threads about it. I have read a lot of them and try to resolve my problem but it fail every time :( So I want to describe my problem and maybe, hopefully, someone can help me? :)

I currently migrate an old Borland C++ Builder 5.0 project to C++ Builder 2010. I have many problems, but one of them are old third party components. This are all Delphi components and from each component I have the *.pas, *.hpp and *.dcu file.

If I try to install a componente via "Component->Install packages->Add", I have to select a *.bpl File.

If I try to install a componente via "Component->install component->in new package", I have to select a *.cpp and a *.bpk File.

Can someone please tell me how I can create this needed files or another way to install delphi components into the C++ Builder 2010 that I can use this from the Tool-Box?

Thank you very much! :)

sebn

P.S.: I am new to C++ Builder and a absolute newbie to delphi/pascal :/
0
Peter
11/28/2013 10:19:49 AM
embarcadero.cppbuilder.writing 359 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Peter Lubitz wrote:

> I am new to C++ Builder and a absolute newbie to delphi/pascal

So it can be not easy to you because even experienced users have
transition troubles. The root of problem is nearly total absence of
docs  on this theme.

> I currently migrate an old Borland C++ Builder 5.0 project to C++
> Builder 2010. I have many problems, but one of them are old third
> party components.

Note: your old components and VCL were based on Ansi strings and single
byte chars, CB2010 VCL is based on Unicode strings and  wide chars.
Sometimes conversion of old Ansi components to Unicode is not
straightforward.

> This are all Delphi components and from each
> component I have the *.pas, *.hpp and *.dcu file.
>
> If I try to install a componente via "Component->Install
> packages->Add", I have to select a *.bpl File.
>
> If I try to install a componente via "Component->install
> component->in new package", I have to select a *.cpp and a *.bpk File.
>
> Can someone please tell me how I can create this needed files or
> another way to install delphi components into the C++ Builder 2010
> that I can use this from the Tool-Box?

You have 2 opportunities.

First (and simpler) is installation of components into entire Studio
(not only into Delphi personality) if you have both Delphi and Builder
personalities: run Studio (not Delphi personality), open dpk, set
"Generate all C++ files" in progect options, build an install. After
that components should be available in both personalities.

Second (and harder) is compilation with command line Delphi compiler
(dcc32). Note that dcc is not available in trial and Starter versions
of Studio. Note also that if Delphi personality is not installed it is
possible that dcc will (probably) not be able to find some files and
this is additional source of possible troubles (at least I had them).

To generate needed cpp files use dcc like this:

Set BCB=C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0

"%BCB%\Bin\dcc32" -U"%BCB%\Lib" -JL Some.dpk
If Errorlevel 1 goto Err

It will generate hpp, bpi, lib and bpl files. Copy them into
appropriate locations visible to compiler and linker
(Tools->Options->Paths and Directories), open IDE and install bpls.

Hope this helps ...

--
Alex
0

> If I try to install a componente via "Component->Install
> packages->Add", I have to select a *.bpl File.

Yes, because it is looking for compiled binaries, not source code.

> If I try to install a componente via "Component->install component->in
> new package", I have to select a *.cpp and a *.bpk File.

You can add .pas files to a Package.  Simpy change the file type filter on
the dialog.  You just type in the desired filename manually.

> Can someone please tell me how I can create this needed files or
> another way to install delphi components into the C++ Builder 2010
> that I can use this from the Tool-Box?

Have you checked the vendors of those components to see if they have released
CB2010 versions?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

> You can add .pas files to a Package.

What about all pas compiler options which are usually in dpk ? Move
them manually into ... what file?

--
Alex
0
Alex wrote:

> What about all pas compiler options which are usually in dpk ?

C++ projects have a Delphi Compiler section in the Project Options.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

> > What about all pas compiler options which are usually in dpk ?
>
> C++ projects have a Delphi Compiler section in the Project Options.

OK.

The only inconvenience is manual transferring of 10-15 options in
command line equivalent ...

--
Alex
0

thank you very much for your help! :)

Now I can (try to) go on with my work. I will inform you if I was successful or not in the next few days.

All the best,
sebn
0
Peter

Using "+" or "||"

"Using" or "With"

Packages to install to use "mkuser" and "passwd" or "pwdadm" commands
Hello everybody, can anyone suggest me what packages do I have to install to use user admin commands stated in Subject? Hope to hear from you soon, Paolo De Nictolis Paolo, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and options available at http://support.novell.com...

Using group to give "edit components" rights and "use for bugs"
I have a product, and I want to give the rights to adminster that product (edit components and so on) to another person. According to the documentation (3.4.4, 3.15), using a group seems to be the proper way to do this, so I created a group for the purpose. Now, the documentation says (section 3.4.4) that "After selecting the "Edit Group Access Controls" link from the "Edit Product" page, a table containing all user-defined groups for this Bugzilla installation is displayed.". So, I did select "Edit Group Access Controls" for the product, and...

LastIndexOf("/"c) -- what is "c" ?
I'm trying to convert some VB to C#, and ive run into a small problem due to my lack of experience with VB..... below is the VB code: ************************ Dim s As String = entry.Name.ToLower Dim i As Integer = s.LastIndexOf("/"c) ************************ on the 2nd line, at the end, it has the "/"c ...... what is the "c" there for? the "literal conversion" to C# of the above is this: ************************ string s = entry.Name.ToLower(); int i = s.LastIndexOf("/"c); ************************ but tha...

[ID 20020307.006] [BUG][use encoding] use encoding 'greek'; print "not" unless pack("U*", 0x3af) eq pack("C*", 0xdf) prints "not"!
This is a bug report for perl from "Anton Tagunov" <tagunov@motor.ru>, generated with the help of perlbug 1.33 running under perl v5.7.3. ----------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, developers! Hello, Jarkko! Please consider the following test being added: --- lib/encoding.t.orig Fri Feb 8 07:12:05 2002 +++ lib/encoding.t Thu Mar 7 19:38:39 2002 @@ -1,4 +1,4 @@ -print "1..19\n"; +print "1..20\n"; BEGIN { if (ord("A") == 193) { @@ -89,3 +89,7 @@ print "not " unless "\x...

builder c++ 2009 "runtime" "redistributable"
Hi, I have some DLLs (written in builder c++ 5). They are COM+ components, that are invoked for classic ASP applications. So I decided to compile them in builder c++ 2009. Everyone was compiled with success. But, when I tryed to register COM+ components, the Windows showed a error message, saying that there aren't dependencies installed. Do I have to install something in the server, something like a "runtime" or "redistributable version"? Eduardo wrote: > But, when I tryed to register COM+ components, the Windows showed a > error message, saying th...

C#.Net "Double" and "double" When/Where to use?
Hi all     Please let me know the difference between "Double" and "double" in c#.Net (I understand that "Double" is structure      and "double" is an instance to that structure) differences if any thing else.     Also the context in which both has been used.(When/Where to use both). thanks all...      hi,my brains says Double is reference type & double is value type.regards,satishKind Attn: If a reply to your post helped you, kindly mark it as Answered.__________...

replace("\","/") in c#
Hi Guys Please can you help me with the above command, I am getting an error CS1010: Newline in constant  this is what i was using temptxt.Replace("\", "/"); thanks in advance hesh   orangelightblub:"\" Didn't test this but I think it should be"\\" or @"\"instead.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. Legend! Thanks Hesh  Hi XIII          Can you explain what is @ in the replace fun...

how to have a "yes", "no", "cancel" in javascript with c#?
 how to use a "yes", "no", "cancel" message box to allow user select. Javascript you have only Yes and Cancel see belowfunction callAlert() {if (confirm('Are you sure you want to Delete?')) {alert("Yes"); } else {alert("No"); } }   To Get Yes No Cancel you will have to use VBScript <script language="VBscript"> ' Buttons Yes, No, and CancelDim box box = MsgBox ("Are You Sure?", 35, "Dialog Title") </script>  MAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP A...

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

C++Builder 2010 "Missing" Files
I just installed C++Builder 2010 on a Vista system. I receive 2 error messages when starting C++Builder: "This application has failed to start because dbexpress140.bpl was not found." Where is this file supposed to be located? "Can't load package c:\program files\embarcadero\rad studio\7.0\bin\dclwebsnap140.bpl. The specified module could not be found." I can see the file at the specified path. Why can't the program see it? What is the fix for these errors? What problems will I have if I run the EDI despite these errors? On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:3...

Like "C*" instead of Like "C%"?
I know it's trivial but I'm building programs for a house that has all users who are trained on Informix and Microsoft products. When given a Query By Example, they are used to placing "*" characters in for wildcards. Management complains that teaching them to use "%" in certain instances is going to be a support problem. Is there a way to alter the Powerbuilder wildcard character in a generic way so as to allow for this functionality? Pointers for how others have dealt with this problem are appreciated. Daniel Wynalda <danielw@wybbs.mi.org&g...

Replacing "use base" with "use parent"
--bcaec554da9c7514d304ca32ffa3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, From the base.pm documentation<http://perldoc.perl.org/base.html#DESCRIPTIO= N>: Unless you are using the fields pragma, consider this module discouraged in favor of the lighter-weight parent . From the parent.pm documentation<http://perldoc.perl.org/parent.html#HISTOR= Y> : This module was forked from base to remove the cruft that had accumulated in it. parent.pm is a 30 lines pure Perl dual module available also in core since 5.10...

Web resources about - Install and use "pas" components in C++ Builder 2010 - embarcadero.cppbuilder.writing